If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shipping for wharfedale diamond 9.0?

Options
  • 11-05-2015 7:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭

Hi. I'm looking to buy a pair of Wharfedale diamond 9.0 soon but I'm having huge issues getting them at a reasonable price. 

The best I can find is on amazon but it's coming to over €150 with shipping etc which is waaay too much imo.

I see them for sale on the richersounds belfast website for a great price yet they're not available for shipping. Is this rule set in stone or is there any flexibility with shipping items? I'd gladly pay extra for the shipping considering the affordable price you sell them at. 

cheers! 

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

ngcxt6 wrote: »
    Hi. I'm looking to buy a pair of Wharfedale diamond 9.0 soon but I'm having huge issues getting them at a reasonable price. 

The best I can find is on amazon but it's coming to over €150 with shipping etc which is waaay too much imo.

I see them for sale on the richersounds belfast website for a great price yet they're not available for shipping. Is this rule set in stone or is there any flexibility with shipping items? I'd gladly pay extra for the shipping considering the affordable price you sell them at. 

cheers! 
    Hi NGCXT6.

Unfortunately in store items are determined by our head office in London and it covers all the Richersounds stores.

Sometimes we do try to bend the rules for Boardies when we can but on these it is not possible.

You could have a look at the Mordaunt Short M10 speakers coming in at 69.99 Euro (Inc shipping)
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200629-m10.aspx

Let me know what you think.

Any questions just ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭ngcxt6

cheers! 
    Hi NGCXT6.

Unfortunately in store items are determined by our head office in London and it covers all the Richersounds stores.

Sometimes we do try to bend the rules for Boardies when we can but on these it is not possible.

You could have a look at the Mordaunt Short M10 speakers coming in at 69.99 Euro (Inc shipping)

Any questions just ask.
    Looks like my next best option, not that I have much choice! It's for my pioneer a-10-k 50w stereo amp, so i hope it's suitable. Will most likely get these once I consider it for a bit, thanks. 

cheers! 
    Hi NGCXT6.

Any questions just ask.
    Looks like my next best option, not that I have much choice! It's for my pioneer a-10-k 50w stereo amp, so i hope it's suitable. Will most likely get these once I consider it for a bit, thanks. 
    Hi NGCXT6.

Yip they would run along with your A10 for you no problems at all.

If you could perhaps push to the Tannoy's at 139.99 Euro
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-12642-mercury-v1.aspx

Or the M20's at 149.99 Euro
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200630-m20.aspx

You would have a great sounding little setup.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

...To be honest the M10 are all around probably a better sounding speaker - especially if you are interested in detail - the M10 has a decent cabinet which is made out of MDF as opposed to standard chipboard which is what the Diamonds use - they are far less resonant ..

If you wanted to try the M10's they are great value at just €69.99 as the euro price includes shipping - they are actually cheaper to purchase in yoyo than GBP

Thanks again and keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

cheers all. went ahead and just bought the m10 now. Thanks for the help and advice. 

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

Thanks for the order ngcxt6

I've got it processed, and shipping this afternoon.
    Should hopefully arrive with you Monday - will PM you tracking details

Any problems PM me or give me a call

Brian  - 0044333 900 0070 opt 2

Hi. Are the m10 supposed to come with connection cables and wiring? I got them today but there was none inside which was unexpected. 

Hi. Are the m10 supposed to come with connection cables and wiring? I got them today but there was none inside which was unexpected. 
    Hi, sorry for the inconvenience no bookshelf or floorstanding speakers come with cable

Regards Stephen

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience no bookshelf or floorstanding speakers come with cable

Regards Stephen
    grand thanks, just making sure. My first system so I wasnt sure if they did or not. 

Regards Stephen
    grand thanks, just making sure. My first system so I wasnt sure if they did or not. 
    Hi NGCXT6.

Just a little post as I was off for a few days there.

Did you get sorted with some cable for the speakers?

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.