Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Even More Tesco Bargains

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭ablelocks

can the discussion be moved back to actual tesco bargains?

forgot to mention this one - the KS Hive bluetooth speaker (first version) was marked 60 something but scanning at 35 in Douglas as of last Thursday. There were a few there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 332 ✭✭KathleenF

Braun cordless straighteners for €1 in Killarney clearance section. Not boxed but wrapped in plastic. Two more left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,084 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Sorry folks, meant to post this a couple of weeks ago but Holidays got in the way and then I forgot!
    Anyway, I walked past last week and they were still 2 left.

Tesco, Clearwater Finglas - possibly in other stores, I have seen a few of them but never checked price elsewhere.
    Nextbase SDV48-AM, It's a twin 7" DVD player for the car. Shelf Price is something like €160, €130 now €100. Scans at €70. Lidl voucher and I got it for €60.

The twin version means one only DVD can be shared between 2 screens. TBH, it's good but a little disappointing that the DVD does not always play when upright in the car! The SD slot allowed me to play from a card with loads of stuff I downloaded from You Tube for the kids. The second monitor can actually be used independent if you have an alternate source such as a playstation!

On Tesco here

There is a 9" Dual (a DVD player in each screen) one there also but not discounted at all, up around the €250 mark

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭ml123

Play Doh plus Cake Mountain down from €28 to €7 in Tesco Jervis. Its currently €31.99 in Smyths

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,453 ✭✭✭CH3OH

IDShot_225x225.jpg
    SAVE 1.59 Was 3.59 Now 2.00 valid from 29/7/2015 until 25/8/2015
    A lot of digestive for €2

IDShot_225x225.jpg
    Velvet Toilet Tissue 9 Roll White
    SAVE 3.22 Was 6.22 Now 3.00 valid from 29/7/2015 until 25/8/2015

Also clearing the last of the Kappa Luggage that was on offer
    example:
    Large travel bag with wheels 66 x 37 x 33cm
    4a63761921b6.jpg
    was €34.99 with tokens now €19.99

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭Gormal

Tralee Manor, Kerry

If anyone is looking for a stock pot there was one for a tenner in the aisle with the frying pans, think it was 15L.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

ml123 wrote: »
    Play Doh plus Cake Mountain down from €28 to €7 in Tesco Jervis. Its currently €31.99 in Smyths

They had a whole top shelf of these in Mahon last night marked at €28 on the shelf but i chanced my arm for a price check because the scanner wouldn't work and low and behold it scanned at €7.
    Great bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭crayon80

[QUOTE=CH3OH;96578687[IMG][/img]IDShot_225x225.jpg
    SAVE 3.22 Was 6.22 Now 3.00 valid from 29/7/2015 until 25/8/2015[/QUOTE]

That's a good price, was it in store or online? I added to my basket last night for ordering online this morning but it's showing now as €6.22 :mad:

This one is €3
    IDShot_225x225.jpg
    This one is €5
    IDShot_225x225.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭bailey99

CH3OH wrote: »
    IDShot_225x225.jpg
    SAVE 1.59 Was 3.59 Now 2.00 valid from 29/7/2015 until 25/8/2015
    A lot of digestive for €2

IDShot_225x225.jpg
    SAVE 3.22 Was 6.22 Now 3.00 valid from 29/7/2015 until 25/8/2015

Also clearing the last of the Kappa Luggage that was on offer
    example:
    Large travel bag with wheels 66 x 37 x 33cm
    4a63761921b6.jpg
    was €34.99 with tokens now €19.99

What Tesco is the toilet roll down from 6.22 to 3????

crayon80 wrote: »
    That's a good price, was it in store or online? I added to my basket last night for ordering online this morning but it's showing now as €6.22 :mad:

This one is €3
    IDShot_225x225.jpg
    This one is €5
    IDShot_225x225.jpg

Ya i'm the same, it's 6.22?

• Advertisement

bailey99 wrote: »
    Ya i'm the same, it's 6.22?

I noticed it in Arklow, but copied the details from Tesco.ie.
    The shelf space was empty but I'm presuming the stock had been purchased.
    (edit :seems to be have been pulled online )
    I'll check again today

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Tesco being stingy with the points. Used to get 150points when you buy €15 TescoMobile till spits. Now I only get 50point spits.

Tesco Value facecloth white 9c

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭jj73

Got a Jam Street Bluetooth Speaker in Tesco Naas for €31.25 down from €75. It is the last one in Naas, maybe other stores have them on stock.

