Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best place for good value new tyres & who can fit new front lights?

• 12-05-2015 9:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭

hi guys
    I need some new car tyres (Nissan Almera) and also new headlight bulbs so Im hoping to pop into a shop today to replace both, any recommendations for a shop that can both, is ideally in the general Ballysimon/Dublin ROad side of Limerick and is not expensive?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

So I got my new tyres from MDS on the Dublin Road, service was good, prices were goo I think, 50 e each for 2 tyres = 100 for the lot, he said that they are decent tyres. The shop was not set up for doing light bulbs so I need to find somehwere else for that....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

It's an almera. Just change the bulb yourself. If you're not confident then go to halfords who will charge you extra to fit it outside the door.

You don't need tools.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

Midwest tyres on the Dock Road for the tyres on my Almera, €65 for 185/65/15 Goodyear tyres.
    Regarding the lights, as others have stated, change them yourself, takes 5 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Charlie George

Brendan Walsh on childers road has a machine for the lights and you will have no trouble with nct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Is Des Kennedy above the markets field still open. ? if so he 'll sort the lights

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

orm0nd wrote: »
    Is Des Kennedy above the markets field still open. ? if so he 'll sort the lights

He needs a bulb changed not levelled or fixed.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Beer Baron wrote: »

Des has done bulb changes for 2 cars in my house, in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Des will change them for you alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Beer Baron wrote: »

got bulbs fitted on many occasions when I was on the that route , havent been be there for yonkers though

Advertisement