Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lucifer (Fox/Netflix) [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Does anyone know has Tom Ellis been confirmed for lux 2 con in Birmingham next year?

Yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭ladyjuicy08

Hi any chance u can link me to the official announcement I saw it on Twitter but then it was deleted just want be sure before booking my trip thanks

Don't know how official, but everything seems to point towards him going. TBH, I can't even find an official site for the con.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭ladyjuicy08

http://www.seanharry.com/events/lux/

He is advertised on fb page in the photo price list
    I bought a ticket anyway so heres hoping

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Mom
    is returning for season 5 :)

Mom
    is returning for season 5 :)

Oh, I wonder
    who she will take over this time, seeing as Charlotte is no longer with us...

Oh, I wonder
    who she will take over this time, seeing as Charlotte is no longer with us...
    ???

???

Well, they can't
    Charlotte Richards again, as she dead, wondering if it'll be a new character or she'll take over someone new or take over an already established character. I think it would be interesting if she took over Ella!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,125 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Great news, I wonder if they will split the season and release 8 in one go and then the final half a few months later. They could have 2 pods like Agents of SHIELD used to do

Called it three months ago, though it seems to be the new thing that Netflix are doing.
    Series star Tom Ellis revealed the news during — of all things — a set visit that aired on daytime TV’s The Kelly Clarkson Show. “Season 5 of Lucifer is going to be split into two halves,” Ellis told Clarkson, who’s a confessed Lucifer super fan. “Netflix is going to drop eight episodes, and then there’s going to be a little break, and then they’re going to drop another eight episodes.”

https://tvline.com/2019/10/28/lucifer-final-season-5-two-parts-netflix/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,679 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a30287106/lucifer-most-streamed-show-2019-netflix-stranger-things-13-reasons-why/

Maybe, just maybe, they will change their minds and commission another season

Dennis Haysbert to recur as
    God

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Dennis Haysbert to recur as
    God

No, well the better go the Dogma route and have you know who as the voice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,335 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

To inject some further hype enjoy the below fan made season 5 trailer (it contains spoilers for season 4):

Lucifer Twist: Netflix Wants to Keep the Show Going Beyond 'Final' Season 5
    How’s this for a devil of a twist: Netflix is not ready to part ways with Lucifer.

TVLine has learned exclusively that Netflix is in talks with Warner Bros. Television to extend the hellacious drama’s lifespan beyond the previously announced (and forthcoming) fifth and “final” season. Netflix and Warner Bros. have yet to comment on the Season 6 buzz.

After airing for three seasons on Fox, Lucifer was “rescued” by Netflix in June 2018, just weeks after its cancellation. At the time, titular star Tom Ellis called the backlash to the cancellation — and subsequent #SaveLucifer campaign — “nothing short of ridiculously overwhelming,” adding, “Since doing Lucifer, I’ve done press in various parts of the world, and I’m fully aware that this show is much more popular than what it had seemed to be on Fox… So I’m not surprised about people being angry. I just wasn’t ready this tsunami of love that came with it.”

The 10-episode fourth season — released on Netflix in May 2019 — found the titular devil dealing with both a pesky priest and the return of his very first girlfriend, Eve. One month later, Netflix announced that it had renewed Lucifer for a concluding fifth season, which is currently in its final weeks of production. Season 5 will consist of 16 episodes that will air in two separate, eight-episode chunks (premiere date TBD).

https://tvline.com/2020/02/13/lucifer-season-6-renewed-netflix/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭BandMember

Well that's an interesting development!

Lucifer Twist: Netflix Wants to Keep the Show Going Beyond 'Final' Season 5

https://tvline.com/2020/02/13/lucifer-season-6-renewed-netflix/

With season 5 being filmed as the final season, they obviously would have the final episode give a satisfying conclusion to the series. If they get renewed for another season I wonder how much they would need to change in season 5, probably would need to rewrite some of the final episodes.

• Advertisement

I'm sure they would have written the finale with closure in mind but a get out in case of a renewal

fritzelly wrote: »
    I'm sure they would have written the finale with closure in mind but a get out in case of a renewal

Exactly... Hope springs.... Eternal Damnation :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Happy to hear it but now this season is going to have a tacked on ending to change it from a finale

I'd love a crossover with Constantine like proper Hellblazer Lucifer stuff they'd share the screen quite well

I wonder if they get the new season will they cross over with Sandman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

New to this thread but this is great news. Binge watched the last 2 seasons to catch up and despite a cold start I really warmed up to the show.

