Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lucifer (Fox/Netflix) [** Spoilers **]

Comments

Oh dear lord that American accent

Is he advertising for more US roles. Not sure he's nailed it. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

I hope not

I'm three episodes in it's very good so far have avoided all spoilers I'd advise everyone to do the same go into this with an open mind it's gonna get good real fast also keep the info as vague as you can if posting on episodes you've seen maybe until Monday then we talk about things at length give as many as possible a chance to take in the full 8 episodes available, this is a show that warrants a slow processing watch it's TV at its finest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,679 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Episode 4 is a whoot (great origin episode of sorts...)

It's definitely more mature than even last season. Finally giving the fans what they wanted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,125 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

I hope not

I'm three episodes in it's very good so far have avoided all spoilers I'd advise everyone to do the same go into this with an open mind it's gonna get good real fast also keep the info as vague as you can if posting on episodes you've seen maybe until Monday then we talk about things at length give as many as possible a chance to take in the full 8 episodes available, this is a show that warrants a slow processing watch it's TV at its finest.

Usually for shows where all episodes released at once, I feel it makes sense to give people at least a week to get through them before any in depth discussion of episodes can be posted without spoiler tags. Some people binge all episodes as soon as possible while others space them out.

• Advertisement

It's definitely more mature than even last season. Finally giving the fans what they wanted.

Would that be because of a certain naked body :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Didn't even know this was back been watching all day 5 episodes in a lot of irrelevant background stuff a lot more usual crazy stuff gonna watch the final 3 episodes later really hope the second half drops around October

Can't wait for the rest of the season - great end to the first part

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Enjoyed those 8 episodes.
    Though couple things to point out including the final episode
    If the whole precinct was on high alert like Dan said, why was it the consultant, bounty hunter and forensics technician that seemed to be doing all the work?

Did we get a resolution to the case in the first episode? Seemed the sister took the money but the "Lucifer" appearance seemed to bring the thing to a close

The safe was empty as he'd spent it all on the yacht coke and hookers and the skimpy Speedo and dirty Doug seemed to give the marker to losing high-end gamblers, it's a honey pot system Crooked game gives a **** ton offf cash you win you win and you win but in the end the house always wins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Just finished episode 4 and Trixie fells more like she could be Ella's daughter than Chole's with her cheeky attitude.

The safe was empty as he'd spent it all on the yacht coke and hookers and the skimpy Speedo and dirty Doug seemed to give the marker to losing high-end gamblers, it's a honey pot system Crooked game gives a **** ton offf cash you win you win and you win but in the end the house always wins.

Glad this was edited for clarity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Really enjoyed that first half of S5. Loved the character development of Maze. Christ almighty though Ellis' american accent is woeful.

Good choice of actor for the end of episode 8.

I think his character representation of Michael is perfect scheming sly mama's boy, able to slip into the role very easily, it seems almost Loki like without the charismatics.

He is a manipulative bastard feeding on the fear and vulnerability twisting things to his own whim.

Neil Gaiman created a fantastic pantheon of characters in this world and twisted their representations arseways compared to the original stories and canonical properties.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Good choice of actor for the end of episode 8.
    Amen to that :D

I didn't know the season was split in 2 until I came here so spent half of the last episode wondering how they were gonna wrap it all up. Does anyone know when part 2 is out?

Amen to that :D

I didn't know the season was split in 2 until I came here so spent half of the last episode wondering how they were gonna wrap it all up. Does anyone know when part 2 is out?

Think October was mentioned - so not too long thank god

Edit
    Ohhh maybe I'm thinking of some other series - not confirmed yet
    https://www.radiotimes.com/news/on-demand/2020-08-26/lucifer-season-5-part-2-tom-ellis-release-date/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I thoroughly enjoyed that, and even if I was previuosly aware that it was a split season, it didn't register until the end of episode 8, the big reveal and no more. With a bit more Googling, I've found out that there's no set date yet as they still have half of the final episode of S5 to finish and straight into S6, which again came as a surprise as I thought this was the last season (again, I may have been made aware of this earlier, but I have forgotten if so!). So good news all round, except that we may be waiting till Xmas/New Year for the second half of S5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

The black classic corvette convertible that Lucifer drives, I wonder was that the same one he drove in Rush.

• Advertisement

They have lots of fun ****ing up :D

Clearly Trixie's the only professional in the show. She only appeared in that video once. :)

Sneak peek of the upcoming musical episode

Sneak peek of the upcoming musical episode

That looks 1000 times better than most musical specials

In that video (I'll spoiler it in case people aren't watching any videos)
    Lucy seems immune at first. So wonder if he is and joined in voluntarily later

CastorTroy wrote: »
    In that video (I'll spoiler it in case people aren't watching any videos)
    Lucy seems immune at first. So wonder if he is and joined in voluntarily later

Good point :D

I'm guessing
    there's another angel involved. Is there a Christian equivalent of Loki?

Also, why the musical episode? Thought that was a thing of the past... Still loads of cringe.

I'm guessing
    there's another angel involved. Is there a Christian equivalent of Loki?

Also, why the musical episode? Thought that was a thing of the past... Still loads of cringe.

If we go by Supernatural, the answer to your spoiler would be
    Gabriel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Hey....its the all state guy!!!

What a commanding voice!

• Advertisement

Hey....its the all state guy!!!

What a commanding voice!

Interestingly here, he is DB Woodside's character's father but in 24 they were brothers

Does that make Jack Bauer the most powerful man in the universe since
    God
    always listened to him in 24.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Does that make Jack Bauer the most powerful man in the universe since
    God
    always listened to him in 24.

Oh man, imagine if they had cast Kiefer instead for this. He would also have to say Damn it , Chloe at least once

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Merrin Dungey will appear as Sonya, a no-nonsense cop who forms an unlikely bond with DB Woodside’s angel and Brianna Hildebrand will play Rory, a rebellious and angsty angel hoping to follow in Lucifer’s footsteps

Source TV Line

Hmmm... now what biblical name can be shortened to Rory? (also just realised that the actress is Negasonic Teenage Warhead, will be interesting to see if she can act).

• Advertisement

She stars in the series Trinkets on netflix. Haven't watched it myself though

Yeah, I haven't seen her in anything else I've taken an interest in, so this would be the first time seeing her actually act.

Best news ever 8 weeks and 3 1/2 days and counting

Lucifer has left the building.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNAu4IgJ1Xv/

• Advertisement

Lucifer has left the building.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNAu4IgJ1Xv/

On one hand looks like a come and get me for another season. On the other hand it screams 'Producers avoid'

Wonder when season 6 will premier really looking forward to 5B hope Lucifer ****s Michael up for all his bull****.

5B drops May 28th.

E0Jzo_LVkAcVVQo?format=jpg&name=large

That picture looks nothing like him

It's the hair rather than the scar can't ****ing wait for this

It's the hair rather than the scar can't ****ing wait for this

Is it what you most desire? :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,335 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Is it what you most desire? :pac:
    Yes, yes it is!!!

:)

Drops tomorrow.

Can't wait to binge watch foooook You Michael hope you get your wings cut off

• Advertisement
Advertisement