Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New construction on Bray / Greystones Road

Options
  • 11-05-2015 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

Who would I contact to question the building works currently underway on the site close to Bray golf club?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Banta

They've been there since the late 80's / early 90's, so I think they have squatters rights on that bit of land now, I believe? As regards to the building going on (I've not seen it myself), I'm not sure who you'd contact. The council, I suppose?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

These people were allocated that site going back several years. They have been provided with a mains water supply and a portaloo as well as bin collection services. The authorities are well aware of their presence.
    Woe be tide you or me having an unauthorised development, we would be bombarded with letters and threatened court action by the authorities.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭artvandelay48

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    These people were allocated that site going back several years. They have been provided with a mains water supply and a portaloo as well as bin collection services. The authorities are well aware of their presence.
    Woe be tide you or me having an unauthorised development, we would be bombarded with letters and threatened court action by the authorities.

Well, to be fair, if you had squatters rights, there would be no come back on it either. Unless the OP is a member of the golf club, I can't see how it would really affect anyone. What harm are they doing? They seem well established at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Zoo4m8

Open to correction ... But I've been past a couple times and have only glanced in and my impression is that some earthworks have been carried out at the back of the site, maybe to alleviate water runoff from the golf club lands? Haven't been aware of any actual construction taking place..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

What harm are they doing? In what way does their presence on that site impact upon your life?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭d2ww

RayM wrote: »
    What harm are they doing? In what way does their presence on that site impact upon your life?
    what if ten other people want to build wherever they like around Wicklow, is it still ok, or a hundred people is that still ok. What about a thousand? or ten thousand? Where would you draw the line?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

I think this thread has run it's course.
    I have already had to edit and delete a number of posts.

If someone has something constructive to add feel free to PM myself or LEIN.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Following a PM I have unlocked this thread.
    No accusations of illegality or naming individuals.

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭d-don

Seen the bit of work there today .. From what I seen there is a concrete box made from blocks and looks like to house a electric box etc and it's all cleared behind it ... Wonder what it is

d-don wrote: »
    Seen the bit of work there today .. From what I seen there is a concrete box made from blocks and looks like to house a electric box etc and it's all cleared behind it ... Wonder what it is
    Are they getting Efibre there? :D:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭markest

Water meter!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

According to today's Bray People the council are installing a water supply for the halting site there. It's in the story about the preventable painful death of one of the dogs at the site.

Preusse wrote: »
    According to today's Bray People the council are installing a water supply for the halting site there. It's in the story about the preventable painful death of one of the dogs at the site.
    That site has had a water supply from the water main for several years installed by WCC.
    There appears to be an electrical installation being put there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    That site has had a water supply from the water main for several years installed by WCC.
    There appears to be an electrical installation being put there now.

Yes, I am not sure what they are doing but can only tell you what it said in yesterday's paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭schmel22

Unfortunately more than one death up there and not just dogs kept in horrendous conditions, a local rescue negotiated with them to take a few dogs from them already

https://www.facebook.com/irish.spca/posts/922814464408175:0

https://www.facebook.com/groups/GreystonesOpenForum/permalink/836416309727189/

Advertisement