Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Giro d'Italia 2015 Stage 4 Chiavari - La Spezia

• 11-05-2015 10:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭

Images & all that high tech stuff are beyond me so linking to CyclingQuotes preview: http://cyclingquotes.com/news/2015_giro_ditalia_stage_4_preview/

Apparently not long but very lumpy, Ardennes type day in the saddle. 3 strong favourites, the Aussies Matthews & Gerrans &, flying the flag for Europe, Philippe Gilbert.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

Good news on the Pozzovivo health front. “I’m ok but it was a very heavy fall. I don’t remember what happened because I fell.”

Dr. Paolo Moscatelli, the head of the accident and emergency unit at San Martino hospital, said that Pozzovivo had not suffered any fractures in the incident, although the cut above his eye was a deep one that had required the extraction of dirt and pebbles from road.

“It was a long night and I even made some plans for the future,” said Pozzovivo. “I was in the best condition of my life and I’m thinking about returning at the Tour de Suisse and being competitive.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Entire stage is on the box today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

tappa_dettagli_tecnici_altimetria_04.jpg?v=20150415150608

TB2nAkf.png

zuLhrey.png

Not sure the top GC guys will be tempted as the breakaway might bag this one, but I'm guessing Contador will find it hard not to suppress his race instincts !
    /Mathews/Gilbert/Aru or Conti FTW to spruce up my velogames :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

A lot of riders are desperate to get into the breakaway. A nice bit of action early on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I do love these short races. Not a thing wrong with sub 150km stages for me.

• Advertisement

I'm starting to get annoyed when Rob Hatch mentions Franco Pelizotti's previous doping offences in such a nonchalant manner, stating that he 'had a run-in with the UCI' and he got a 'slap on the wrist' etc.

If he is going to mention it, he should state that Pelizotti got a two-year ban for Biological Passport violations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭death1234567

I do love these short races. Not a thing wrong with sub 150km stages for me.
    Yep they are great. A 3 week stage race should have room for all sorts of different stages. Also the shorter stages take less out of the riders so they aren't as likely to need artificial assistance to recover. In past there was far too much focus on making every tour the longest tour ever.

These time gaps don't seem to reliable......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭MPFG

Fascinating stage so far ...Hope Kreuziger stays away cos it will prove very interesting in future stages

Agree re Hatch & doping comments ...No Rob he was NOT being a naughty boy ..he was a doping cheat

I'm away from screens again today so any and all updates are appreciated :)

• Advertisement

Tinkoff chasing Kreuzinger.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Inquitus wrote: »
    Tinkoff chasing Kreuzinger.......

I dont think they'll be killing themselves, but will try control the tempo.

Pudsy33 wrote: »

If he took big time today hes probably the best GC rider out front right now, and with 20 riders in the break if it comes together there's every chance this stays away and takes minutes.

Pudsy33 wrote: »

They are chasing alright otherwise the smart thing to do would be to let EQS , SKY & Astana chase

So Bertie must be worried

MPFG wrote: »
    They are chasing alright otherwise the smart thing to do would be to let EQS , SKY & Astana chase

Sky have 2 in the front group can't see them chasing here.

MPFG wrote: »

Kreuziger and co have joined the front group. He could gain 6 or 7 mins today.

SKY would have to chase Kreuziger for GC ....both SKY riders are not viable GC contenders but Kreuziger is

Anyway its fascinating racing ...bet there is some commotion in DS cars

Like I said yesterday, the few minutes I've managed to see of the Giro so far, every time I see Tinkoff Saxo driving pretty hard at the front. But today I turn on to see them saying Kreuziger is joining a dangerous break up the road so that'll not be the case now. Eh . . . no, there are the men in yellow leading the chase from behind.

There's a few people in the break can win the Giro if they take several minutes.