They are £42.32 in Amazon.co.uk

didn't have time to stop and check, but noticed some Vax steamers and cleaners reduced to half price in Coonagh Cross, Limerick today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭leck

When do the next points/voucher mailings go out for Tesco clubcard?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Tesco Limerick is where I shop,A 12 inch pizza with everything you could possibly want on it for a fiver must be the best value to be had in Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

leck wrote: »
    When do the next points/voucher mailings go out for Tesco clubcard?

should be out next week I'd say, my points balance has dropped to nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

dun laoghaire- good one this! Christmas trees reduced to e8 and change from e40 odd!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

damian139 wrote: »
    dun laoghaire- good one this! Christmas trees reduced to e8 and change from e40 odd!

Noooooooooo not the 'C' word :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭septictank

Received my coupons this morning.

• Advertisement

How often are they posted out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,909 ✭✭✭✭L1011

bailey99 wrote: »
    How often are they posted out?

Every 3 months. You can also request them to be held and batched in November in which case you only get a statement / possibly money off vouchers every 3 months but no Clubcard vouchers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Tassimo discs in a floor bin in tesco portlaoise. Latte is normally €7,50 and was €3.50 and dates were June 2016.

septictank wrote: »
    Received my coupons this morning.
    Checked online again and found they were posted there, so was able to make an online purchase using the codes.

Get 25 clubcard points for filling out a survey about your shop. It is limited to once per month
    tescoviews.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭Gormal

snubbleste wrote: »
    Get 25 clubcard points for filling out a survey about your shop. It is limited to once per month
    tescoviews.ie

And the chance to win a €250 Tesco giftcard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Nanazolie

Sorry, not Tesco bargains, but Dunnes are also delisting some of their items and reducing them by at least 50%. Like in Tesco, these will be flagged with yellow SEL and 'delisted' written on the SEL

I got organic apple cider vinegar in Tesco, and the next day got basil infused rapeseed oil in Dunnes, both half price. Most of these bargains seem to be in the sauces, condiments and speciality foods aisles

School's not far away and a few offers to get the kids eating breakfast
    The Rice Krispies seem a good deal.

359112.jpg

A few offers also in the 3 for €3 deal

359119.jpg
    359120.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭mac1961

Tesco Poleberry selling off maybe end of lines. I got Olive oil Borges 500 ml 2.49, Hellmann's mayo light 754 g 1.15, Barry Earl Grey (50) 0.85, tesco pasta sheets 0.49. There were loads of mayo, garlic mayo, ketchup, sauces, cereals,chutney etc.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

mac1961 wrote: »
    Tesco Poleberry selling off maybe end of lines. I got Olive oil Borges 500 ml 2.49, Hellmann's mayo light 754 g 1.15, Barry Earl Grey (50) 0.85, tesco pasta sheets 0.49. There were loads of mayo, garlic mayo, ketchup, sauces, cereals,chutney etc.

Sounds like the remnants of the condiment clearance thats been ongoing in the larger stores. Some interesting things there ok- at good prices- I bought cases of the Tesco own brand Premium tartar sauce at 69c a jar- ridiculously good value- and damn tasty. Also working our way through the Poupon mustard- managed to pick up some more in Lucan. If only I could find more of the Lea and Perrins Tangy Tomato and Worcester Sauce- I'd be overjoyed (I don't think any of the other multiples sell it in Ireland)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

Tesco's vegetarian sausages in baked beans are half price at 60c at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

I heard from a friend that works there. There will be lots more of end of line products coming soon as Tesco are attempting to reduce the amount of products they stock and fill the shelves up with rows of the same thing. Apparently its what the customer wants?????? Coffee and Tea are on the firing line next I am told.

If I wanted a simple line of products, I would shop at a discounter. Buts thats a whole other argument.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I heard from a friend that works there. There will be lots more of end of line products coming soon as Tesco are attempting to reduce the amount of products they stock and fill the shelves up with rows of the same thing. Apparently its what the customer wants?????? Coffee and Tea are on the firing line next I am told.

If I wanted a simple line of products, I would shop at a discounter. Buts thats a whole other argument.

+1
    Ah the old "that's what the customer wants" excuse. Yes, as a customer I'm always disappointed to find a range of products to choose from....it's much easier when a store does all the hard work for me and offer a cheap, average and expensive option and stick to them only; no need for fancy new styles or tastes, sure we Irish need everything to be done for us or to be told how to behave by our British betters.

It's like when they tied 24 hour opening here because that's what the customer wants. Then those hours were cut because that's what the customer wants.

Here's what I want Tesco. How about you cut your excessive margins and instead of screwing us you offer the same deals and discounts as you do in the UK? Or how about consistency in pricing between your Express and Extra stores? Seeing as I (a customer) want both of those, I assume they'll both be in place by Friday in all stores?

