Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Helicopter going around the skies at the moment

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

DareGod wrote: »
    No, we don't "need" it. Why?

Why did you feel the need to start the thread then?

If it was a dragon in the sky I would understand but I'm sure you have heard and seen helicopters before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭billythefish99

Are yis all up from the country on holidays or what lads? Its a city, there are helicopters and airplanes and big trucks too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

Dancor wrote: »
    Why did you feel the need to start the thread then?

If it was a dragon in the sky I would understand but I'm sure you have heard and seen helicopters before.

Because I wanted to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

Are yis all up from the country on holidays or what lads? Its a city, there are helicopters and airplanes and big trucks too.

Nope, this was actually rare. Hence the curiosity.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,307 ✭✭✭✭endacl

DareGod wrote: »
    Nope, this was actually rare. Hence the curiosity.

It was. I'm used to seeing plenty flying out this way. This one was unusually large compared to what I see on a daily basis. It also had red lights, flashing more like an emergency vehicle than an aircraft. And it looked to land up near Two Rock, where it waited for an extended period.

Nothing wrong with a bit of curiosity.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

endacl wrote: »
    It was. I'm used to seeing plenty flying out this way. This one was unusually large compared to what I see on a daily basis. It also had red lights, flashing more like an emergency vehicle than an aircraft. And it looked to land up near Two Rock, where it waited for an extended period.

Probably Adam Clayton popping home in a heli-taxi from Cannes :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

endacl wrote: »

The helicopter that landed in the Dublin Mountains the night of the OP was an Irish Coast Guard heli based at Dublin Airport. A Sikorsky S-92.

Here's a night time video of it:

The red lights were the red beacons on the tail and the belly plus the red nav light on the port side.

Advertisement