Davide Formolo (Cannondale-Garmin), Tom Danielson (Cannondale-Garmin), Franco Pellizotti (Androni Giocattoli), Simon Clarke (Orica-GreenEdge), Amaël Moinard (BMC), Andrey Zeits (Astana), Arnaud Courteille (FDJ), Simon Clarke (Orica-GreenEdge), Chad Haga (Giant-Alpecin), Matteo Montaguti (AG2R-La Mondiale), Martijn Keizer (LottoNL-Jumbo), Sonny Colbrelli (Bardiani-CSF), Mauro Finetto (Southeast), Tsgabu Grmay (Lampre-Merida), Andrey Amador (Movistar), Yonathan Mosalve (Southeast). Roman Kreuziger (Tinkoff-Saxo), Darwin Atapuma (BMC), Davide Malacarne (Astana), Eduard Michael Grosu (Nippo-Vini Fantini), Salvatore Puccio (Team Sky), Kanstantsin Siutsou (Team Sky), Esteban Chaves (Orica-GreenEdge), Sylvester Szmyd (CCC Sprandi), Simone Stortoni (Androni Giocattoli), Pavel Kochetkov (Katusha), Pieter Weening (Orica-GreenEdge), Eduardo Zardini (Bardiani CSF) and Maxime Monfort (Lotto-Soudal).

• Advertisement

But why should SaxoT be doing the work? Am I right in saying of all those riders in the break, Kreuziger would be by far the most established in terms of riding 3 week GTs?

The Movistar lads are really trying to shake things up.

Interesting to see Kochetkov there again, he could be the new Zakarin.

Hope Grmay gets something out of this, such a nice guy.

Interesting to see Kochetkov there again, he could be the new Zakarin.

Hope Grmay gets something out of this, such a nice guy.

I sincerely hope he is not the new Zakarin..

They are pissing away their advantage here messing with 65km to go.

Mental Tinkov tactics ....Oleg must have read cycling tactics for dummies before he took over in the car

Sky not looking too strong ...where is Porte

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

Poor Michael Matthews looked very lonely going up that climb

Left in peloton

"Kangert, Rosa, Tiralongo, Aru, Landa, Rogers, Contador, Porte, König, Nieve, Caruso, Izagirre, Uran, VDB, Cunego, Niemiec, Trogimov, Geniez, and Herrada."

• Advertisement

Had the day off today, happy to get an interesting stage. Astana led peleton peg the gap back to 6 minutes with 38km to go. Astana also detonated the peleton on that last climb.

Bertie just has one helper left, Porte has two but he also has 2 lads up the road.

Astana with 5 on the front and 2 up the road look super strong of the big GC teams.

We've struck gold today with coverage of the whole stage being shown live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,993 ✭✭✭griffin100

Astana with 5 on the front and 2 up the road look super strong of the big GC teams.

Imagine how boring the race would be if they hadn't been given their world tour licence ;) Their General Manager must be very happy.

Bertie just has one helper left, Porte has two but he also has 2 lads up the road.

Bertie has one helper left and one competitor up the road

• Advertisement

Anyone got the latest on the gap and how far to go?

Anyone got the latest on the gap and how far to go?

Peloton at circa 4 minutes with 30km to go

4:20 and 30km

4:20 and 30km

4'20? Must be blazing along.

That gap is seriously tumbling - saying under 3 minutes. Looking a lot less race defining day now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

2,40 now 24km left

Gap is only 2 min 45 sec with 24km to go.
    The gap is tumbling at a rate of knots.

Eurosport tend to be good in terms of ad breaks but they seem to be much worse today

2mins 17km left. Probably about 3-4km to the final climb.

pelevin wrote: »
    Eurosport tend to be good in terms of ad breaks but they seem to be much worse today

they normally stick a load on in a short space of time and then go ages towards the end of the race without any

Is Kreuziger fresh-ish or has he been doing work in the break?

Uran dropped

Forza Formolo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Hopefully Formolo can hang on now :cool:

this the 1st thing of note garmin have done this season?

• Advertisement
Advertisement