Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resident Evil 6

Options
  • 11-05-2015 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭

I'm a big fan of the Resident Evil games (most of them anyway) and I just got 6 today. I'm on the tutorial stage and it's already annoyed me so much I had to turn it off. The controls feel clunky and I'm getting a bad vibe about it.
    Does it get better? Is it worth preserving?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Pretend it's not related to the Res Evil series and it's ok. Otherwise forget about it and watch the story of it on youtube if you want to see where the story line goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Yester

Thanks. I'll give it a go so. As long as the gameplay is ok it might be worth the €14.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Underground

Hope you like QTE's and terrible storylines.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,217 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd also add terrible gameplay and level design. Really did not like the game at all and only finished it because I was interested in how deep the rabbit hole went. Spoiler: it wasn't worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Yester

Thanks guys. I tried it for another hour and it's just annoying. I think I'll give this one a skip.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭Azza

The controls take some time to get use to, but once you are it can be a shock going back to older Resident Evil games with the lmore imited tank controls.

The game is pretty average. Alot of content but the moment to moment gameplay isn't anything special.

Story is typical Resident Evil fair but the villians aren't that interesting.

Mercanary mode is excellent, and their is surprisingly good melee system in the game thats not very well explained.

Some dumb design decision's, like QTE's and control been taken away from you due to cutscenes only to restore control as your about to hit/killed with no chance to avoid it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

it makes RE5 look like a masterpiece

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Playing Res 6 made me appreciate Res 5 even more. It's ok Res 5 I forgive you, you were not as bad as I made you out to be.:C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I think it's a good game if you're not a die hard fan of the original games. A lot of content and it's fantastic fun in co-op mode. I paid full whack for it on release and considered it money very well spent to be honest.

Then again I also did really enjoy Operation Raccoon City as well sooo...

Advertisement