Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any of ye know about the company ALISON?

Options
  • 11-05-2015 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I've been researching it for a good while now as a place to work. (Jeez I hope this doesn't sound like some weird marketing attempt or something, it's not)

I'm just wondering if anyone here has any opinion on working there, what it's like, what the culture there is like, that sort of thing.

Bit of a long shot, I know. I'm not expecting much by way of answers tbh!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 MiddleOne

I worked there for a while a few years ago. Staff turnover is very high. I found the boss very demanding and not at all personable. Many staff were either in on student placements or there under a year. Maybe it's changed since. I wouldn't work there again.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,957 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Was originally venture-capital funded, but I guess that's run out. Interesting business model. Even when they had the venture capital, they had lots of unpaid interns. Check that it's a paying position before proceeding. There are better - and worse - places to work

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Guile704

Hmmm interesting, glad I made the thread. Any more experiences/opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Pistachio

Like MiddleOne said, staff turnover very high, possibly due to low pay and not great conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Galwayps

Worked there over 7 years ago.Low pay and high turnover of staff at all levels.
    Good experience though but would not go back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Guile704

How long was he keeping ye on before cutting ye loose typically, a few months?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭kissmequick

They seem to advertise for Admin. Staff on a fairly-worryingly regular basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 MiddleOne

They seem to advertise for Admin. Staff on a fairly-worryingly regular basis.

They always seem to be advertising for marketing & SEO staff too.

Advertisement