Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tenants Obligation Once Notice Period is Served

Options
  • 11-05-2015 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hi All,

I just had a query on what a tenants obligations are when they've been served notice.

I am considering issuing notice to a tenant to allow me to sell a property. Due to the amount of time they have been living in the property they are due 56 days notice.

My question is, once the notice is served is the tenant obliged to pay up to the final date, or could they potentially end the tenancy earlier than the specified date?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭xxtippchickxx

ChadHogan wrote: »
    Hi All,

I just had a query on what a tenants obligations are when they've been served notice.

I am considering issuing notice to a tenant to allow me to sell a property. Due to the amount of time they have been living in the property they are due 56 days notice.

My question is, once the notice is served is the tenant obliged to pay up to the final date, or could they potentially end the tenancy earlier than the specified date?

Well if you have an intention to sell serve them the 56days and if they find something in the maintime and they have been good tenants let them go,if they have a lease your breaking end it on good terms, maybe contact the estate agent that you are planning on handing the property over to or the PRTB that you should have them registered with for advice

Advertisement