Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Well done Eircom

Options
  • 11-05-2015 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46,108 ✭✭✭✭

A bit of nice feedback for a change coupled with a big thanks. 

My sister who lives near Tallaght had a fault on her line which over the weekend resulted in her loosing her phone service. She's currently with Sky and the fault was logged yesterday morning and she was adviced by a Sky rep that it could take Eircom up to 5 working days to fix it but in his experience it would most likely be done within 2 - 3 days.

So to her surprise her phone rings at 8:15 this morning and it was an Eircom engineer advising her that the fault had been repaired. Happy days.

She doesnt have internet access herself so she asked me to post up a big thank you to Eircom for a fast and efficient service.

Well done :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

muffler wrote: »
    A bit of nice feedback for a change coupled with a big thanks. 

My sister who lives near Tallaght had a fault on her line which over the weekend resulted in her loosing her phone service. She's currently with Sky and the fault was logged yesterday morning and she was adviced by a Sky rep that it could take Eircom up to 5 working days to fix it but in his experience it would most likely be done within 2 - 3 days.

So to her surprise her phone rings at 8:15 this morning and it was an Eircom engineer advising her that the fault had been repaired. Happy days.

She doesnt have internet access herself so she asked me to post up a big thank you to Eircom for a fast and efficient service.

Well done :)
    Hi muffler

Many thanks for your very kind Feedback - I'll pass this to network operations in Tallaght :)

Thanks!

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 46,108 ✭✭✭✭muffler

No probs Al. Im very much to the fore when it comes to giving out about something or other but I also like to give credit where its due.

No probs Al. Im very much to the fore when it comes to giving out about something or other but I also like to give credit where its due.
    That's brilliant muffler :)

Thanks!

Al

A bit of mixed feedback now.

On the downside of things the sister's phone / line went on the blink again with what I understand to be the same fault that was supposed to have been fixed 3 weeks ago. There's no excuse for that really. If a fault is repaired then it shouldn't occur again a mere 3 weeks later.

On a more welcoming note the fault, which was only logged yesterday morning, was repaired and the sister's phone was up and running again before tea time yesterday  (fault was in the exchange apparently). So once again a big thank you to the engineering team responsible for the quick and efficient manner in which the problem was dealt with.

Unfortunately I cant say the same for the Eircom Reps on this forum. Due to personal "extenuating circumstances" I contacted the reps here by PM with a view to getting a little bit of assistance with progressing the repair work but sadly I have to say that I didn't even get as much as an acknowledgment of my message.

Very poor form.

A bit of mixed feedback now.

On the downside of things the sister's phone / line went on the blink again with what I understand to be the same fault that was supposed to have been fixed 3 weeks ago. There's no excuse for that really. If a fault is repaired then it shouldn't occur again a mere 3 weeks later.

On a more welcoming note the fault, which was only logged yesterday morning, was repaired and the sister's phone was up and running again before tea time yesterday  (fault was in the exchange apparently). So once again a big thank you to the engineering team responsible for the quick and efficient manner in which the problem was dealt with.

Unfortunately I cant say the same for the Eircom Reps on this forum. Due to personal "extenuating circumstances" I contacted the reps here by PM with a view to getting a little bit of assistance with progressing the repair work but sadly I have to say that I didn't even get as much as an acknowledgment of my message.

Very poor form.
    Hi muffler 

I see you had PM'd me yesterday. While We try to reach much faster response timeframe than our advised 24 hours I do apologise for the disappointment created that this did not happen for you.

I'm glad your sisters line was restored on the same day of it being logged. I will of course take on your feedback and provide your positive feedback to our engineer/technical support department.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

Hi muffler 

I see you had PM'd me yesterday. While We try to reach much faster response timeframe than our advised 24 hours I do apologise for the disappointment created that this did not happen for you.

I'm glad your sisters line was restored on the same day of it being logged. I will of course take on your feedback and provide your positive feedback to our engineer/technical support department.

Thanks
    Al

Hi Al.

I dont know if you read my PM or not but if you did I'm sure you will appreciate and understand why I was looking for a little bit of extra assistance with the problem. As it turned out it wasn't necessary anyhow but I wasn't to know that when sending the PM. Even a one liner reply would have demonstrated some good faith.

In saying all that I had a quick look at the reps profiles and it appears that you were working on your own here yesterday so I can understand that it may not have been the easiest of times to expect a response.  But look, there's no harm done and hopefully I wont have to revisit the thread again.

I rarely visit this forum but I have noted that it is quite busy and I feel that Eircom should dedicate more Reps to deal with the large volumes of complaints and/or feedback.

Hi muffler 

Thanks
    Al

Hi Al.

I dont know if you read my PM or not but if you did I'm sure you will appreciate and understand why I was looking for a little bit of extra assistance with the problem. As it turned out it wasn't necessary anyhow but I wasn't to know that when sending the PM. Even a one liner reply would have demonstrated some good faith.

In saying all that I had a quick look at the reps profiles and it appears that you were working on your own here yesterday so I can understand that it may not have been the easiest of times to expect a response.  But look, there's no harm done and hopefully I wont have to revisit the thread again.

I rarely visit this forum but I have noted that it is quite busy and I feel that Eircom should dedicate more Reps to deal with the large volumes of complaints and/or feedback.
    Thanks muffler

Ultimately a 24 hr time-frame has always been in place here - I understand there are achievable improvements that could be made and I'll ensure you feedback is sent to management muffler

Al

Advertisement