Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lidl Voucher Thread €10 off €50 spend

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

I think this thread needs to be locked and buried at sea until the new year when vouchers are reactivated...I hope.

Last week's 20 off 100 are still good till the 31st though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Offers are subject to change ..... aren't they.

If it changes, it'll be made extremely, blindingly, clear on here when it does

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,516 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Last week's 20 off 100 are still good till the 31st though.

Yes I've one in the wallet so to speak :D

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭TinyTot165

Yes I've one in the wallet so to speak :D

The Lidl vouchers were valid up to 27th, the Aldi vouchers are valid til 31st.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,726 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

rubadub wrote: »
    they don't.

Lidl & aldi could have been clever and released 99euro off a 100euro spend valid only on stephens day and new years day. Days when I think they were both closed but tesco are open ;)

Oooh that would have been good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

Moderator....could you change the thread title back to it's original title without the specific date. And remove 'expired'

Then, we can use this thread for notifications about future vouchers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

KOR101 wrote: »
    Moderator....could you change the thread title back to it's original title without the specific date. And remove 'expired'

The Expired is to stop (certain, specific!) users asking "is there a voucher this weekend?" all year when there isn't.

They'll remove the tag when there is another one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Expired tag is self explanatory, vouchers are no longer available and not getting posters hopes up when the thread gets a new post. As before as soon as a new voucher is to be published the thread was reopened and un-expired.

I left the date in the title to show the last voucher that was issued, but will remove it if others think it should be changed. Can use the report function as always rather than posting on thread.

Thanks

Saw it in today's Irish Daily Star

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Alienigenis

Good to know! Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Seriously?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭mightybashful

vicwatson wrote: »
    Seriously?

Yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Seriously?

And why not? Not everyone has the time to looks up ancient megathreads every day.

Definitely worth a new thread.

Skid X wrote: »
    And why not? Not everyone has the time to looks up ancient megathreads every day.

Well it would be simpler to just have one thread, and then get notifications, but that would be too ..............

Skid X wrote: »

Class

Ps I did ask a mod to unexpire the original lidl vouchers thread but they've enough to be doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Class

:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

In fairness, we only need one thread for posting about all Aldi and Lidl vouchers in the papers.

And that thread should be the long-running thread that has been posted in in recent days. With the title changed to indicate it's for both Lidl and Aldi vouchers.

touch.boards.ie/thread/2057444072/94

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Thank you for posting this op.

Quackster wrote: »
    In fairness, we only need one thread for posting about all Aldi and Lidl vouchers in the papers.

And that thread should be the long-running thread that has been posted in in recent days. With the title changed to indicate it's for both Lidl and Aldi vouchers.

touch.boards.ie/thread/2057444072/94
    I agree. Then leave open for recurring bargain alerts like this.

then the 'no chat' nazi's will take over and spoil it and all we can post in it is voucher aldi indo or something :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Jane98

Apparently Aldi vouchers will be in tomorrow's papers

Jane98 wrote: »
    Apparently Aldi vouchers will be in tomorrow's papers
    Okay everyone, so all Aldi posts here. Lidl ones to the Aldi thread. :pac:

Okay everyone, so all Aldi posts here. Lidl ones to the Aldi thread. :pac:

Don't think it matters, we all know 90% of them will be used to make our tesco bill more bearable :D

Still there are grounds for a super mega sticky bold no chat thread :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭James Delaney

Saw IT in todays Star.

WHAT did u see ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

Aldi and lidl voucher in today's Sunday world.

Also a Tesco ad, saying that they will accept other shops spend and save vouchers. (They had stopped this practice a short while ago)

Page 2 & page 15

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

pa990 wrote: »
    ..Also a Tesco ad, saying that they will accept other shops spend and save vouchers. (They had stopped this practice a short while ago)
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭crayon80

Sorry for not reading the million posts in multiple threads - I did look back a bit - but can you buy the Sun World in Lidl?

crayon80 wrote: »
    Sorry for not reading the million posts in multiple threads - I did look back a bit - but can you buy the Sun World in Lidl?

They stock INM publications so that should include the Sunday World.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭meolwan

crayon80 wrote: »

Yes you can I got Sunday world in LIDL Balbriggan this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Also a Tesco ad, saying that they will accept other shops spend and save vouchers. (They had stopped this practice a short while ago)
    There was rumours of them stopping but I don't think they ever did.

Some said they were stopping in early january but the lidl & aldi ones stopped coming out by then. AFAIK their official page never changed.

http://www.tesco.ie/CompetitorCoupons/
    Terms and conditions in Tesco Ireland 07.10.2015

We accept Competitor supermarket Spend & Save coupons – e.g. €5 off every €50 – see example below
    We accept spend & save coupons only from Dunnes Stores, SuperValu, Lidl and Aldi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

Used the voucher in Tesco an hour ago, no questions asked whatsoever.

Used the voucher in Tesco an hour ago, no questions asked whatsoever.

