Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celtic Throwdown - September 5th & 6th, Ashling Hotel, Dublin

Options
1235»

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Good Luck MikeNyan...

11951687_1051620578211973_7553242989604863520_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 40 TurboTaco

I bought my tickets online there, I only plan on entering Mortal Kombat. Do I need to show up before 12 to register even though the pools don't start until 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

Sorry but I can't make this :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,003 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

If anyone has 360 AV (composite or component) or VGA cables, can you please bring them?

Same goes for Wii/WiiU.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Well done to all the organizers. Very well run event and a nice venue too.
    Shout outs to the Grand Master Challenge guys for the ST set up. Pretty sick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,003 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Thanks to everyone who showed up to play.

Thanks to everyone who helped staff the event, brought equipment, helped set up and pack away everything.

It was overall the best event we've ran and hopefully we can do it again next year bigger and better.

Biggest thanks to AJ and Brian who put a lot of their own time and money into this.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Constant Markievicz

I just want to say thanks to the whole team who ran the event. Congratulations on a job well done to all involved. It was a fantastic weekend- the biggest and best event I've ever been to.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Okay, I think enough time has passed for my brain to wake up.

I have a few things to say!

First of all; due to technical difficulties, I wasn't able to record the stream, so instead I will just be making the stream archives viewable in full on the brianvondoom youtube channel. No waiting, they'll be up later today. I'll be splicey splicey-ing the better matches into their own videos at a later date. That goes for MK and SF. Smash was fine and on another machine. You can still watch the stream archive on MsCupcakes stream, but I'll be uploading the vids also.

There's too many people to thank individually. Firstly, thanks to everyone that came. The community ultimately doesn't live or die if we don't stream, or we don't have a venue- it lives or dies on people coming out to play. So thanks to EVERYONE who did. It was great to see you- even if there's enough new people that I don't know all your names!

Thanks to Capcom and Nintendo. It was great to be able to show off SFV, and it was amazing to have that bit of validation for the little community that could. Thanks to Dragonslayers too for a quick last minute hand out!

Thanks to everyone who brought equipment. There was a lot of wheels in motion and none of them fell off.

Thanks to Lee Geary for the trailers and everyone else who retweeted or talked about the tournament and generally got us out there.

Thanks to everyone who had a Celtic Throwdown shirt on (and Chris with his improvised one). It was a stressful weekend but we got through it with minimal loss of life. I hope you enjoyed the dinner :)

Special thanks to my good friends Aaron Jackson and Rachel Phillips. I can remember the very first discussion about Celtic Throwdown, around our kitchen table. That was a long time ago and effort has gone in every week since then; there's been long days and short sleeps for everyone.

Right now I am very tired but "how can we do it better" is already in the back of my mind. It won't get any better than this without any of you, but if we never got any further, I'd already be proud of what we achieved.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

Full results please!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

http://rsie.challonge.com/rstop16 - Assuming you only care about real games.

Great event. Major props to everyone involved. It's nice to know that when I return you put a bit of effort in :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Orim wrote: »

Great event. Major props to everyone involved. It's nice to know that when I return you put a bit of effort in :pac:

All for you ;)

Reading all the emotes from Celtic Throwdown has convinced me that no one else needs thanking....I'll do it anyway - Everyone and Anyone involved, attending or watching us on stream - Big Thank you. It was a great success. I want to mentioned specifically those that might not get the recognition for their efforts as they were detatched from the venue but all the external communities and scenes in the UK, France and elsewhere who were watching us online, tweeting, retweeting & promoting our wares over and above our efforts. This has not gone unnoticed and we are extremely grateful. I even believe we were on front pages on reddit & eventhubs for the day. Amazing! I could quite literally list people from the entire scene here.

When we started planning Celtic Throwdown earlier this year we were thinking that we needed to unite all of Ireland's fighting games scene/communities and bring us all together to put an event that would attract players and people back to us year after year. It meant us travelling across the country more than once, making arrangements over social media with people we have never met and upskilling ourselves in event management, video production, social media & design. Modestly aside, we did that brilliantly. All the peeps involved were fantastic with a special mention for Rachel and Brian cause not only did they bear the brunt of me during this process but they were instrumental in making CT happen.

Mattchu from Capcom, James from Nintendo - Thank you for believing and entrusting us with your company's names and brand and providing sic prizes and SFV. Added to the event no end and I thank you for your support.

And lastly I want to say that I am extremely proud to be invovled in this community and what we did. At times it wasn't easy but that is to be expected given we were doing all of this on a wing and a prayer.

Next year will be bigger better and will be our first major with SFV, with any luck.... a CPT event - Bring it on!

....and the mark of any great event..... Chunkis enjoyed it.

We can retire :pac:

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

What!!

Chunkis told me the sticks he borrowed for the ST set up where rubbish and cost him many games. Sorry the event has to be downgraded to a complete fiasco on this evidence :pac:

Azza wrote: »
    What!!

Chunkis told me the sticks he borrowed for the ST set up where rubbish and cost him many games. Sorry the event has to be downgraded to a complete fiasco on this evidence :pac:

Ah sure. He had to moan about something tbf :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Watched my stream match this morning. Commentary was fantastic :) The utter confusion for the first round and a half was hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Zoomyzoom

I popped a few photos on the FaceBook group for CelTic ThrowDown 2015 - https://www.facebook.com/rachelphillipsirl/media_set?set=a.10206808488823183&type=1&l=1f34585d88&pnref=story

Advertisement