Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cat Love

• 11-05-2015 3:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭

So I searched and (shockingly!) couldn't find a thread encouraging boards.ie users to post the vast wealth of reasons they love their feline friend(s).

I'm not working today so I'm at home alone sitting on the couch doing various projects and watching tv. Loki has been meowing gently to me all day between trips in and out of the cat flap (he goes into our yard to play with the pet bunnies) and out to the front windowsill to case the front of the joint. When I don't reply, he comes into the living room, he gets my eye contact and he'll mew gently until I acknowledge him and talk back. It's some of the cutest behaviour I've ever seen.

Actually there's every chance he understood when I told him I was writing about him just now, because he just hopped up on my lap and started kneading me, falling asleep.

So, why do you love your cat so much?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,337 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Chloris wrote: »
    So, why do you love your cat so much?
    Because no matter how bad of a day I've had I can always rely on them to cheer me up (right before I get jumped for not serving them their dinner fast enough).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Our two cats think we are part of the pack but look different than they do. :) They comes trotting up to my wife and I with tails in the air and start circling around our feet.

One of my cats sometimes comes into the room I am meditating in and I can hear her footsteps. She is a tiny little thing but her footsteps are very loud (other cat is very quiet). Small things like that make me laugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

Right now, because he's sound asleep on the sofa curled up next to me and he's just the most darling, precious thing ever t09026.gif t09026.gif t09026.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Shivi111

I love pretty much everything about them, that they think I am a (particularly stupid) cat that needs to be taught to hunt and groom. That they have learned to communicate with me by meowing in response to everything I say. That the think obedience means not doing bold things when I am looking at them! That they act all independant but come running to me for protection when they hear a loud noise... Cats are fab, sure look at their little faces!

2wp6w78.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

God, where to start with how much I love our 4 and all their wonderful qualities and quirky personalities. Too many things I love about them to list.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

Ive one super sweet little purr angel who is also as bold as brass when she wants and one permanently grumpy old lady who just wants me to feed her and then go away.

I love them both to bits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

This morning when I filled his food and water dishes and brought them to his feeding tray he helpfully pointed to the space on the tray where he wanted the food dish to go. I almost died laughing.

When Toby isn't sure if something is ok/safe he looks me in the eyes and if I blink and nod he knows that everything is ok and he relaxes. I don't know how he managed to train me to do that. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭Rips

Minor breakdown and related issues resulted in me not arriving home until 3am yesterday. Cat was home alone and I knew he'd be wondering where I was and probably getting into mischief. Luckily I had fed him a little earlier then usual because I knew there was a chance I'd be home late.

Opened the front door to an assortment of toys in the hallway. His soft toy, a few balls, a toilet roll, a cloth shopping bag and his fishing rod (which at this stage only has a plastic milk carton tab on the end)
    This is a totally new thing.

Got into bed.
    Food dancing (despite having had both his normal feeds)
    Had to give in, get up and feed him. (Terrible owner :o)
    Get back into bed.
    He's been to the toilet and now he's running up and down like he is possessed.
    THUMP. Lands onto the bed with his fishing rod.
    Little face on him.
    Oh ok, just one game then.

Cat love!

I love how, even though he has to bring me his toys to make me play with him, he's gives it all the big pretence like he's after something real. Its just so silly. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

I couldn't pick out one thing that defines how much I love my cats (Though I do think I started a thread similar to this years ago!), but right now the thing that makes me happiest is the Pavlovian response that Dude has to the sound of his bag of Dreamies being rattled. The second he hears me with the treats he comes out from wherever he is, whether that be somewhere in the house or outside, and walks straight into his crate for the night! All I have to do it shake the bag and he gets so excited! Even in the morning when I let him out of his crate if I shake the bag, he's straight back in again! It's hilarious :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Ahhh, the power of dreamies (aka kitty crack)

It's over a year since we got dreamies for ours, and daughter came home with a packet last night, Toby sat and begged in front of her until she opened them, he waves his paws in the air, it's so funny, he has a serious addiction so we keep them for special occasions (worm tablet last night, got it into him no problem with the promise of dreamies.

Jake is 14 and still gives high fives and purrs like a train.
    Toby loves us to death when he's hungry, is a grumpy sod once fed.
    Ruby shouts at us until we pick her up and hug her several times a day.
    Arabella (Mrs figg) likes to wake you up by bouncing around the bed looking for cuddles, and flicks her amazingly fluffy tail in your face.
    All of them love catnip and the antics of cats under the influence is hilarious!

mymo wrote: »
    All of them love catnip and the antics of cats under the influence is hilarious!

Much as I feel like Im asking for something illegal - what catnip do you use and where do you get it?

I got a bag in TKMaxx a couple of years ago and Maisey LOVED it - she was really funny when she had it.

But since then she hasnt seemed as affected so maybe the stuff Ive been getting hasnt been as good?

MrWalsh wrote: »
    Much as I feel like Im asking for something illegal - what catnip do you use and where do you get it?

I got a bag in TKMaxx a couple of years ago and Maisey LOVED it - she was really funny when she had it.

But since then she hasnt seemed as affected so maybe the stuff Ive been getting hasnt been as good?

The Yeowww stuff is the best I've found, our cats love it, especially the Pollock fish toys. They kick them, throw them around, sleep on them and they take a battering.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=yeowww&tag=googhydr-21&index=pets&hvadid=33180492590&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=&

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

I buy the big jars of kong catnip, mine love that one, the jar is handy for putting toys in to freshen up the catnip smell. I get it on amazon also, it's usually less than €5 but the exchange rate is awful at the moment, get it from Amazon (as the seller) and only if you are ordering other stuff as the delivery cost is huge unless you spend over €25, then it's free.

Thanks guys for the catnip hook up ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Shivi111

I have a new reason for loving my two, we had a pretty impressive situation yesterday.
    Mori (the big cat) came running into the house yapping and meowing at me, he kept running in and out, very frantic, making lots of noise.
    I went with him to see what was upsetting him and found Loki (the little cat) choking in the garden, she had found one of those fat things people put out for the birds and it was lodged in her mouth. Got it out and she was absolutely fine, but I'm seriously impressed with Mori for alerting me to the situation! Clever boy, he does love his Loki! :)

Advertisement