Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing my graduation.

Options
  • 11-05-2015 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭

So I'll (hopefully) be finished my third level arts degree at the end of this month when my exams are over, and I'm leaving in July to work in Australia for the next year or two. I'm not very fussed about this degree to be quite honest as I'm planning on doing a Professional Masters in Primary Education in the future, so as long as I get an honours I'm happy.
    My only worry is that I'll be missing my graduation at the end of this year. Do people think this is bad? Obviously its a redundant question now that I'm set on leaving, but I have a lot of friends saying its something I shouldnt miss, but I just see it as a piece of paper and I'd be much happier in Australia (where my boyfriend lives I might ad).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Throwaway3754

No it's not bad. Realistically there'll be (at least) a thousand students there, if it's arts and that's even with loads missing. There's plenty of people who don't go to their graduation, it's not a big deal. They'll just send your certificate out in the post and that's that :)

Advertisement