Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ARK: Survival Evolved

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Anyone playing on a R9 290 or 290x?

Wondering what performance is like before I commit.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Still absolutely addicted to this, so addicted we just started our own server. If ya's would like to join it here are the details:

Name: The Pope's Chapel
    PVPVE, Hard Mode(High level dino's as well as low level), Day twice as long as night, No character downloads
    Based in France

We also have a teamspeak set up that you can join and create your own channels etc: tsfr.uhostpro.com:9993

Edit: If you can't find the server add me on steam and you can join off me: ktulu123

Hope to see some of you in game!

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

Lukker- wrote: »
    Anyone playing on a R9 290 or 290x?

Wondering what performance is like before I commit.

r9 290 - 30-40 fps

V2Xscnd.png

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

jabberwock wrote: »
    r9 290 - 30-40 fps

V2Xscnd.png

Ah cheers, does it run smooth?

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

Lukker- wrote: »
    Ah cheers, does it run smooth?

yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

We finally built our stone base tonight . I love this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Grayditch wrote: »
    We finally built our stone base tonight . I love this game.

Nice. Pretty damn good eh... I'm level 38 now. Got a couple of pteranadons with saddles, tamed a brontosaurus aswell. Level 5 and can carry 980 weight! Mate tamed a sabertooth.. Game is progressing nicely.

This game is absolutely massive by the way. There is a huge amount to do.. Haven't even started exploring caves for the items to summon the broodmother.

Edit: Gotta love the attention this game gets from the devs. Updates rolling out constantly both actual game additions and then graphic performance improvements. Now getting 40fps @1600p everything maxed with a 980ti running stock. Silky smooth gameplay with no tear whatsoever. Almost at the benchmark levels for other games with this one looking absolutely stunning.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Is there an end goal you have to work towards? can you solo it?

It's just me and another guy at the moment building up a base. We have a trained Triceratops and raptor and killed our first T-Rex last night. Trying to tame a Carno at out level was a wasted effort. Absolute hungah!

We have friendly neighbours, some who are deffo going to wage war eventually, I reckon.

Thargor wrote: »
    Is there an end goal you have to work towards? can you solo it?

There's probably enough content to keep me and my mates entertained for the next 6 months atleast. Seriously far too much to do at the moment without there actually being a story.

There is a lot of paths you can take. Definitely soloable. We play on our own dedicated server so no griefers. Which I recommend if you're soloing it. By soloing I mean, you building up a giant army of varying Dino's who will fight for you....

Getting back to the story bit. There is a number of obelisks around the island with a summoning stone at the centre (videos on all of this available on YouTube) technically at the moment that is the end goal. Going into a bunch of caves on the island explore and find the items needed to summon the broodmother and kill or tame it. However the devs have said they're adding a story into the game and things will come clearer in the future.

In terms of survival games this is certainly among the best and most addictive I've played. Between levelling up unlocking new tech and taming different dinosaurs there is a lot of content to do which is either soloable or can be group based.. I personally prefer to play with a few mates though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

What servers are people playing on these days?

Is it me or did half of this thread disappear?

Grayditch wrote: »
    Is it me or did half of this thread disappear?

There are two threads. I was confused initially.

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057442248/32/#post96934964

I was wondering. My last post here was obviously from a better time with the game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 andru183

Just wondering, people that can comfortably run this. What's your PC spec? I'm wondering if the game and my hardware just don't get along. I know my ram has a low clock speed but I'm not even getting 5 fps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

I pull in around 30-40 fps running an i5 3570k, 16gb Corsair Vengeance ram and a gtx 970 on high enough details. Make sure you've turned motion blur off. It's a complete killer.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 andru183

Noxin wrote: »
    I pull in around 30-40 fps running an i5 3570k, 16gb Corsair Vengeance ram and a gtx 970 on high enough details. Make sure you've turned motion blur off. It's a complete killer.

Yea, I'm on a quad core q6600e and 4gb ram, think an ati 5500 1gb card. Ordered an i3 and 8 gb of ram but duno if I can expect to play the game at that spec

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Looks like this is coming to Xbox One on the 16th. Going to be $35 in the US.

To be honest I'm very tempted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Out now on Xbox ONE via early access program. €35 on Irish store or €18 via our Russian comrades

https://store.xbox.com/en-IE/Xbox-One/Games/ARK-Survival-Evolved/70e3ab21-a3ba-4946-82e9-df7b5a72e363

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Out now on Xbox ONE via early access program. €35 on Irish store or €18 via our Russian comrades

https://store.xbox.com/en-IE/Xbox-One/Games/ARK-Survival-Evolved/70e3ab21-a3ba-4946-82e9-df7b5a72e363

Good price from Russia. Might have to catch a plane ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭JackHeuston

Anyone still playing this?

I got it during the current Steam sale for 16.79 € since most of the Youtubers I follow started playing it and made me curious.

I'm playing on medium res on my laptop, and I'm really enjoying it. Can't wait to come back home from holidays to try it on the desktop where I should be able to run it smoothly on high res. Playing only single-player right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

Anyone still playing this?

I got it during the current Steam sale for 16.79 € since most of the Youtubers I follow started playing it and made me curious.

I'm playing on medium res on my laptop, and I'm really enjoying it. Can't wait to come back home from holidays to try it on the desktop where I should be able to run it smoothly on high res. Playing only single-player right now.

There was a more active thread in PC gaming
    http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057442248/50

Advertisement