Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renew Pet Insurance

Options
  • 12-05-2015 8:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

My pet insurance (pet insurance.ie) has gone from €170 last year to €400 this year. How is this fair ? Same dog, no claims, one year older but two and a half times dearer. I been a customer of theirs for years.
    I'm gong to shop around but as the dog is 10 years old I'm not sure I'll get meant quotes. I'm afraid to be without pet insurance but what's to stop them doubling the premium next year ?
    Any advice please ????
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,299 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

They are raising it because as your dogs get older the chances of you making a claim increases as well; it's unlikely to double again as you put it but far more likely you're simply moved up into the elderly category for premiums. Also if you do change insurance company keep in mind ANY issues to date will nullify any claims in the area (i.e. any complaints about skin = all claims relating to skin are out etc.).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

I have 3 dogs, the one that is over 8 (in fact she is now 12) and a greyhound to boot, is about 460 to insure, the other 2 are mixed breeds, 6 and 4 and to date usually cost 150 each,

You don't say how old your dog is, I cannot insure my greyhound with anyone other than the company who insured her when she was 8, could not find a company to do it.

Have you phoned them to see what the increase is? I would, then ring around, see if the increase is validated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

Seaghanof wrote: »
    My pet insurance (pet insurance.ie) has gone from €170 last year to €400 this year. How is this fair ? Same dog, no claims, one year older but two and a half times dearer. I been a customer of theirs for years.
    I'm gong to shop around but as the dog is 10 years old I'm not sure I'll get meant quotes. I'm afraid to be without pet insurance but what's to stop them doubling the premium next year ?
    Any advice please ????

yep did the exact same thing to me today doubled since last year . I rang them so see what the story is, usual blah blah dog is getting older. I told them to shove it , as they are a nightmare to deal with even my local vet has posters about them . 123.ie insure older pets their quote was cheaper , and I would actually pay them the same as <snip> are dreadful to deal with .

Mod note:
    Please be aware that we are not allowed to discuss the snipped-out pet insurance company, please see here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056955319

Please also be aware that petinsurance.ie is the subject of ths thread, and is a different company to the the one-that-shall-not-be-discussed.
    Thanks,
    DBB

Advertisement