Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Repeating year free on medical grounds

• 11-05-2015 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

Does anyone know anything about repeating the year on medical grounds.

Could I sit the exams in August and if I fail then apply to repeat the year free on medical grounds with all my documents?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

You'll have to pay half the repeat fee, plus the €224 student levy. You also won't get a grant. I'm repeating this year on medical grounds

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭MrSzyslak

You'll have to pay half the repeat fee, plus the €224 student levy. You also won't get a grant. I'm repeating this year on medical grounds

Thanks the info,

Did you have to apply to SUSI or was it just through the college?

So total fee was 912 + 224 = 1136 this correct..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭Celestial12

I didn't realise you had to pay half the repeat fee, I thought it was just the student levy. Best of luck anyway. :)

I didn't realise you had to pay half the repeat fee, I thought it was just the student levy. Best of luck anyway. :)

According to the site you only have to pay the Levy. Maybe it depends on the circumstances.

This was through the college. I had to pay €800 + €224. The repeat fee is €1600, the student levy is €224.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

this might seem like a very random question, but did you apply for a grant through susi ? i seen on their website they can issue grants in repeats years in exceptional circumstances. obviously you must have had some good reason to be allowed repeat a year on medical grounds, just wondering if you applied for the grant at all and was told no

Yup, I applied, was told no, appealed, was told that because I paid the college to repeat I wasn't entitled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Yup, I applied, was told no, appealed, was told that because I paid the college to repeat I wasn't entitled.

Well that's sh1t. Never had my hopes up for it, but it would be so nice. Thanks

This was through the college. I had to pay €800 + €224. The repeat fee is €1600, the student levy is €224.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 47 mademoiselle_r

I appealed on medical grounds and got a small grant. I think it depends on your circumstances financially etc. and I left the year at a very early date so it wasn't gone past *some important date for de-registering* or something.

sorry i can't be more helpful... i sort of forget between all the forms. But do apply to SUSI for the grant and you never know what could happen.

• Advertisement
Advertisement