Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Zoo schedule

Options
  • 12-05-2015 6:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi!
    I'm planning to go up to Dublin Zoo on Sunday with a friend for the first time since i was a kid and the website doesn't really specify what exactly happens under daily activities - just has a time and an animal. anybody know if any particular feedings are done on Sundays, or any recommendations?
    cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

It's just talks by the keepers and feeding times at the same time...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

Hi could you tell me when you went to the zoo if the penguin enclosure is cleared to view to the public? thought they were doing some work around their closure.

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 artanejin

mollybird wrote: »
    Hi could you tell me when you went to the zoo if the penguin enclosure is cleared to view to the public? thought they were doing some work around their closure.

thanks

yep the penguins were on show! work being done around them but they're still easily seen and accessible :) managed to get a selfie with a particularly friendly one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

The only animal not on show at the moment are the calfornian sea lions. the flamingos are back out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

And next weekend is native species weekend so there may be other activities like, talks, and demonstrations scheduled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

This was the newest thread I could find:

I've read that they close some habitats early...

Thing is, I'm in Trim for a cycle on Sunday and bought my online ticket for DublinZoo for the evening before I head home.
    Won't get there until hopefully approx 4pm. I know it closes at 6 but I've never been; don't want to have drove so close not to visit; can always return again in September to stay longer when in Dublin for another cycle; don't mind what the weather will be like :)

Would anyone know what times they close the habitats? Just like to pre-plan my route (from the online map/guide here) for when I arrive so I'm not walking down routes where the habitats would already be closed.

Many Thanks,
    kerry4sam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

The african planes normally closes half an hour before the zoo closes....i think.

Advertisement