Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New House Connection

Options
  • 11-05-2015 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 24,394 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

what's the process for getting a new house connected for phone and broadband?

-Dave

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

lawred2 wrote: »
    Hi,

what's the process for getting a new house connected for phone and broadband?

-Dave
    Hi Dave

Installation of a line is free at present however a contract for line rental would apply to all new installations/reactivation's. The line rental charge is usually bundled with a call package and/or broadband package. To place and order for installation/re-activation please contact eircoms sales team on free phone 1800503303 - our sales team will also be able to discus eircoms rental and package charges - you can also reach sales via WebChat here: www.eircom.ie/chatnow

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 24,394 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Thanks Al.

Is it only after requesting a new connection that the list of possible services at our address is ascertained? 

-Dave

Thanks Al.

Is it only after requesting a new connection that the list of possible services at our address is ascertained? 

-Dave
    No worries.

Yes that's correct - more specifically it is only after installation of a new connection that the list of possible services at our address is ascertained and until active eircom cannot guarantee broadband will be available.

Although we can always see if we can offer you an indication if broadband may be available...do you want to PM me the address and I'll see if I can offer an indication? if you have a neighbors number (near bye) that will help me with this

Thanks
    Al

Thanks Al.

-Dave
    No worries.

Yes that's correct - more specifically it is only after installation of a new connection that the list of possible services at our address is ascertained and until active eircom cannot guarantee broadband will be available.

Although we can always see if we can offer you an indication if broadband may be available...do you want to PM me the address and I'll see if I can offer an indication? if you have a neighbors number (near bye) that will help me with this

Thanks
    Al
    PM on its way

Thanks Al.

-Dave
    No worries.

Thanks
    Al
    PM on its way
    Thanks for your PM lawred2

I'm afraid I will be unable to offer you an indication as no houses in your area have been connected yet however preliminary tests on a line which is due for install in your area suggest it cannot avail of broadband. I'm afraid that's the best indication we can offer at the moment.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

Thanks Al.

-Dave
    No worries.

Thanks
    Al
    PM on its way

I'm afraid I will be unable to offer you an indication as no houses in your area have been connected yet however preliminary tests on a line which is due for install in your area suggest it cannot avail of broadband. I'm afraid that's the best indication we can offer at the moment.

Thanks
    Al
    Please tell me that you are joking!?

The house is 10KM from the centre of Dublin City. I currently live on the same road and have ADSL broadband.. not great but at least it's something

Thanks Al.

-Dave
    No worries.

Thanks
    Al
    PM on its way

Thanks
    Al
    Please tell me that you are joking!?

The house is 10KM from the centre of Dublin City. I currently live on the same road and have ADSL broadband.. not great but at least it's something
    I understand this is disappointing but I'm not joking,

As I had previously advised it is only after installation of a new connection that the list of possible services at our address is ascertained and until active eircom cannot guarantee broadband will be available - in the case I have check the line is not installed yet but should be installed within 10 working days.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement