Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst customer Experience ever - eircom merry go round.

Options
  • 11-05-2015 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭

I can't believe there is an eircom page on boards .... I am appalled with eircoms service.
    I've been through so much with them that I don't even know where to start! So let's start from the beginning, I call it the eircom merry go round

I signed up to eircom when living in Donegal ... They were the only providers. Nothing was said to me regarding contracts and such. I was told I'd get 6-8mb however on a good day we would only get 0.8mb of Internet.

Fine and dandy, they are the only provider.
    6 months in, decided to move back to dublin, rang eircom, grand they put a hold on my account. (This was the only time I felt satisfied with eircoms service) this was around mid March.

3rd of April I ring to say I've moved into my new house, I was told that everything was good, line was open. He took my details, new address, direct debit details etc and was told it would be three working days before the service was back up.

Cut to 13th of April, still no service. Rang to see what was going on and there were absolutely no details saved in my account, I was still registered with my Donegal address. I was told that the line was only opened since the 10th of April. This rep wanted to sign me up for a 18 month e fibre contract, still nothing mentioned about closing the Donegal account.

15th of April ... Still no internet, 2 weeks of waiting. Was told a technician would have to call out. I got so fed up, it's a constant uphill battle and I do not want to be part of this "service". So I asked to cancel the whole thing, cancel the 18 month I took out for the second time on the 13th. 

Was then told that my Donegal account was STILL open and I would have to pay a €240 cancellation fee on an account that I haven't used for 2 months and one which I was never give a contract - and eircom, a verbal contract does not hold up In court. So I had three options - pay €240 and to hell if you're getting that, pay the rest of the contract €60 for 5 more months or take out a 18 month contract which will void the Donegal contract. 

Well rock and hard place really came into play here - so I took out the 18month contract. Despite the fact that I do not want to be with you. 

So we were told a technician would be out without ten working days ... We got a text saying the technician would be out in two days between 9.30am and 1pm. So took a half day off work. Well come 3pm and no sign of anyway, lost a full days wages and eircom are certainly not going to reimburse me for that. Next thing internet turns on? All you had to do was flick a switch ....

Now fast forward to the 7th of May ... All dandy, internet is a lot slower than the 20mb I've been quoted. I got to pay for someone online and was told i didn't have enough funds in my account, went online to see what was going on. Eircom took €47.99 off me? I got an email the day before saying my bill was €44.99. So I was baffled.

Rang eircom and asked wtf was going on why €47.99 was taken account yet I got a bill for €44.99

It was the revealed,to me that the 47.99 was from the GOD DAMN DONEGAL ACCOUNT! I am over three months from there the account was supposedly cancelled yet you're still trying to take money off me for it?? So I rang in anyway and met the nicest rep I've ever delt with in eircom, he was able to access both my accounta and saw what happened. He said he'd credit my new account with the €47.99 that went out from the old account. Grand I said, do that. He said he'd transfer me to accounts. So got through to someone else and as I was a bit confused I tried to explain what was going on. I assumed this girl would have been told what was going on she didn't and then She rudely hung up on me as I was explaining what was happening.

So rang in again and got a different rep. It was like dealing with a toddler, took him half an hour to even find the old account and said that he couldn't credit my new one with it and that Id have to wait for a final bill so you could refund me my money with a cheque! He passed me onto Accounts with my old account number, I gave it to her and it was MY OLD DONEGAL PHONE NUMBER!! Wasn't even my account number!

Why did I get such contradictory advice? Why was one rep able to do something quickly and efficiently yet the other took half an hour to find an account? 

And now I'm gearing up with another marathon as my new account number won't register online.

I just want to be done with you! Worst service I've ever encountered! Bad reps who hang up for no reason, bad reps who say they can connect you when in reality they were playing solitaire on the computer, bad speed, getting charges twice.

I just want rid of you! I do not want to be part of this service! 

And I better get a response to this as I feel you're breaching consumer law, the service is not as advertised and I was treated like rubbish thrown on to the street. 

I would cancel this service in a heart beat. 

Advice to people thinking - do NOT go near eircom!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

I can't believe there is an eircom page on boards .... I am appalled with eircoms service.
    I've been through so much with them that I don't even know where to start! So let's start from the beginning, I call it the eircom merry go round

I signed up to eircom when living in Donegal ... They were the only providers. Nothing was said to me regarding contracts and such. I was told I'd get 6-8mb however on a good day we would only get 0.8mb of Internet.

Fine and dandy, they are the only provider.
    6 months in, decided to move back to dublin, rang eircom, grand they put a hold on my account. (This was the only time I felt satisfied with eircoms service) this was around mid March.

3rd of April I ring to say I've moved into my new house, I was told that everything was good, line was open. He took my details, new address, direct debit details etc and was told it would be three working days before the service was back up.

Cut to 13th of April, still no service. Rang to see what was going on and there were absolutely no details saved in my account, I was still registered with my Donegal address. I was told that the line was only opened since the 10th of April. This rep wanted to sign me up for a 18 month e fibre contract, still nothing mentioned about closing the Donegal account.

15th of April ... Still no internet, 2 weeks of waiting. Was told a technician would have to call out. I got so fed up, it's a constant uphill battle and I do not want to be part of this "service". So I asked to cancel the whole thing, cancel the 18 month I took out for the second time on the 13th. 

Was then told that my Donegal account was STILL open and I would have to pay a €240 cancellation fee on an account that I haven't used for 2 months and one which I was never give a contract - and eircom, a verbal contract does not hold up In court. So I had three options - pay €240 and to hell if you're getting that, pay the rest of the contract €60 for 5 more months or take out a 18 month contract which will void the Donegal contract. 

Well rock and hard place really came into play here - so I took out the 18month contract. Despite the fact that I do not want to be with you. 

So we were told a technician would be out without ten working days ... We got a text saying the technician would be out in two days between 9.30am and 1pm. So took a half day off work. Well come 3pm and no sign of anyway, lost a full days wages and eircom are certainly not going to reimburse me for that. Next thing internet turns on? All you had to do was flick a switch ....

Now fast forward to the 7th of May ... All dandy, internet is a lot slower than the 20mb I've been quoted. I got to pay for someone online and was told i didn't have enough funds in my account, went online to see what was going on. Eircom took €47.99 off me? I got an email the day before saying my bill was €44.99. So I was baffled.

Rang eircom and asked wtf was going on why €47.99 was taken account yet I got a bill for €44.99

It was the revealed,to me that the 47.99 was from the GOD DAMN DONEGAL ACCOUNT! I am over three months from there the account was supposedly cancelled yet you're still trying to take money off me for it?? So I rang in anyway and met the nicest rep I've ever delt with in eircom, he was able to access both my accounta and saw what happened. He said he'd credit my new account with the €47.99 that went out from the old account. Grand I said, do that. He said he'd transfer me to accounts. So got through to someone else and as I was a bit confused I tried to explain what was going on. I assumed this girl would have been told what was going on she didn't and then She rudely hung up on me as I was explaining what was happening.

So rang in again and got a different rep. It was like dealing with a toddler, took him half an hour to even find the old account and said that he couldn't credit my new one with it and that Id have to wait for a final bill so you could refund me my money with a cheque! He passed me onto Accounts with my old account number, I gave it to her and it was MY OLD DONEGAL PHONE NUMBER!! Wasn't even my account number!

Why did I get such contradictory advice? Why was one rep able to do something quickly and efficiently yet the other took half an hour to find an account? 

And now I'm gearing up with another marathon as my new account number won't register online.

I just want to be done with you! Worst service I've ever encountered! Bad reps who hang up for no reason, bad reps who say they can connect you when in reality they were playing solitaire on the computer, bad speed, getting charges twice.

I just want rid of you! I do not want to be part of this service! 

And I better get a response to this as I feel you're breaching consumer law, the service is not as advertised and I was treated like rubbish thrown on to the street. 

I would cancel this service in a heart beat. 

Advice to people thinking - do NOT go near eircom!
    Hi xxxJennyxxx

I'm genuinely very sorry to hear of the repeated disappointing level of service offered to you over the past couple of months - It's clear apologies are certainly in order.

If you would like to PM me your existing eircom account number and your older Donegal one I will be happy to look in to this further for you.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

The odyssey continues. 
    After my last rant I finally got the online account sorted and I'm finally able to access the new fibre account.
    Heard nothing back from the lovely Alan but that's to be expected as this is eircom.

The old Donegal account that was meant to be cancelled 3 months ago reared its ugly head again when shock horror! Eircom tried to take €48 from it. I rang and said that I have not used this account since the end of February and was told that they would cancel this. This was around the start of May. They were meant to cancel this account at the start of April. 
    So fine and dandy I cancelled the direct debit so that eircom won't take any money off me that I do not owe.