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

+1
    Ah the old "that's what the customer wants" excuse. Yes, as a customer I'm always disappointed to find a range of products to choose from....it's much easier when a store does all the hard work for me and offer a cheap, average and expensive option and stick to them only; no need for fancy new styles or tastes, sure we Irish need everything to be done for us or to be told how to behave by our British betters.

It's like when they tied 24 hour opening here because that's what the customer wants. Then those hours were cut because that's what the customer wants.

Here's what I want Tesco. How about you cut your excessive margins and instead of screwing us you offer the same deals and discounts as you do in the UK? Or how about consistency in pricing between your Express and Extra stores? Seeing as I (a customer) want both of those, I assume they'll both be in place by Friday in all stores?

Thanks.

Yawn yawn a pointless post disguising yet another boring repetitive rant about the bloody British. Will you ever get over it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

It isn't as if they are doing great in the UK either?

But yeah, its a cost cutting exercise. Will be tough on smaller suppliers, niche products etc.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Mr. Muscle extra thick eucalyptus bleach gel less than half price @ 1.30

(the label looks likes its stock that was supposed to be in Bulgaria- and despite it allegedly smelling of eucalyptus- it just smells like a strong bleach)

Half price toilet bleach anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,909 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I think its pretty fully admitted it was cut because it wasn't making any money. A tiny subset of stores where it does, for their own reasons, still do it. Roselawn Blanchardstown has the major Garda station and hospital both with significant amounts of 24h workers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 104 ✭✭ieoin

Call of Duty Ghosts PS3 9.99 in Portlaoise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭chasm

+1

Thanks.

It was announced at the end of last year that Tesco were reducing their range by up to 30% in the UK, not sure what the percentage is for Ireland but it's not like they are singling out the irish stores. i know they could do with reductions in some areas of my local store - the toothpaste section is huge lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

coffee and tea have already been done.

At the end of the day, there were simply too many products in certain categories. How many sizes/brands of tomato sauce / mayo do you need, how many brands of basic tea bags do you need - it was crazy the number of options and it was one of the things that moved me to aldi as it just took too long to find what I wanted in Tesco.

The new management at Tesco are focusing more on brands that are well known and deleteing items that are slow sellers (loss makers, which cost the customers money in higher prices!)

Another reason is UK products have become almost 20% more expensive due to sterling and Irish product prices have stayed fairly static - so like many retailers, some UK sorced products are being delisted as they've priced themselves out of the market.

• Advertisement

The Dole pineapple tins for 39c are being discontinued. Get 'em before they disappear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭daisybelle2008

Got some of the discounted wines with competitor vouchers.
    Mcguigan bin 736 Shiraz and Frieda Vine Shiraz are very nice reds reduced to €7.
    You get a 5% discount on 6 bottles and another ten off with the voucher. Less than €5.50 each.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Nanazolie

snubbleste wrote: »
    The Dole pineapple tins for 39c are being discontinued. Get 'em before they disappear.

noooooooooooooooooooooooo, my daughter goes through one each day :(

Yawn yawn a pointless post disguising yet another boring repetitive rant about the bloody British. Will you ever get over it?

Way
    To
    Miss
    The
    Point.....

So, all you took out of that was a "rant against the bloody British?"? That's a very selective reading of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

Way
    To
    Miss
    The
    Point.....

So, all you took out of that was a "rant against the bloody British?"? That's a very selective reading of it.

No, it was accurate reading of it. The rest was drivel about better prices in the UK and was implying prices in Ireland are a rip off.

Its far from true and I suspect based on zero evidence at all. There are many reasons why things are on offer in the UK and likewise the same applies to offers in ROI. You also have to consider that staff wages are typical;ly higher in ROI than the UK and that has to be included in the cost.

FYI I live near the border and Im always shopping in the North, but find myself doing so less and less when you factor in the exchange rate and the fact that prices in ROI Tesco's have came down, most likely as a result of pressure from Aldi and Lidl. Pretty much all fresh meat is cheaper in ROI for example.

The main reason I go over the border is because alcohol is much cheaper there and also there is a much broader selection of products because in ROI people seem fanatical about "BUY IRISH" and as a result of this nonsense there is a lot less choice.

