Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trout Growth.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I used to fish pools and you would always bring home a trout or two.

You take a trout or two (presumably mature enough to be legal) every time, your brother does likewise, and every other angler on the river....

Mink are the least of your worries, I suspect.

As fret_wimp2 says, there are many factors.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭Markcheese

"I note however from your username, and other posts in this forum you have already decided that mink are to blame and are just looking for backup. You wont get it from reasonable people."

I dunno- never heard anyone in Ireland complain about someone getting rid of mink - the less of them the better I reckon -

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

Markcheese wrote: »
    "I note however from your username, and other posts in this forum you have already decided that mink are to blame and are just looking for backup. You wont get it from reasonable people."

I dunno- never heard anyone in Ireland complain about someone getting rid of mink - the less of them the better I reckon -

Whats the logic behind that statement?
    is there a genuine reason for this or just the standard "they carry TB" or "they go for your juggular" or other nonsense.

Kill Badgers, they have TB, Kill foxes, they destroy the sheep population, poison birds of prey because who knows, kill Mink, they "<insert made up reason to kill them here>.

People in this country are super quick to look for an easy blame. some one/thing is a cause. kill it is the usual response, with zero research or actual proof. its mob rule. its a joke as we are considered the green Isle, but if left to our own devices we will have nothing but fields of cattle, sheep and zero wildlife, zero Forrest, zero trees, zero bogland etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Mink are an alien species that have a huge detrimental affect on Irish wildlife. They have wiped out ground nesting birds in many areas. They certainly are vermin and need to be removed.

Badgers are native and the comparison does not hold.

The impact of Mink , to keep to the angling topic, on wild trout is marginal however.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭Markcheese

^^ + 1
    Although I'd pretty much put badger baiters and bird of prey poisoners in the same group as mink -

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Mod. I think the issue has been comprehensively covered. Minktrapper, do not start another thread about mink in the angling forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement