Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DPD the worst...???

• 11-05-2015 4:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭

Had a delivery taken from outside the house last week...driver "swears" he left it at the front door..:rolleyes:...Depot says its his problem ..DPD main office say i have to tell the sender to put in a claim....its a fcukin nightmare if i'm honest..
    Every time i rang each said "we'll get back to you".."we're looking into it" none did, I had to keep ringing....
    Anyone else have to go through this sh!t...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,524 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Complain to the company which sent you the goods, they're the DPD customer, not you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

coylemj wrote: »
    Complain to the company which sent you the goods, they're the DPD customer, not you.

Just got a refund...:)...Dont have an issue with them, its the shoddy way i was treated by DPD.....in fact, treated would indicate they dealt with my problem, but they didnt...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,524 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Just got a refund...:)...Dont have an issue with them, its the shoddy way i was treated by DPD.....in fact, treated would indicate they dealt with my problem, but they didnt...

Actually you did have an issue with them - they employed an incompetent courier and it's up to you to let them know so they use a reputable firm in the future.

If customers put up with that type of service, mail order firms will continue the race to the bottom and employ firms who quote the least per delivery which means that they inevitably take start taking shorts cuts as happened with you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 90 ✭✭johnj1969

This went on from yesterday until 11am this morning.
    DPD driver said there was no answer from my 'old' phone no., instead of saying the phone is completely disconnected on tracking.
    Then they said the driver sat outside my house, rang same number, while not even attempting to knock on my door.
    Then i rang the manager back they said they don't actually deliver to my area which is absolute crap.
    The driver was obviously put out by delivering my parcel.

I have taken delivery from DPD on a few occasions over the years.

So after all their bullcrap they told me it would be 'sometime' this-morning, Friday, but could not give me any inclination of a time.
    Really nasty and awkward to talk to on phone. He was a foreign man, Chinese accent.
    So I said to hell with it, the depot is 2.5miles away so i'll pick it up myself but after I called that no. there was no answer...
    Just to point out I am not confrontational to deal with.

So called back and the driver asked me to go to my local church...so I went around no sign of a DPD or delivery van.
    Called him back and told him so I got around him to drive another 500yards and no sign. He said I couldn't be looking out because he was at my corner (he knew where my corner was?) I said I could not see him.
    Then I said wait is that you in the little blue Suzuki like mini hatch? as I was looking out for a DPD-van or a van!!! It was him.
    He got out, nobody around in sight, ran over to me like he was being chased by the devil, threw the parcel to me, ran back to his car. I have never seen so much unwarranted hysteria and TBH it looked false.

DPD NEVER AGAIN and i will tell as many as I can about this complete nonsense. 20 years getting gear delivered and because DPD are employing people that don't carry sat-navs, phone maps or know where they are, I have experienced a nightmare that would put off the most easy going people getting A delivery from a courier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,301 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Yet again i ask where is the rip off?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 90 ✭✭johnj1969

Yet again i ask where is the rip off?
    Maybe your scouring threads looking for some sort of social justice. But I posted this grievance in the "DPD...The worst..." thread. I am not OK paying £35 gbp for a 4kg parcel to be made a complete idiot of and being on the other end of somebody totally inept and downright nasty too on the other end of the phone.
    Now I don't know if my answer will be enough for your concern, as you seem to be looking for evidence of a certain example of a 'rip off'.
    So you seem to think that me going out of my way to meet what I thought was a delivery van and not being told he was in a car while not answering the phone until I drove back home again, was not a valid reason to complain?.
    This was only part of the story in which I had a paid contract with a delivery Co, to bring a parcel from A to B.
    If you are still going to ask but where is the 'rip-off'? I will say to you that a 'rip-off' can occur in a lot of different ways. Did i mention 'rip-off' in the post? - No. But as I said I answered the "DPD... sub part of this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,301 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

johnj1969 wrote: »
    Maybe your scouring threads looking for some sort of social justice. But I posted this grievance in the "DPD...The worst..." thread. I am not OK paying £35 gbp for a 4kg parcel to be made a complete idiot of and being on the other end of somebody totally inept and downright nasty too on the other end of the phone.
    Now I don't know if my answer will be enough for your concern, as you seem to be looking for evidence of a certain example of a 'rip off'.
    So you seem to think that me going out of my way to meet what I thought was a delivery van and not being told he was in a car while not answering the phone until I drove back home again, was not a valid reason to complain?.
    This was only part of the story in which I had a paid contract with a delivery Co, to bring a parcel from A to B.
    If you are still going to ask but where is the 'rip-off'? I will say to you that a 'rip-off' can occur in a lot of different ways. Did i mention 'rip-off' in the post? - No. But as I said I answered the "DPD... sub part of this thread.
    Relax. You're in the 'Rip Off Ireland' Forum, your rant would be more appropriate in the Best/Worst Customer Service thread in Consumer Issues.

Advertisement