Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bike courier UK to Ireland?

• 11-05-2015 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi,

I've been driving myself crazy with temptation looking at lovely looking classic bikes available for sale on some of the UK cycling forums, would anyone have a recommendation for a courier company that charges a reasonable amount to bring a bike from UK mainland to Ireland?.

Parcel motel quoted me 112 euro for collection of a bike box measuring 120x180x25 cm from one of their Nightline depots.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭gaffmaster

Hello. Not sure if this is any use to you because you'd need the shop to coordinate with you.

http://www.shiply.com/ is a website where you enter what you want shipped and independent movers tender for the job. I used it once moving a flat load of stuff between the UK and Ireland and got it for about half the price of what I was quoted elsewhere.

Since this is not a shipping company and more like an intermediary, Your Mileage May Vary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

I used http://anyvan.ie which is a similar website. Bike was fully boxed and mover was insured. Cost was €125

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

I've used Paisley Frieght last year to bring a bike from London to Kildare.

I think they charged 60gbp and I had it in 3 days or so. No problems. They were cheaper than any of the van quoting websites.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Paisley Freight also last year.
    Poole to Stillorgan. About £40.
    No issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

Planet X wrote: »
    Paisley Freight also last year.
    Poole to Stillorgan. About £40.
    No issues.

That's very good in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Actually it was (42GBP base +12.99 insurance) 54.99 for me with extra insurance. I was paranoid of breaking my new bike :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7 marvin123

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Advertisement