Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dry/greasy skin

Options
  • 11-05-2015 7:25pm

Hey guys, can anyone please recommend a skincare routine/products for skin that gets greasy too easily (if a heavy moisturiser is used) but flakes and gets dry very, very easily? I'm on a budget too. I've tried being more gentle with my skin, but if I don't wash it with a facecloth to exfoliate, the dry skin doesn't come off and it, and the grease, only get worse.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Hey guys, can anyone please recommend a skincare routine/products for skin that gets greasy too easily (if a heavy moisturiser is used) but flakes and gets dry very, very easily? I'm on a budget too. I've tried being more gentle with my skin, but if I don't wash it with a facecloth to exfoliate, the dry skin doesn't come off and it, and the grease, only get worse.

I have the same complaint as you and find it difficult to get a product that gives a good balance.

ratmouse wrote: »
    I have the same complaint as you and find it difficult to get a product that gives a good balance.

At the moment I use Clean&Clear dual action, it works great but only for a few hours. Because it's very light but the alcohol in it eventually dries the skin out. I don't know if you're like me that you cannot use moisturiser on fully dry skin, because it makes it greasy? I can only moisturise after washing my face, and when I say washing, I mean exfoliating and rinsing properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,467 ✭✭✭✭fits

I have same problem. Apparently you need a hydrating cream rather than an oily cream. If you go to a skincare counter they should be able to guide you to the right product. At moment I am using a serum and then a normal sensitive moisturiser (nivea or something) but I have my eye on this one. http://www.sephora.com/hydrating-face-cream-P270543

go easy on the exfoliating!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

It sounds like we're very similar OP! I have dehydrated skin that's combination/oily and yours sounds similar to the state of mine sometimes. I'd recommend products for dehydrated rather than dry skin, they tend to be a lighter consistency that shouldn't feel heavy or greasy on your face. I'm using a La Roche Posay serum at the moment (before my moisturiser) called Hydraphase Intense Serum & find it very good. I'm still trying to find a moisturiser to suit properly though, my current one doesn't seem to be hydrating enough I think.

ShazGV wrote: »
    It sounds like we're very similar OP! I have dehydrated skin that's combination/oily and yours sounds similar to the state of mine sometimes. I'd recommend products for dehydrated rather than dry skin, they tend to be a lighter consistency that shouldn't feel heavy or greasy on your face. I'm using a La Roche Posay serum at the moment (before my moisturiser) called Hydraphase Intense Serum & find it very good. I'm still trying to find a moisturiser to suit properly though, my current one doesn't seem to be hydrating enough I think.

That sounds good and might be worth a shot.

• Advertisement

At the moment I use Clean&Clear dual action, it works great but only for a few hours. Because it's very light but the alcohol in it eventually dries the skin out. I don't know if you're like me that you cannot use moisturiser on fully dry skin, because it makes it greasy? I can only moisturise after washing my face, and when I say washing, I mean exfoliating and rinsing properly.

I'm the same. I can only moisture after properly washing my face. And even once I moisturise, parts of my nose and forehead remain really try. Yet, if I over moisturise these areas, they'll be the greasiest part of my skin within a few hours. Definitely going to look into the recommendations others have made though. Worth a try!

Advertisement