In the sunday world there is a tesco full page advert clearly saying they accept them, so should be no trouble anywhere.

There is also a BOGOF voucher for fish n chips in ITIAC chippers, there is a list of participating chippers, all the ITIAC ones near me were listed. It is only valid until this wednesday though.

Just used a Lidl voucher and the cashier scanned it an gave it back to me. I assume that was a mistake.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭James Delaney

Just used a Lidl voucher and the cashier scanned it an gave it back to me. I assume that was a mistake.......

I don't what u assume but ur post doesn't make any sense or give proper details !!!

• Advertisement

In both Lidl and Tesco the cashiers must hold on to the vouchers so the tills can be reconciled. Vouchers are only supposed to be used once.

Quackster wrote: »
    In both Lidl and Tesco the cashiers must hold on to the vouchers so the tills can be reconciled. Vouchers are only supposed to be used once.
    So, it WAS a mistake. Lucky me.

So, it WAS a mistake. Lucky me.

Saved the price of another rag!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

In the sunday world there is a tesco full page advert clearly saying they accept them, so should be no trouble anywhere.

There is also a BOGOF voucher for fish n chips in ITIAC chippers, there is a list of participating chippers, all the ITIAC ones near me were listed. It is only valid until this wednesday though.

Afaik, i know what BOGOF is, but That's a new one on me ITIAC :confused::p

Afaik, i know what BOGOF is, but That's a new one on me ITIAC :confused::p

:) It should have been ITICA, the Irish traditional italian chipper association. The ones who do the half price fish & chips day.

there is a list of chippers here, I think most if not all were listed in the paper.
    http://www.itica.ie/chipper_directory

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

:) It should have been ITICA, the Irish traditional italian chipper association. The ones who do the half price fish & chips day.

there is a list of chippers here, I think most if not all were listed in the paper.
    http://www.itica.ie/chipper_directory

Ah Ciao Bella! :P

Was this a one off for the vouchers, or will we have them again on sunday?

i'm guessing that it was a one off, since the coupons expire on a saturday, and they usually run sunday to sunday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,516 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Was this a one off for the vouchers, or will we have them again on sunday?

i'm guessing that it was a one off, since the coupons expire on a saturday, and they usually run sunday to sunday

If I was a betting man with Easter the following weekend I would say there will be more this weekend, I have no idea though, could be wrong.

If I was a betting man with Easter the following weekend I would say there will be more this weekend, I have no idea though, could be wrong.

Here's hoping

Could do with some more tesco vino, and some aldi steaks :-) and maybe a few bottles of whisk(e)y

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

There was rumours of them stopping but I don't think they ever did.

Some said they were stopping in early january but the lidl & aldi ones stopped coming out by then. AFAIK their official page never changed.

http://www.tesco.ie/CompetitorCoupons/

You'd have to wonder if this is an attack strategy by Aldi and Lidl on Tesco? They just keep publishing vouchers and know that more people will take them to Tesco than to their own store.

They are both at 6.1% on kantar scale recently, Supervalu tops at 25%, then Dunnes took second with Tesco in third followed by laldi's. Interesting. Dunnes are the winner of late perhaps due to their continuing 10 free with 50 spend etc etc

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

RainyDay wrote: »
    You'd have to wonder if this is an attack strategy by Aldi and Lidl on Tesco? They just keep publishing vouchers and know that more people will take them to Tesco than to their own store.
    No.
    It's an attempt to gain market share from Tesco et al..and successfully so. Coupons are essentially free advertising and marketing for them.
    If they wanted to attack Tesco at al, they'd lower their prices.

You may have noticed that a lot of Tesco own brand products are matching LidlAldi on price. These are cheaper than Tesco UK.

RainyDay wrote: »
    I have said the same before, and definitely think there has to be an element of that. I don't think there are any decent beer offers in lidl or aldi this week, that would make sense to me if they have these vouchers about. But both obviously know tesco have a history of drink offers around patricks day. If I was working in aldi & lidl I would certainly be timing them and taking note of how it would effect tesco, they would be stupid not to.

24x500ml bulmers is 26euro in tesco at the moment, people getting 2 trays for 42euro with the voucher. Heineken is the same price, guinnness is 24x500ml for 24euro. I expect the price could be twice that in lidl or aldi right now for some of the beers on offer in tesco. The bulmers is especially good (not that I rate it highly), its usually only packs of 18 at the same price of other beers in packs of 24.

Tesco also currently have ridiculously good wine offers.

Posters have been on who work in tesco and said management were saying the vouchers were hitting them really bad, hence the talk of it being stopped in early January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I think enough has been said on if they are doing the vouchers or not to hurt tesco etc.

Back to which papers are the vouchers in next and when.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭TinyTot165

Lidl have confirmed €20 off €100 voucher in Saturday's independent & star and the Sunday world (according to beady eye bargains on Fb)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement