Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shopping Center and Beach

• 11-05-2015 8:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Planning to visit Limerick city over the weekend. Wondering if anyone can recommend shopping mall (where there is Zara, H&M, Pull&Bear) and a beach nearby, please?

Many thanks,
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,240 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

How close to the Beach do you need ?
    Might help to narrow it down a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Like within 30 min of drive from Limerick city. However, if you know any better beach which is farther, then I could even drive for another 1 hour.

And please let me know about the shopping center too.
    mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    How close to the Beach do you need ?
    Might help to narrow it down a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,240 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Crescent Shopping Centre.
    Lahinch in Co .Clare is one of the nearest Beaches.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Like within 30 min of drive from Limerick city. However, if you know any better beach which is farther, then I could even drive for another 1 hour.

And please let me know about the shopping center too.

Crescent Shopping Centre is your best bet for shopping, but I'm pretty sure they don't have a Pull & Bear.

Also, have you seen Limerick City on a map? We're at least an hour's drive from the closest beaches in Clare and Kerry (and that's if you're lucky with traffic!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Hooked

Hi,

Planning to visit Limerick city over the weekend. Wondering if anyone can recommend shopping mall (where there is Zara, H&M, Pull&Bear) and a beach nearby, please?

Many thanks,
    Cheers

Could you stretch to describing Kilaloe as a 'beach'?

• Advertisement

Ah I see, so the closest beach would be in Clare...Well, its about 72 km so I would give it a try.

Thanks for suggesting Crescent Shopping Centre. Any other good attraction in Limerick, which could be covered in a day trip?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Ah I see, so the closest beach would be in Clare...Well, its about 72 km so I would give it a try.

Thanks for suggesting Crescent Shopping Centre. Any other good attraction in Limerick, which could be covered in a day trip?

Killaloe is not in Limerick but is only 30 minutes away on the Tipp/Clare border and a very scenic spot on a sunny day. I recommend you go there for lunch as there are loads of eating options there!

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

Get to the market if you are there on Saturday morning!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

You could fly down the N69 past Foynes to Ballybunion beach. It's a lovely drive. Just watch those Kerry roads once you cross the border.
    10k more, the drive is way more interesting and beach is nicer too.

how many minutes drive would it be from Limerick city please? sounds interesting to me.
    thanks everyone for the feedback
    You could fly down the N69 past Foynes to Ballybunion beach. It's a lovely drive. Just watch those Kerry roads once you cross the border.
    10k more, the drive is way more interesting and beach is nicer too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

how many minutes drive would it be from Limerick city please? sounds interesting to me.
    thanks everyone for the feedback
    Both Balllybunion and Kilkee are 1:25 away according to google maps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Jofspring

You make Kilkee now in 50-60 minutes taking it handy enough. Spanish point and Lahinch similar. Wouldn't know about Ballybunion to be honest.

Will cover Co. Kerry some other time. Will keep it to Co. Clare for this time.

Will see Spanish point vs Lahinch this time. Which one is a better spot? Or any other suggestion which is an hour drive from Limerick?
    How is The Loop Head peninsula?

Kilkee is a bit farther, according to maps is 1:20 hours. So will skip Kilkee as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Hooked

Will see Spanish point vs Lahinch this time. Which one is a better spot? Or any other suggestion which is an hour drive from Limerick?

Kilkee is a bit farther, according to maps is 1:20 hours. So will skip Kilkee as well.

Lahinch for me. And why not take a spin up to the cliffs of moher after it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Limerick to Kilkee beautiful beach and Swimming pool (via Ennis and Kilrush) 1.10 mins
    Kilkee - Doonbeg - Spanish Point (nothing there, except if you want to stop at the Bridge hotel or the Armada Hotel for a bite to eat) - Lahinch - 30-40 mins.
    Lahinch - lovely beach to walk when the tides out. When it's in, you can walk the prom or take the kids into the aquarium and swimming pool.
    Lahinch-Lisdoonvarna-Cliffs Of Moher (expensive spot)20 mins.
    Cliffs Of Moher - Aillwee Caves in Ballyvaughan - 35 mins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

if you wanted to you could go to kilkee via the Tarbert-Killimer Ferry. take in the foynes flying boat museum on the way

Advertisement