Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price rises, did not receive letter and Eircom won't let me cancel contract.

Options
  • 11-05-2015 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭

Hi Eircom,

On 14/01/2015 I contacted Eircom via twitter to check if my eFibre-only only account would be affected by the price changes that were reported in the media. The twitter team asked me to contact 1901 to verify this.
    I called 1901 to cancel the account if they could confirm that the price was going to go up and was told that eFibre-only was not affected.

Since then I have been watching my bill closely, and last week I received an Eircom bill and found my broadband had gone up by 2 euro.
    I rang 1901 today to cancel today and was not allowed to cancel as I was told that I received a notification that my price was going up and it was too late to cancel. I have not received any letter.

I have opened a complaint, can you please follow up here as I either want to have the price restored or the contract cancelled?

Thx.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

cork_south wrote: »
    Hi Eircom,

On 14/01/2015 I contacted Eircom via twitter to check if my eFibre-only only account would be affected by the price changes that were reported in the media. The twitter team asked me to contact 1901 to verify this.
    I called 1901 to cancel the account if they could confirm that the price was going to go up and was told that eFibre-only was not affected.

Since then I have been watching my bill closely, and last week I received an Eircom bill and found my broadband had gone up by 2 euro.
    I rang 1901 today to cancel today and was not allowed to cancel as I was told that I received a notification that my price was going up and it was too late to cancel. I have not received any letter.

I have opened a complaint, can you please follow up here as I either want to have the price restored or the contract cancelled?

Thx.
    Hi cork_south

If you would like to PM me your eircom account number I can check if investigations have completed however the official judgement on this complaint must be made by the complaints team.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭cork_south

Hi Eircom,

Thx.
    Hi cork_south

If you would like to PM me your eircom account number I can check if investigations have completed however the official judgement on this complaint must be made by the complaints team.

Thanks
    Al
    Thx Alan, PM sent.

Hi Eircom,

On 14/01/2015 I contacted Eircom via twitter to check if my eFibre-only only account would be affected by the price changes that were reported in the media. The twitter team asked me to contact 1901 to verify this.

Since then I have been watching my bill closely, and last week I received an Eircom bill and found my broadband had gone up by 2 euro.
    I rang 1901 today to cancel today and was not allowed to cancel as I was told that I received a notification that my price was going up and it was too late to cancel. I have not received any letter.

I have opened a complaint, can you please follow up here as I either want to have the price restored or the contract cancelled?

Thx.
    Hi cork_south

Thanks
    Al
    Thx Alan, PM sent.

(edit)

Hi Michael

I see that we see you had contacted by the complaints department today and they advised that the contract will remain in place. I can also see that Amber has advised you of this in Twitter today too.

I can confirm that the complaints teams decision on this cannot be overturned however should you wish to appeal further you will need to contact the communications regulator (comreg).

I'm sorry I cannot do more

Al

Hi Eircom,

On 14/01/2015 I contacted Eircom via twitter to check if my eFibre-only only account would be affected by the price changes that were reported in the media. The twitter team asked me to contact 1901 to verify this.

Since then I have been watching my bill closely, and last week I received an Eircom bill and found my broadband had gone up by 2 euro.
    I rang 1901 today to cancel today and was not allowed to cancel as I was told that I received a notification that my price was going up and it was too late to cancel. I have not received any letter.

I have opened a complaint, can you please follow up here as I either want to have the price restored or the contract cancelled?

Thx.
    Hi cork_south

Thanks
    Al
    Thx Alan, PM sent.

(edit)

Hi Michael

I see that we see you had contacted by the complaints department today and they advised that the contract will remain in place. I can also see that Amber has advised you of this in Twitter today too.

I can confirm that the complaints teams decision on this cannot be overturned however should you wish to appeal further you will need to contact the communications regulator (comreg).

Al
    Hi Al,

Nobody from complaints has contacted me?

Hi Eircom,

Thx.
    Hi cork_south

Thanks
    Al
    Thx Alan, PM sent.

(edit)

Hi Michael

Al
    Hi Al,

Apologies Michael, I edited my last post to reflect you had contacted complaints - I see you have been Tweeting Tracey @eircom and that correspondence would be the most up to date and accurate reflection of the current status.

Al

• Advertisement

Hi Eircom,

Thx.
    Hi cork_south

Thanks
    Al
    Thx Alan, PM sent.

(edit)

Hi Michael

Al
    Hi Al,

Apologies Michael, I edited my last post to reflect you had contacted complaints - I see you have been Tweeting Tracey @eircom and that correspondence would be the most up to date and accurate reflection of the current status.

Al
    Thx Al,

So to confirm, there is no Complaints number at this time and I will be receiving feedback from Eircom on this within 10 working days correct?

Hi Eircom,

Thx.
    Hi cork_south

Thanks
    Al
    Thx Alan, PM sent.

(edit)

Hi Michael

Al
    Hi Al,

Al
    Thx Al,

So to confirm, there is no Complaints number at this time and I will be receiving feedback from Eircom on this within 10 working days correct?
    Yes That's correct - There is no Complaints number at this time and you will be receiving a response with eircoms official position on your complaint within 10 working days.

Thanks
    Al

Hi Eircom,

Thx.
    Hi cork_south

Thanks
    Al
    Thx Alan, PM sent.

(edit)

Hi Michael

Al
    Hi Al,

Al
    Thx Al,

Yes That's correct - There is no Complaints number at this time and you will be receiving a response with eircoms official position on your complaint within 10 working days.

Thanks
    Al
    Cool, thanks for the help.

Hi Eircom,

Thx.
    Hi cork_south

Thanks
    Al
    Thx Alan, PM sent.

(edit)

Hi Michael

Al
    Hi Al,

Al
    Thx Al,

Thanks
    Al
    Cool, thanks for the help.
    No worries cork_south

Al

Advertisement