Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

quickly transfer contacts from iphone 5s to windows phone?

• 11-05-2015 8:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,793 ✭✭✭

i need to temporarily transfer contacts from an iphone 5s to a windows phone - what's the quickest easiest way to do this? I had assumed i could copy from phone to sim, but don't think that is possible.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Probably through iCloud. I think windows supports iCloud as a contacts backup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,793 ✭✭✭ablelocks

icloud is the quickist and easiest.

but only after you download icloud for windows, discover you don't have enough disk space, delete a load of ****e off your pc, redownload icloud for windows, install, discover you still don't have enough ****e removed, run ccleaner, wake up the next morning, reboot, reinstall, wait, wait some more, get the all clear, go to windows phone, select icloud and contacts magically appear. travel to belfast to replace the iphone while wife goes to three to get a microsim to replace the nano sim and for some reason the windows phone doesn't recognise sim so she gets a cheapass nokia prepay ruling out all the previous evening and morning work to get the contacts transferred.

then the next day drop your own phone and smash the screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

ablelocks wrote: »
    icloud is the quickist and easiest.

but only after you download icloud for windows, discover you don't have enough disk space, delete a load of ****e off your pc, redownload icloud for windows, install, discover you still don't have enough ****e removed, run ccleaner, wake up the next morning, reboot, reinstall, wait, wait some more, get the all clear, go to windows phone, select icloud and contacts magically appear. travel to belfast to replace the iphone while wife goes to three to get a microsim to replace the nano sim and for some reason the windows phone doesn't recognise sim so she gets a cheapass nokia prepay ruling out all the previous evening and morning work to get the contacts transferred.

then the next day drop your own phone and smash the screen.

I know windows is bad but who doesn't have terabytes of storage in this day and age?!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,793 ✭✭✭ablelocks

I know windows is bad but who doesn't have terabytes of storage in this day and age?!?

that was the cause, in a roundabout way! I have unlimited onedrive. I copied most of the folders to onedrive, but forgot to set it to online only so onedrive created an offline folder with the same documents and filled up the hard-drive. (It's a 10 year old pc so hard-drive is only a 500gb)

Advertisement