Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lucifer (Fox/Netflix) [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

We need a release date! Hyped for this.

8th of May isnt it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Oh, didn't realise that! Yurt! My birthday month is looking good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,125 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I was just about to post that trailer, it looks like a good story arc for the season, looking forward to it now, just wonder if they'll do a weekly release or a binge.

Clareman wrote: »
    I was just about to post that trailer, it looks like a good story arc for the season, looking forward to it now, just wonder if they'll do a weekly release or a binge.

From what I've read, the season will be split into two arcs with a break in between so they could release 5 episodes in one go and then the other 5 a month or two later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,682 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

10 episodes on the 8th according to imdb

The internet isn’t for everyone

All 10 episodes are now up on Netflix

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Woohoo!

I mean that is very pleasing to hear. :) will start watching this evening, hopefully

• Advertisement

That's my night sorted, sweet!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,335 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

End of episode 1; that setup for the season...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Loved Grimm that was quite the surprise episode 1 excellent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,679 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Great season - little bit darker, little bit naughtier and still all the charm and a great finale
    Better get renewed

4 episodes in, and finally Chloe's lip is starting to behave. Pretty sure she was off getting botox when she was missing between seasons!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,918 ✭✭✭nix

Is this worth giving another go? I remember the quality dipping largely in season 3, things just kept getting daft, i didnt get very far into season 3 as a result :(

• Advertisement

Well, I've loved each and every season. Season 3 really amps up the mythological side of it, and sets it up for more supernatural type stuff.

Finished Season 4 last night, and I loved it. I thought the first episode as a bit shaky, but it started to gel really well in the second episode, and continued to be brilliant from there.

Ending
    I'm not too gone on Eve, she was good at first but really started to grate towards the end. I reckon she'll be back, and can't wait to see how they're going to manage Lucifer keeping hell in check and still getting back for a bit of Chloe.

Just finished it there, 10 episodes was perfect as no filler. Kind of annoyed I got the ending spoiled for me via youtube recommendations though.

I now love this show even more after seeing this. The relationship between Tom and Lauren (Lucifer and Chloe) off screen seems more fun than on screen. No spoilers that I can tell of, just some background fun.

It was okay. Would I have continued to watch season 5 if I had just come across it on Netflix without seeing seasons 1-4, probably not.

You could see the writers were bored senseless with the murder/procedural - By far the weakest part of the show. They also finished it at a natural end if not renewed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭BandMember

By far the best season yet! It's so much better on Netflix as they have a greater licence to be stuck in tight single episode storylines arcs with each case to be solved. Will be interesting to see where it goes from here - I'm presuming that there will be another season??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I really enjoyed the season.

If that's the end I'm happy with it.

If it gets renewed I'll be first in line for the further adventures of Lucifer Morningstar.

Eve is so hot? Adorable? Cute? All of the above?

Good season overall, though douche got annoying at times.

Not sure where they go from here.
    Be a brave person, angel or demon that touches that baby, with Maze protecting him, not to mention his father and uncle

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Eve is so hot? Adorable? Cute? All of the above?

I went from all of the above to none of the above to all of the above to none of the above a few times throughout the season and I'm still not sure.

Thought Eve was OK but straight after Cain felt a bit of a cop out for a storyline
    Certainly wouldn't want her as part of the regular cast which is what they seem to have been doing, don't think Cain got as much screen time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

Loved it. Knew Netflix would do it justice. They'll definitely renew it for a 5th season considering the amount of negotiation they would have done just to get the license from Fox and then Warner Brothers/DC. Marvel are pulling all their content from Netflix for the new Disney streaming service so Netflix need all the comic related superhero content they can get now. Umbrella Academy got renewed for a second season and Lucifer already has that kind of fanbase behind it internationally so no doubt we will see him again.