Did anyone here watch Arrow too? Got a shock in the last season when Lucifer turned up in one of the crossover episodes with Constantine. Was a lovely touch.

• Advertisement

More Lucifer is defnintely not a bad thing. I just hope that they continue to make it darker, because come on, it's Lucifer, it should be darker!

I hope we get Ella and Chloe up to no goooooodd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Tom Ellis has finalised a deal to return for a potential 6th season at Netflix - Source TV Line

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Tom Ellis has finalised a deal to return for a potential 6th season at Netflix - Source TV Line

Must be pretty confident then - big money if they cancel a contract

Ellis trying to hold them to ransom by the looks of it.

Lucifer Season 6 in Jeopardy Over Potential Tom Ellis Contract Dispute
    All hell is threatening to break loose behind the scenes at Lucifer as a result of a brewing contract dispute involving the series’ titular star.

Multiple sources tell TVLine exclusively that re-negotiations between Tom Ellis and Warner Bros. Television for a potential sixth season of the Netflix drama have come to a standstill, with the actor allegedly rejecting the studio’s latest offer. As TVLine reported earlier this year, Ellis already has a Season 6 deal in place, so depending on the circumstances, his failure to honor the existing deal would put him in breach of contract.

Despite having what appears to be the legal upper hand, Warner Bros. TV has, per sources, gone back and “sweetened the pot” multiple times. “Everyone wants Tom to be happy,” says the insider. “But there’s a limit, and it’s been reached.”

Reps for both Netflix and Warner Bros. Television declined to comment for this story. Ellis’ spokesperson similarly had no comment.

It was back in February that Netflix informed Warner Bros. that it was interested in extending the hellacious drama’s lifespan beyond the previously announced (and forthcoming) fifth and “final” season. Two weeks later, the studio closed new deals with co-showrunners Ildy Modrovich and Joe Henderson for a Season 6. Per sources, the contract options for Lucifer‘s supporting cast are all expected to be picked up pending a deal with Ellis, and all parties have indicated that they want to return.

After airing for three seasons on Fox, Lucifer was “rescued” by Netflix in June 2018, just weeks following its cancellation. At the time, Ellis called the backlash to the cancellation — and a subsequent #SaveLucifer fan campaign — “nothing short of ridiculously overwhelming,” adding: “Since doing Lucifer, I’ve done press in various parts of the world, and I’m fully aware that this show is much more popular than what it had seemed to be on Fox… So I’m not surprised about people being angry. I just wasn’t ready this tsunami of love that came with it.”

https://tvline.com/2020/04/17/lucifer-season-6-renewal-tom-ellis-contract-dispute-leaving/

• Advertisement

I'd say he was offered a role elsewhere that he would need a good reason not to take, especially when Lucifer is coming to an end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Kinda leaves a sour taste considering current circumstances. How much fcuking money does Ellis want?

Hahaha nice

now the waiting begins

Has been renewed for a 6th and final season

https://tvline.com/2020/06/23/lucifer-renewed-season-6-netflix/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I'd say he was offered a role elsewhere that he would need a good reason not to take, especially when Lucifer is coming to an end.

Miranda reboot :D

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Iamhere

What is the easiest way to watch season 1-2?

Iamhere wrote: »
    What is the easiest way to watch season 1-2?
    Seasons 1 to 3 are on Prime Video UK

Really big spoiler in video

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,335 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Really big spoiler in video

Agreed but I wonder if that's the main plot in play or if that's a few episodes thing.

So pumped for this

I really hope that's an episode 1 spoiler. They should warn about things like this. Will be really annoyed if it's dragged out over the season now. Don't watch it is my advice, stay in the dark. Still excited for it.

Yeah that's why I don't watch trailers for series I plan on watching unless it's more a promo video than footage of the series.

I stupidly let a Netflix Facebook video play... My own fault!

Season 5 drops tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

Chloe Rachel hair cut

Good opening episode - so the spoiler wasn't giving away anything really

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

Oh dear lord that American accent

• Advertisement

Just about to start episode 4 and I'm loving it!!!

Advertisement