Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone 5 Screen Repair

• 11-05-2015 11:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭

I am looking at getting an iphone 5 screen repair.

appleservice say they use genuine apple parts. is that true? i am torn between using them, being slightly more expensive, and fixiy who say they use Grade A1 as genuine parts not available.

does anybody have any thoughts on this? or any other recommendations in the dublin area?want to get this done asap. used a cheaper place before and really got stung by them with poor quality repair and a refusal to stand over their work.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

It's very easy to do yourself. No one but Apple has genuine screens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Apple do them, but expensive (€141.30) and you'll be without phone a few days. For any repair (If not going with Apple directly) I'd highly recommend e-tech in dundrum (a shop that actually knows what they're doing, can do repairs that other shops can't and give warranty on repairs).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,064 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Spipov wrote: »

appleservice say they use genuine apple parts. is that true? i am torn between using them, being slightly more expensive, and fixiy who say they use Grade A1 as genuine parts not available.

does anybody have any thoughts on this? or any other recommendations in the dublin area?want to get this done asap. used a cheaper place before and really got stung by them with poor quality repair and a refusal to stand over their work.

Syncron in Rosemount Business park, Dublin 15. €60 for supply and repair - within 2 hrs usually. 3 mth warranty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

i went with fixiy as it was handy and on the way. i did not have a good experience with e-tech before.

fixiy used grade a (they say) - but at least they said its not genuine. im happy with what i have, and have 12 months warranty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6 baldrick89

Spipov wrote: »

i had a good experience with dbx store, i bought the original lcd (12 months warranty) and replaced my broken screen by my friends

• Advertisement
Advertisement