Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Bib shorts help me decide

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

The first one is 'entry level' and 'attractively priced'. I beg to differ!
    Second ones for me, purely cos theyre cheaper!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

terrydel wrote: »
    The first one is 'entry level' and 'attractively priced'. I beg to differ!
    Second ones for me, purely cos theyre cheaper!

I agree, they are 170 euro, but entry level!!!!!!!!!! I nearly fell of my chair when I saw the price of the higher end shorts. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Luxman

I don't have those exact sportful ones, but much lower down the pecking order and I love them. Very comfortable and a smooth feel of sheer quality from the material. Seem to go through the wash cycle well although I am very careful with all my gear. Sizing is a car crash though, I am normally a medium but go to XXL large for the mini Italian clothing companies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

bazermc wrote: »
    I agree, they are 170 euro, but entry level!!!!!!!!!! I nearly fell of my chair when I saw the price of the higher end shorts. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

That assos stuff is good but tis a feckin ripoff!

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Red Belly

Assos are great. Do have a look at www.assosfactoryoutlet.com where you might pick up a bit of discount (still bloody expensive though).

I did have a look at those Sportful ones myself recently and I like their other stuff. But I can't justify the outlay until the Assos ones I have fall apart, which won't be for a while...I've had 'em for a year now and they've seen a lot of use and washes and are still good as new.

I would recommend a mid-price pair also so your 'good' pair can be saved for longer week-end efforts.

I'm 5' 8", 73kgs and the Assos Large are a good fit for me. I was a few kilos heavier when I first got 'em but I don't think that really matters, surely height (which doesn't change!) is the key measurement for bibs?

rb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 kev1986

i got these from wiggle dhb Aeron Race Cycling Bib Short great quality and for around 50 euro ye cant go wrong very comfortable and great fit aswel

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

If in doubt, buy Castelli:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00BTFGH9S?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

Assos are over priced IMO, their entry level stuff is not better than Castelli entry level stuff.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

I bought a pair of mavic helium bib shorts very good quality although the padding isn't gratuitous which I prefer.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭NBar

https://velorevolution.selz.com/categories/bib-shorts-tights

have got bibs and winter kit and cant complain, the quality is A++

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

Rapha core bibs are surprisingly good. As good, IMHO, as Assos entry level.

The Sportful Total Comfort Pro are also among my favourites.

I used to like Castellis, but now find that the ones above are a fair bit comfier. YMMV, as may your saddle and your posterior.

A lot of people rate Endura shorts, too. Or the higher-end Decathlon ones (not their cheapest ones, which are poor).

Too much money? Try 7Mesh, Ashmei, PedalEd, or any number of boutique artisan manufacturers. OCCI are really nice looking, and have the tp of the range EI pad in them (I can't find this anywhere else)...but 180 or so for summer shorts and 250 for winter ones....

Oh, this being Boards, an obligatory mention for Galibier, who make decent shorts by all accounts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Jebus you dragged up an old one there lads :D

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭Tony04

Galibier regale https://galibier.cc/product/regale-shorts/

No need to pay more than for the equipes though

Unlimited budget?

Ive heard brilliant reviws of cuore bib shorts
    https://www.cuore.ch/custom/us/en/GOLD-MEN-CYCLING-BIB-SHORT.html
    But to expensive for me to ever try

Spend over a certain a mount on bibs and you cant go wrong to be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭Macy0161

NBar wrote: »
    https://velorevolution.selz.com/categories/bib-shorts-tights

have got bibs and winter kit and cant complain, the quality is A++
    Pad is good, I find the velo shorts a bit short in the leg.

Advertisement