Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accommodation in Fenit village?

Options
  • 11-05-2015 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

Afternoon all,

I'm looking for accommodation in Fenit village (or very, very close to it). So far all I've found online is the West End Bar & Restaurant which has rooms to rent upstairs apparently.
    Have also seen mention of both Godley's hotel and the Lighthouse Hotel - do either of these places still exist?

If anyone knows of places to try, can you please PM me or post here if it's allowed? I'll consider all options, B&B/Guesthouse/Hotel/Self-catering/caravan park - everything except a tent!

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

godleys exists not sure if they still have guests the lighthouse is closed.

there is a holiday village there but I cannot find the link

Not Connected with this crowd but I found this
    http://www.hogansirishcottages.com/cottage/County-Cork-Tralee/Atlantic-View-917503.html

when looking for the Holiday village

put 'holiday rentals fenit' into google and there are a couple

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭boogaloop

Thanks Sheesh. Any comment on the West End, what would it be like to stay in do you think?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

boogaloop wrote: »
    Thanks Sheesh. Any comment on the West End, what would it be like to stay in do you think?

I don't know what the West End is like to stay in, but I think it was taken over by new management a year or so ago & I think there was a bit of a refurb done. I have heard the food is great, but apart from that can't help! They have a website though
    http://www.westendfenit.ie/index.html

Thanks for that, will check it out.

Are there any b&bs near the Tankard pub down the road? Can't find any on google, so probably not. Hard to gauge how far away the Shangri-La B&B is from the Tankard......

Are there taxis in Fenit if we wanted to go between the Tankard and the village?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

boogaloop wrote: »
    Thanks for that, will check it out.

Are there any b&bs near the Tankard pub down the road? Can't find any on google, so probably not. Hard to gauge how far away the Shangri-La B&B is from the Tankard......

Are there taxis in Fenit if we wanted to go between the Tankard and the village?

I think there are B&B's around the Spa area, which isnt too far from the Tankard (Kilfenora area). As for Taxi's, I don't know who would be based out there, but you could call any of the Tralee taxi's I'm sure. Maybe give the Tankard a call & they could recommend B&B's in the area? (066) 713 6164

• Advertisement

Great, thanks very much for all the help, much appreciated.

Advertisement