Also loved the CGI for his full devil form.
    When he told everyone to bow down to their king and to go home the hairs on my arm stood up. Excellent scene, and it's gone viral on Youtube with 3.6 million views in 4 days. If that isn't indication that it's wildly popular I don't know what is. Even some of the most famous GoT scenes don't have that many views despite being uploaded years ago.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,335 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Netflix usually does 2 seasons; the third one is the real game breaker because it normally has a significant payment to the producer tied to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Brilliant!! The 10 episode season was perfect and we were not left dragging storylines our for 22 episodes.

Brilliant!! The 10 episode season was perfect and we were not left dragging storylines our for 22 episodes.

A few more episodes wouldn't have gone remiss but that is the remit of Netflix who usually do 13 or so episodes - or is that a stipulation of the licencing, very few shows go 22 episodes or more anymore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Yay - alas final season, boo

Netflix always seem to give rescued shows only 1 or 2 more season

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

With the way Season 4 ended I can understand why this would be the final season. At least they can give it a proper send off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

Delighted to hear it's been renewed. Hopefully they give Neil Gaiman a cameo as God just for the sake of it.

fritzelly wrote: »
    Netflix always seem to give rescued shows only 1 or 2 more season
    It was mentioned in another thread a while ago but basically Netflix contracts appear to have relatively low cost first and second season with third season forward it escalates drastically. This in turn is tied to the fact that Netflix sees an increase in membership during the first and second season but third season forward it's not noticeably drawing in new viewers and hence the combination of escalating cost with no viewer growth means they usually cancel it after two seasons. Hence anything being picked up by Netflix should always be assumed to remain at 1 to 2 season extension only barring a miracle. I'll obviously be missing the series as I find it brilliant but I'll also be able to enjoy watching it all over again unlike let's say GoT.

Nody wrote: »
    but I'll also be able to enjoy watching it all over again unlike let's say GoT.

You'd have said similar re GOT up until the last season. :P

So, will we finally get to see Chloe make the devil with two backs :D

Season 5 confirmed to have 10 episodes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭ladyjuicy08

Anyone heading to London comic con end of the month Tom Ellis is attending

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

I just got to the last episode of season season 3.....
    Delighted Who is, narrating God's voice....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

I just got to the last episode of season season 3.....
    Delighted Who is, narrating God's voice....

Is this a test?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8458056/

https://sciencefiction.com/2018/05/29/ep-joe-henderson-talks-getting-neil-gaiman-voice-god-lucifer-bonus-episode/

Thats actually a bonus episode?

Edit also at https://tvline.com/2018/05/28/lucifer-season-3-bonus-episode-god-narrator-fairy-tale/ including God's voice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

my3cents wrote: »

Thanks for those links...
    No mention of bonus episodes on Netflix...
    I look forward to starting season 4....

Thanks for those links...
    No mention of bonus episodes on Netflix...
    I look forward to starting season 4....

I'm not quite sure how that worked out because to my mind 26 episodes is exactly what you produce for a 6 month season.

Season 5 now confirmed to have 16 Episodes!! Fantastic news, and showrunner Ildy Modrovich has stated that there's no point fighting for more seasons (no reason why) but is open to a possible spin off down the line.

Season 5 now confirmed to have 16 Episodes!! Fantastic news, and showrunner Ildy Modrovich has stated that there's no point fighting for more seasons (no reason why) but is open to a possible spin off down the line.

Great news, I wonder if they will split the season and release 8 in one go and then the final half a few months later. They could have 2 pods like Agents of SHIELD used to do

Netflix have picked up Sandman I wonder is that the spin off they are hinting at?

Oooooooh, Sandman/Lucifer/Preacher show! I want that. It won't happen, but I want it.

• Advertisement

Oooooooh, Sandman/Lucifer/Preacher show! I want that. It won't happen, but I want it.

Always a chance that someone could pitch a completely new off the wall story line for Amenadiel's son?

Shur we'll have to see how that pans out first though. But it better have Lucifer as the/a main character.

Would that make it the longest season of a netflix made show?

Unless you want to include kids shows/cartoons, then yes, I believe it has the most episodes in a single season of a Netflix produced show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭ladyjuicy08

Does anyone know has Tom Ellis been confirmed for lux 2 con in Birmingham next year?

• Advertisement
Advertisement