Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stone Mad VS Marathon des escargot

Options
  • 11-05-2015 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone can provide feedback on either of these events. Both are on the same day so just want to compare and choose one!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Stone Mad is a 2 day event with both day greater than marathon distance. Day one is very flat along the river- 60 odd kilometres, Day 2 is 53k approx over Mt Leinster. Don't know much about the other event other than it's a half and full marathon.
    I did the 2nd Day of Stone Mad. Really enjoyable, would recommend it no problem. Small, well run and friendly event.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Oisin11178

Marathon des escargots is flat as a pancake. All money goes to a great cause. Well organised and marshalled. Their is an option to do a back to back with a directors marathon the day before the main 1. Id highly recommend it. Deffo a pb course.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Vico1612

My wife did Stone Mad last year - half on 1st day and full on 2nd day.
    She really enjoyed it - really well organized and a great atmosphere.

I know a guy who did the ultra on both days and he only had positives about the experience - even though the 1st day by the river was a little monotonous.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

I'd echo was Oisin said about Escargots. I did it last year and it was really well organised. The guys running it are passionate about raising money for their charities but that doesn't make it feel cheap. Lovely medal last year and this year's is deadly too. I got a massive pb at it too, in case you're interested in setting a new record.

And sure you could do Day 2 of Stone Mad if you're really intent on not missing it ;)

Advertisement