I was looking at one of the Tesco prepacked sandwiches the other day and on the front it had a label proudly claiming "Produced in Ireland" only to read the tiny ingredients at the back to find out the chicken was from Vietnam or Thailand. Talk about deliberately trying to mislead customers. Its another reason why I never trust anything I see at Tesco regarding offers etc, I have to calculate out the specific price per gram or whatever, mainly because they are sneaky bastards with no end of underhand tactics. You can see the label on the top right of the packaging, even here online you see no mention in the ingredients about it coming from Vietnam or Thailand.

http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=265285164

can we move the retail industry discussion elsewhere and stick to the actual point of this thread? I'm getting tired of the off topic posts - a couple of weeks ago it was about Bord Gais payment methods, before that it was couponing. there are other forums and threads for such discussions - most of the people who read this thread are only interested in

actual bargain alerts, in Tesco stores.

Anyway, Sony SRS-X3 Wireless Speaker that was scanning at €70 a couple of weeks ago in Douglas, was marked at €35 (yellow sticker) in the Clonmel store yesterday, but none on the shelf. Might be available in other stores.

ablelocks wrote: »
    ...Anyway, Sony SRS-X3 Wireless Speaker that was scanning at €70 a couple of weeks ago in Douglas, was marked at €35 (yellow sticker) in the Clonmel store yesterday, but none on the shelf. Might be available in other stores.
    It's worth asking one of the staff if there are any in the back. Since the tag is still up, they can just scan that and it will indicate if there are more. I got one of these SRS-X3 speakers last week at €35, tag was on shelf but none there, one of the staff said the scanner showed there was at least one in the back so he got it for me.

Very pleased with the speaker. It was originally €140 and first went to €119.71, then €70. I was watching it but figured €70 was too much. Then two weeks ago, I scanned one and oddly it had gone up to about €110! So finally last week it went to €35.11, which is 75% off. This is while the less attractive SRS-X2 is still full price.

No, it was accurate reading of it. The rest was drivel about better prices in the UK and was implying prices in Ireland are a rip off.

Its far from true and I suspect based on zero evidence at all. There are many reasons why things are on offer in the UK and likewise the same applies to offers in ROI. You also have to consider that staff wages are typical;ly higher in ROI than the UK and that has to be included in the cost.

FYI I live near the border and Im always shopping in the North, but find myself doing so less and less when you factor in the exchange rate and the fact that prices in ROI Tesco's have came down, most likely as a result of pressure from Aldi and Lidl. Pretty much all fresh meat is cheaper in ROI for example.

The main reason I go over the border is because alcohol is much cheaper there and also there is a much broader selection of products because in ROI people seem fanatical about "BUY IRISH" and as a result of this nonsense there is a lot less choice.

I was looking at one of the Tesco prepacked sandwiches the other day and on the front it had a label proudly claiming "Produced in Ireland" only to read the tiny ingredients at the back to find out the chicken was from Vietnam or Thailand. Talk about deliberately trying to mislead customers. Its another reason why I never trust anything I see at Tesco regarding offers etc, I have to calculate out the specific price per gram or whatever, mainly because they are sneaky bastards with no end of underhand tactics. You can see the label on the top right of the packaging, even here online you see no mention in the ingredients about it coming from Vietnam or Thailand.

http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=265285164

You've proven both my points in your email. I've highlighted those in bold and underlined them for you seeing as you seem to not quite understand how to construct an argument or engage in a debate. I'm actually bother baffled and somewhat amused at how you've managed to score such spectacular own goals and still think you're right. Truly bizarre!

Re. evidence, all you have to do is look online. There are countless articles on this, written by journalists and consumers alike.

Here's very recent one:
    http://www.irishtimes.com/news/consumer/north-and-south-a-tale-of-two-grocery-bills-1.1904989

There are hundreds of these. I encourage you to look at some of them and actually read them rather than just go on your opinion (non-fact based btw).

Or just do a price comparison between the tesco.co.uk sites and the tesco.ie one and whilst you'll see some swings both ways depending on promotional cycles etc., the vast majority of price swings favour the UK shoppers.

My OH is from the North. We're there pretty much every other weekend (at least) for family reasons. I'm actually at the stage where I feel I know UK pricing better than ROI for products.

As for myself, I've worked in FMCG for almost 20 years both in Ireland and the UK so I'm very in tume with Tesco pricing practices across the different jurisdictions.

As for factors like wages in ROI etc., no, you don't have to factor those in. You're comparing a price in one jurisdiction with a price in another. That's pretty much all consumers care about.

But hey, you just go with your opinion.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Will you get back on topic please folks!

leck wrote: »
    It's worth asking one of the staff if there are any in the back. Since the tag is still up, they can just scan that and it will indicate if there are more. I got one of these SRS-X3 speakers last week at €35, tag was on shelf but none there, one of the staff said the scanner showed there was at least one in the back so he got it for me.

didn't have time but to be honest, at this stage I think I have about 10 different bluetooth speakers courtesy of tesco bargains. There's only so many places you can put them.

edit

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement