Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manual lawn mower repair

Options
  • 11-05-2015 9:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭

Hi I have an old manual push mower that I want to get fixed. It's one of those with a cylindrical blade that rotates as you push it.

It used to work years ago but has been been in the back of the shed for ages. The blades are rusty and don't turn very well now, but I'm sure someone that knows what they're doing could get it going again.

If anyone knows a place (ideally around Dublin 9) where it could be fixed I'd appreciate any info.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭gsi300024v

Have you tried slacking off the bottom blade and soak it with WD40 for a bit?

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Some_randomer

gsi300024v wrote: »
    Have you tried slacking off the bottom blade and soak it with WD40 for a bit?

Haven't tried that, the thing is a bit seized up and I don't have the tools for it. Was hoping to find someone that knows what they're doing..!

I was a greenkeeper for years never worked on anything as simple as these things before, last week I've had to mess around with two tiny ones. They really are very easy to work on, it's probably worth less than the price of getting someone to look at , have you a photo of it? Would be nice alright to keep it going.

I was a greenkeeper for years never worked on anything as simple as these things before, last week I've had to mess around with two tiny ones. They really are very easy to work on, it's probably worth less than the price of getting someone to look at , have you a photo of it? Would be nice alright to keep it going.

Yes I'd like to keep it going, one reason being that I also have an electric mower and when I plugged it in a few weeks ago it blew all the downstairs sockets. So I don't think it's wise trying that again.

Also my garden is small and it's not really worthwhile buying a new mower, so the push one would do fine if I can get it fixed.

I'll try to get a picture up today or tomorrow...thanks

Where abouts are you? They really are simple little things.

• Advertisement

Where abouts are you? They really are simple little things.

I'm in Beaumont Dublin 9. Here's a couple of pics, the wheels aren't turning any more and there's a fair bit of rust overall so I'm not sure if it can be saved :confused:

I adjust one like this the other say, it just looks so cheap that there is no point having someone look at for even 20 euro.

I adjust one like this the other say, it just looks so cheap that there is no point having someone look at for even 20 euro.

Do you know if they can be bought new somewhere?

Yeah, I saw some in Woodies. at the weekend.

Advertisement