Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is the i7 5600u worth 100e more than the i7 5500u

Options
  • 11-05-2015 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to decide between the below Dell systems. There is a 100e in the price and the only difference is the processor and the Wireless. I've researched the processor and it is slightly better.
    I don't understand the Wireless difference? Can someone explain this to me?

Processor
    NEW! XPS 13 €1,499.00
    5th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-5500U Processor (4M Cache, up to 3.00 GHz)
    DW 1560 + BT4.0 [802.11ac + Bluetooth 4.0, Dual Band 2.4&5 GHz, 2x2]

NEW! XPS 13 €1,599.00
    5th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-5600U Processor vPro (4M Cache, up to 3.20 GHz)
    Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 2x2 + Bluetooth 4.0
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,839 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Stand to be corrected, but the DW is usually DELL Wireless and itself a rebranded Broadcom chip

I'd say the main price differentiator is the slightly increased processor speeds myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Slightly higher base clock and slightly higher boost. Same TDP.

Considering you probably cant change it, and its only ~7% more expensive its probably the better option in the long run. A decent Dell like that will give you a good working life, so that speed boost over that time is a reasonable investment.

Advertisement