Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lidl Voucher Thread €10 off €50 spend

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭leck

Rackstar wrote: »
    Would I get away with using last weeks voucher in Tesco?
    Barr wrote: »
    If the voucher has expired Tesco will not accept it.
    And if it was accepted, would you want the checkout person who failed to check the date, to get in trouble later over this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

leck wrote: »
    And if it was accepted, would you want the checkout person who failed to check the date, to get in trouble later over this?

No of course not. They accept other stores vouchers, every chance they wouldn't mind taking out of date vouchers also.

Rackstar wrote: »
    No of course not. They accept other stores vouchers, every chance they wouldn't mind taking out of date vouchers also.
    If you feel it's a legitimate use, go to customer service and ask if you can use an out-of-date voucher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

VOUCHERS This weekend -

Indo and Star on Saturday

World on Sunday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭Lunaarli

Did anyone else get a letter from Tesco saying that they are not accepting vouchers anymore? Or 28 days from 24th August or something!?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭WearstheFoxhat

Just back from tesco, used the out of date voucher, and another competitor voucher too. €51 shop cost €33

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Lunaarli wrote: »
    Did anyone else get a letter from Tesco saying that they are not accepting vouchers anymore? Or 28 days from 24th August or something!?
    I got this in my voucher mailing, at first I thought it was the lidl/aldi vouchers but when I read it again I think it was that they are no longer price matching between shops. Like you used to get a coupon for 10cent off your next shop since you bought say rice and it would have been cheaper in lidl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

You're thinking of this I'd say

https://www.tescopricepromise.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

ncur wrote: »

No mention of discontinuing the practice of accepting competitors vouchers....

So we're still safe to use lidl vouchers in tesco right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 663 ✭✭✭CourierCollie

A little bit off topic, but Lidl Terenure have 20% off food items for the next 2 weeks and a few days. It's only for food, so no booze or other non-food items;)

[IMG][/img]IMG_3.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Going to chance that today, if they say no, just leave everything at checkout, say you haven't enough money

I seen someone do that. What an asshole....I thought they were.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Lidl now selling mobile credit
    Vodafone, Three, Meteor

Yeah, actually I saw a guy at it too, looked a real arse, maybe it was the same fella?

ncur wrote: »

No it def said that they were stopping accepting 'competitors coupons' They said that their prices are staying down blah de blah...

No it def said that they were stopping accepting 'competitors coupons' They said that their prices are staying down blah de blah...
    No it did not. We all got the mailing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The leaflet in the clubcard points was very specific in saying it was price promise vouchers they were stopping. I suggest you read it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Leaflet in question.

My bad so!
    I thought when I saw the 24th....
    Yay... LOVE LOVE LOVE the €10 off €50 spend... delighted they're not over!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭lotmc

I wonder if he came back later looking for his euro from the trolley???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Doop

A little bit off topic, but Lidl Terenure have 20% off food items for the next 2 weeks and a few days. It's only for food, so no booze or other non-food items;)

Any guesses as to why only Terenure???
    ALDI Terenure opening date 3rd September!
    :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,710 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Doop wrote: »
    Any guesses as to why only Terenure???
    ALDI Terenure opening date 3rd September!
    :pac:

An Aldi opened beside Lidl in Ardkeen, Waterford last week and I saw no such deal mad.png

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I used 2 vouchers half an hour ago in tesco, no problem I split the shop

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭lachin

Just did a shop in lidl and used my voucher.

Bought the sink tap but when I Glanced at my receipt at home I saw the tap I purchased was a premium one for €50 as opposed to the basic one that I wanted, priced at €20. I know, I'm tapped!!! But in my defence I'd two cross tired kids with me after their first day back at school

Anyway total spend came to €79.question is can I return tap even though I used a voucher? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

lachin wrote: »

Bought the sink tap but when I Glanced at my receipt at home I saw the tap I purchased was a premium one for €50 as opposed to the basic one that I wanted, priced at €20. I know, I'm tapped!!! But in my defence I'd two cross tired kids with me after their first day back at school

Anyway total spend came to €79.question is can I return tap even though I used a voucher? Thanks

I wouldn't think you will have any trouble returning it, voucher or no voucher

not sure if you can return the tap because you used the voucher but in the booklet I got today it has another tap from thursday 3rd september it's also a mixer tap and has 2 stage lever opening for water conservation and it's €29.99 choose from 2 styles maybe they could give you a credit note or something if they wont give you your money back

• Advertisement

Most Lidl staff are resonable people, can't imagine you having any trouble changing it

Thanks for replies, will head in tomorrow if I get a chance. Don't even mind getting a credit note, I do need a tap, just don't see the point in paying €50 as opposed to €20.

