Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celtic Throwdown - September 5th & 6th, Ashling Hotel, Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,705 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

AFAIK at HypeSpotting, there was some confusion and Top 8 W/L status was reset; hence the clarification needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    AFAIK at HypeSpotting, there was some confusion and Top 8 W/L status was reset; hence the clarification needed.

yup, which is why I updated the content. :) I wrote it and copied some it from other sources and events where it was warranted. Criticisms, suggestions and constructive comments are welcome :) I added that the W/L will be kept as soon as so if there are omissions that people feel should be included - shout out.

Hi all.

It is with delight that we are able to announce another road to Celtic Throwdown event - This time in London!

We have teamed up with our good friends at Legacy of Minds to host the London leg for Celtic Throwdown. This will allow anyone in the UK who is coming to Ireland in September a chance to avail of valuable seeding points.
    It is on August 29th in Croydon, London. We will be announcing more details soon but it will be for Ultra, Smash and MKX as of now!

GET HYPE & go and like our London friends on Social Media.
    Facebook: Legacy Of Minds
    Twitter: @legacyofminds
    Instagram: Legacy of Minds

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ryanakabyitz

mk being played on ps3?

mk being played on ps3?

no, PS4.

Ultra - Xbox360
    Smash - WiiU
    MKX - PS4
    TTT2 - PS3

Side tourneys will vary from modified arcade boards for Super turbo to ps3's, wii's and xbox for the other side tournaments

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

mk being played on ps3?

MK is not currently available on PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ryanakabyitz

My bad i meant ps4

My bad i meant ps4

Then.... Yes :D

Announcement

There is an extra bonus to players at Celtic Throwdown! We are delighted to announce that the top 4 in Ultra will get free weekend tickets and seeded spots for EGX in Birmingham on Sunday September 27th, at The NEC Birmingham, West Midlands B40 1NT.

We are thrilled to announce that Celtic Throwdown is on the EGX circuit and we want to thank Unequalled Media for partnering with us on this and making this happen.

It is an extra incentive to win....... Are you good enough? Get Hype!

Poster-um.png

• Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Seriously good news that. Getting integrated into things like this is how we'll expand and hopefully just like Hypespotting get rewarded with a Capcom Pro tour event in the next year or two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Zoomyzoom

Excellent work guys! All the hard work over the last two years has really paid off - exciting times for all :)

ayjayirl wrote: »
    Hi all.

It is with delight that we are able to announce another road to Celtic Throwdown event - This time in London!

We have teamed up with our good friends at Legacy of Minds to host the London leg for Celtic Throwdown. This will allow anyone in the UK who is coming to Ireland in September a chance to avail of valuable seeding points.
    It is on August 29th in Croydon, London. We will be announcing more details soon but it will be for Ultra, Smash and MKX as of now!

GET HYPE & go and like our London friends on Social Media.
    Facebook: Legacy Of Minds
    Twitter: @legacyofminds
    Instagram: Legacy of Minds

Teaser from the guys at Legacy Minds...

There have been some changes to the seeding points system for Celticthrowdown in order to bring it in line with other events with regional qualifiers sponsored by Capcom.

Top 8 will receive seed points from now on and they will retrospectively be applied to the event from Galway. All changes are reflected on the website.

Details available here - http://www.celticthrowdown.com/?page_id=32

seeds-points-web.png

Latest Seed Points after 2 Road To Events....

seeds-points.png

• Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭Azza

LOL can't wait for top seed DARK "Diago Killer" ONION to get drawn against an unseeded Hound or Ladnopoka in the first round :D

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Azza wrote: »
    LOL can't wait for top seed DARK "Diago Killer" ONION to get drawn against an unseeded Hound or Ladnopoka in the first round :D

Ah here, I don't want to see some of our best get knocked into losers too early! :/

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Ah here, I don't want to see some of our best get knocked into losers too early! :/

I'd hate to see you in losers too

#CTTD

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

FYI the TicThrow site is destroyed with spam. If ye want, I've no problem running through it to clear it out.

Orim wrote: »
    FYI the TicThrow site is destroyed with spam. If ye want, I've no problem running through it to clear it out.

Yeh. In the process of deletification.

Woke up to 500 comments that say absolutely nothing..... A$$hole$

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Unfortunately, I'm now not going to be able to make this.

I've received a job offer for a bar that will be opening in Cork in early September and will be in training at the time ( unlike my current job but that's not for here. )

Just as well as I checked my spam folder as the email was sitting there the past 2 days! :pac:

All I need now is a SFV beta code and my day will be complete.

hey guys - This is fast approaching, just one month away really eek!

If you wanted to help in a minimalistic way, you could pop over to facebook-land and click that you are going here
    https://www.facebook.com/events/827279547320811/

It really helps us to get a good accurate picture of who is coming

Credit Lythero for producing this. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 OpeeyDopy

Hi just wondering if there are age restrictions and if there will be adapters for people using fight sticks for different consoles

OpeeyDopy wrote: »
    Hi just wondering if there are age restrictions and if there will be adapters for people using fight sticks for different consoles

Its over 12's before 7.30pm on the Saturday. After that, it is over 18s as the tournaments will be over and the evenings entertainment will begin.

This of course does not apply to Mortal Kombat X entry - That is strictly over 18's

There will most definitely not be adaptors provided to players. It is the responsibility of each player to bring their own appropriate controller/stick. Someone might be good enough to lend you one but if not its on you as each must bring one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

What were the results in Belfast?

What were the results in Belfast?

As with all of them, they are all available at rsie.challonge.com. Just select the appropriate event :)

The real winner was Sodium. He was plentiful ;)

I'll update main site tonight

ULTRA
    Supreme Champion: P4P|Cobelfraud
    Worthy Adversary: AS1| DOOM
    Maybe Next Time: EX| The Truth
    4th place: Onion
    5th place tie: CKTFergus
    Shane

7th place tie: Blag
    Gram

9th place tie: RFG| Nutrient
    AS1| AJ
    EX| JAYSPD
    FRANK

13th place tie: MiKenyan
    EX| Scavenger
    spriral
    Connor McLaughlin

17th place tie: EX|Ma'vorah
    maXy
    W3D!BILAL
    Half-X
    Paro
    LAR
    Firebreather
    Neilo

25th place tie: Fighta
    Barry

• Registered Users Posts: 18,705 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Oooh, look at Cobelfraud with 3 fancy letters to his name!

Seeds have been updated to reflect the latest event.

http://www.celticthrowdown.com/?page_id=32

• Advertisement

ayjayirl wrote: »
    Seeds have been updated to reflect the latest event.

http://www.celticthrowdown.com/?page_id=32

I'M NUMBER ON-

I'M NUMBER THREE!

Advertisement