Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Iphon4 "no service"

• 12-05-2015 12:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 290 ✭✭

I bought a second hand iphone4 tonite and just there tryed to back it up on to my new phone through I tunes everything went ok but it's saying no service where is normally get coverage any ideas of the problem please and thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Did you ever see it working before buying it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,064 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

house45 wrote: »
    I bought a second hand iphone4 tonite and just there tryed to back it up on to my new phone through I tunes everything went ok but it's saying no service where is normally get coverage any ideas of the problem please and thanks

Some possibilities:

1. SIM locked to a carrier (different to the provider's card which you inserted)
    2. Reported lost or stolen by the seller after sale and is now barred from all Southern Irish networks (insurance scam)
    3. Internal fault

2 is unlikely due to the age/model of the phone

Could try a full restore from scratch but I guess you've already set up as new phone which is the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

I'd go into settings,reset and reset network settings.
    Also do as posted above, I assume it was erased and setup as new? Could try to get a new sim, were you using the sim you have on an iPhone before?

Advertisement