Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social care

Options
  • 11-05-2015 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I am looking to branch into the area of social care.

I currently hold a level 8 degree but it is not In the area of social science. Ideally I am looking for a postgraduate course and part time or online as I work full time hours at the moment.

I have found a course in Carlow IT. It's a H Dip in Applied Social Science. I am just wondering if anyone can recommend this course or suggest alternatives.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 thelonelyhour

Hello. Seeing as there's no Social Care Masters and the fact that you have an undergraduate degree, the Level 8 Higher Diploma seems like a good option, tbh. I'm a Social Care graduate myself. I completed a Diploma in a specific area of Social Care after my degree. The course was part-time run over an academic year. Found it very do-able managing work as well.

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭gmarty

Lucylou88 wrote: »
    Hi,

I am looking to branch into the area of social care.

I currently hold a level 8 degree but it is not In the area of social science. Ideally I am looking for a postgraduate course and part time or online as I work full time hours at the moment.

I have found a course in Carlow IT. It's a H Dip in Applied Social Science. I am just wondering if anyone can recommend this course or suggest alternatives.

Hi Lucy,

Check out the Open Training College, they are based in goatstown in dublin. They run a level 8 Hons degree in social care and 100% online, but it's specifically in Disability Sector. Hope this helps

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 cobblers007

Worked for 2 years for Nua Healthcare and in last year treated like dirt by management in house in Allenwood in kildare, complained to human resources in Naas and got no where infact got talked down to, Safeguarding gone out the window with this company, Eventually left and love my new job, At last i get proper rates and actually paid on time, With nua rota constantly changes at drop of a hat with no notice, To many inexpierenced staff working in houses , Human resources dont care where they put new staff they are only a number...AVOID AVOID AVOID..

Advertisement