Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disguising a pole

Options
  • 12-05-2015 9:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭

Im about as green fingered as the pink power ranger so maybe Ill get an idea here.
    I have an esb pole in my back garden, its right up against a 6ft wall. I also have 2 little boys who are getting a swing set in a couple of weeks. Is there anything I do to cover/block/hide the lower half of the pole?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

For esthetics or safety?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ladyella

mostly column A, column B is ok, its secure and theres nothing on it except some old peeling sticker. We spend little time out there now but with new toys we will be out there a lot so I'd like to have it looking a bit nicer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

You could get some wooden trellising, cut it into narrow vertical lengths and nail it to the pole, then grow something like a clematis up it

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ladyella

Clematis; taking note of that.
    Thank you very much

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Red Hare

i Agree with above but would add that you could also get a Willow Screen and wrap it around the base. This might be a sturdier option if its going to get activity from play.

• Advertisement
Advertisement