Cut to a week ago I get a message saying that the dinegal account is now €115! So account has not been cancelled despite a month earlier saying I wanted it cancelled and a month before that. I rang up about this today and was given a cancellation order number and was advised that id be sent a bill of what I owed! I owe nothing I havnt used the account in 4 months! 

So that's grand, e fibre account goes in grand its €44 due to line rental. Was on direct debit which went through when I was just €1 under what was owed so it bounced Paid this bill 2 days later. 
    Now I'm being charged €15 for a bounced direct debit! I was not adviced of this when I signed up for direct debit, if I'd have known I wouldn't have done a direct debit. So now I have a €48 euro bill when I was told it would be €30 and a €115 bill for an account I havnt used in four months? 

No other company penalises its customers for a late direct debit payment. 

I have gone to ComReg about this.

This is absolutely disgraceful. 

I was told that they were waving the cancellation fee for the Donegal account which is rediculous I wasn't given the option to continue this account, I shouldn't have to pay anything as I took out a 18 month contract! It's like paying for an old car after you've upgraded to a new one! 

As I've said, if I could get rid of eircom tomorrow I would and I'm very tempted too.

Next mistake I will be taking this further, my consumer rights are being throughly abused here and the service is the worst I have ever encountered. 

I have opened a case with ComReg and if nothing comes out I will be taking matters further. 

The odyssey continues. 
    After my last rant I finally got the online account sorted and I'm finally able to access the new fibre account.
    Heard nothing back from the lovely Alan but that's to be expected as this is eircom.

The old Donegal account that was meant to be cancelled 3 months ago reared its ugly head again when shock horror! Eircom tried to take €48 from it. I rang and said that I have not used this account since the end of February and was told that they would cancel this. This was around the start of May. They were meant to cancel this account at the start of April. 
    So fine and dandy I cancelled the direct debit so that eircom won't take any money off me that I do not owe.

Cut to a week ago I get a message saying that the dinegal account is now €115! So account has not been cancelled despite a month earlier saying I wanted it cancelled and a month before that. I rang up about this today and was given a cancellation order number and was advised that id be sent a bill of what I owed! I owe nothing I havnt used the account in 4 months! 

So that's grand, e fibre account goes in grand its €44 due to line rental. Was on direct debit which went through when I was just €1 under what was owed so it bounced Paid this bill 2 days later. 
    Now I'm being charged €15 for a bounced direct debit! I was not adviced of this when I signed up for direct debit, if I'd have known I wouldn't have done a direct debit. So now I have a €48 euro bill when I was told it would be €30 and a €115 bill for an account I havnt used in four months? 

No other company penalises its customers for a late direct debit payment. 

I have gone to ComReg about this.

This is absolutely disgraceful. 

I was told that they were waving the cancellation fee for the Donegal account which is rediculous I wasn't given the option to continue this account, I shouldn't have to pay anything as I took out a 18 month contract! It's like paying for an old car after you've upgraded to a new one! 

As I've said, if I could get rid of eircom tomorrow I would and I'm very tempted too.

Next mistake I will be taking this further, my consumer rights are being throughly abused here and the service is the worst I have ever encountered. 

I have opened a case with ComReg and if nothing comes out I will be taking matter further. 
    Hi xxxJennyxxx

I'm genuinely sorry to hear this, can you please PM me the old account number? It seems very odd that you are being asked to pay for this account which should have obviously been closed down. I'll look in to this further this right away.

Thanks
    Al

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

If you feel that your account was debited wrongly in any of the instances you describe then you may wish to have a look here and examine the rights that you have under the direct debit scheme rules

It really  is disgraceful that supposedly reputable companies are not honest enough to advise customers upfront about direct debit charges when a customer is signing a direct debit mandate.  It cannot be said often enough that the direct debit system is awful and nobody should use it unless they really have to.

Unfortunately many companies  have direct debit related fees which they do not advise to the customer when they are setting up the direct debit mandate. Also if a dd bounces the bank will also charge you - so depending on the bank and the company concerned it can cost up to 30 euros to miss a dd.

Also be very careful in respect of a cancelled dd.  A cancelled dd can be reinstated and submitted again and the account debited no problem.  It is one of the biggest failings of the dd system that this is allowed and when the banks discover it they take no action against the company concerned.

Why don't Eircom advise customers of the specific fees they are liable for before signing a dd mandate?

Thank you for your PM xxxJennyxxx

I can't reply to your PM as you seem to have exceeded your stored private messages quota. I have just tried to contact you on your mobile number registered to your account, If possible can you reply with a good time to call you and discus this further?

Many thanks

Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement