Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Online SEO Review Sites

• 11-05-2015 4:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,626 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Guys..
    I sometimes pop my website into SEO review tools online to see how they compare it..

Are there any that people feel are accurate representations of the success of a website SEO.. Free preferably

The website has made its way from page 10/11 to page 2 over time, obviously I'd like page 1 but there are some players with deep pockets to contend with.

cheers..

http://seositecheckup.com/ is one I use.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 popart studio

Lately I spend most time on this two websites which are great and provides detailed info about things that should be fixed or in which direction SEO should be done (Free).

1. A hrefs - https: //ahrefs.com/site-explorer/overview/exact?target=
    2. Moz OSE - https: //moz.com/researchtools/ose/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭PaulPinnacle

The first caveat would be that using automated tools isn't in any way a substitution for learning SEO yourself and applying those skills learned to your site (or hiring an experienced professional that actually knows what they're doing - though they are hard enough to find at times).
    The tools are there to help automate certain tasks and speed up gathering the figures for certain metrics, they aren't an SEO audit and don't spit out an SEO strategy when you feed a site into them.

Having said that, some tools do a terrific job of gathering the data you will need to make informed decisions.

Ahrefs and OSE which have been mentioned already are both handy when reviewing backlink profiles (I'd also throw in the Moz toolbar that's a super tool when you're reviewing competitor sites in various SERPs or just want a quick glance at some onpage factors while browsing around).

You can't do any type of an SEO audit without crawling the site, so for that you'd be looking at a tool like Screaming Frog SEO spider (which is free for sites with less than 500 pages, so a great choice if you're just starting out building your site up).

One of the newer tools that is growing rapidly and provides excellent technical information to work from (along with relatively detailed guidance on why changes are being suggested as well as how to make those changes) is OnPage.org. If I had to suggest a 'single' tool to anyone just dipping their toe into SEO at the moment this would probably be the one (though all of them mentioned are vital tools, OnPage just does a super job at breaking down the on page factors into easily explained sections).

So the TL;DR. Ignore any 'scores' or 'overall assessments' various sites might throw out there. They're meaningless and based on blackbox algorithms that have nothing to do with how google will view your site.
    Find a combination of tools that provide you with the metrics you need to improve your site. If you're focusing on a specific area, whether that's your site architecture or improving your backlink profile, identify the best tool(s) (never depend on a single one if you can use multiple to get a complete picture) and use them to gather the metrics and information you need. Spend some time getting to understand what those numbers mean and why they're important. Then use them to make data driven decisions that you understand the reasoning of. Once you've completed one area, move onto the next.

When you finally do return to an area you've already done in detail once, you'll be able to get actionable information quickly from the tools you've been using and soon you'll have built up a set rotation of tools that cover all elements of your site.

So don't worry about the specific tools, just think about how you're going to improve a specific area of your site and if there's a tool that might be able to assist you.

Advertisement