It is my own mistake though for rushing in and out.

From Lidl website

"Change Your Mind?
    NO PROBLEM!
    • Within 28 days
    • With proof of purchase
    • With all parts labels and packaging
    • If the item is fit for sale
    We are happy to refund you!"

vicwatson wrote: »
    From Lidl website

"Change Your Mind?
    NO PROBLEM!
    • Within 28 days
    • With proof of purchase
    • With all parts labels and packaging
    • If the item is fit for sale
    We are happy to refund you!"

he/she wondering about the fact they used a voucher

casio4 wrote: »
    he/she wondering about the fact they used a voucher

Yes.

Makes no odds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Yes, you can!
    When they were giving out the 10% off €30 vouchers in store & i spent over €50, the following week they give me the full amount for an item of clothing that didn't fit, as i got different sizes.

But i was surprised to get the full amount, even though it was 10% off! :P

Bump -

VOUCHERS This weekend -

Indo and Star on Saturday

World on Sunday

Is The Star still only 90c in Tesco?

Yes..got one this morning! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,854 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

went to tesco this evening, used lidl voucher from last week, this weeks lidl voucher, a dunnes 10 euro off 50 voucher and an aldi voucher, also used 8 euro tesco club card vouchers and saved 18 euro in multi buys etc. so on a shopping of just over 200 euro i saved 66 euro! happy days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,741 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Yep got the €0.90 rag in Tesco today too. Used Dunnes voucher. Had to quickly add a two pack of Coke bottles to bring my total over €50 :D
    whelan2 wrote: »
    went to tesco this evening, used lidl voucher from last week, this weeks lidl voucher, a dunnes 10 euro off 50 voucher and an aldi voucher, also used 8 euro tesco club card vouchers and saved 18 euro in multi buys etc. so on a shopping of just over 200 euro i saved 66 euro! happy days

You're shopping like a boss :cool:

Did you have to split the shopping? €50 then €50 etc?

Update; returned today, absolutely no issue! Got the €20 tap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,854 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

yes just asked lady at till to stop at 50 each time, use token and pay for that amount and then start again, she was very helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭shakedown

There's 20% off everything in Lidl Terenure I think until Thursday when the new Aldi opens. You can still use the €10 voucher too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

It's 20% off food only and it's valid until 13th Sept.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Weyhey

Two weeks ago my Aldi voucher wasn't deducted and I didn't notice until I was outside (got the 10e back no quibbles). This week the same thing happened in Lidl but I noticed as soon as I got my receipt, got 10e back no quibbles but it is something to keep an eye out for.

Ah yeh

Weyhey wrote: »
    Two weeks ago my Aldi voucher wasn't deducted and I didn't notice until I was outside (got the 10e back no quibbles). This week the same thing happened in Lidl but I noticed as soon as I got my receipt, got 10e back no quibbles but it is something to keep an eye out for.

I agree, my experience is "oh remind me about that" shag off !!

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭menuisier

Hey,

Can anyone confirm the cut of date when these vouchers are not longer accept in Tesco? I got this weeks Aldi voucher on the 30th and would like to use it in tescos if I can.
    Having trouble working it out from that price promise letter.

Thanks

menuisier wrote: »
    Hey,

Can anyone confirm the cut of date when these vouchers are not longer accept in Tesco? I got this weeks Aldi voucher on the 30th and would like to use it in tescos if I can.
    Having trouble working it out from that price promise letter.

Thanks
    There's no working it out. The validity period is printed on the voucher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

There is no cut out date. Tesco are still accepting the competitors vouchers. Tesco are ending the price promise promotion where they give you a till split for a few cents off your next shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

No voucher this week guys? I've looked up the Twitter account and there is no word.

Would'nt surprise me. Lidl have had it going for 4 months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

I'd be suprised if there is no voucher this week, I saw the Aldi voucher in a paper yestreday.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement