Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Even More Tesco Bargains

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

ablelocks wrote: »
    didn't have time but to be honest, at this stage I think I have about 10 different bluetooth speakers courtesy of tesco bargains. There's only so many places you can put them.

edit

I was in Tesco in Sligo tonight trying to get this speaker but they didnt have any. There wasnt anything on the shelf to indicate it had been there. I was quite excited about getting on too.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 iatethepies

I was in Tesco in Sligo tonight trying to get this speaker but they didnt have any. There wasnt anything on the shelf to indicate it had been there. I was quite excited about getting on too.

No stock in Tesco Wilton(Cork). Was really hoping I could pick one up too, seems like great value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭leck

No stock in Tesco Wilton(Cork). Was really hoping I could pick one up too, seems like great value.
    Here's a photo of the shelf tag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭ablelocks

try douglas. last time i was there, around the 7th August, there were 2- 3 on the shelf - they were marked at 119 but scanning at 60 at the time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

More discontinued lines
    T UHT milk 1l 89c 45c
    T Salad Cream ~50c
    Lyons pyramid teabags 120 €4.49 €2.25
    Some coffees ↓50%
    Some alypro & rice milk ↓50%
    Stuff in the kitchenware dept like peelers, openers, plates ↓50%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 332 ✭✭KathleenF

Dearth Vader voice changing masks down to a tenner in Killarney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭garbeth

Xbox 360 250GB €99

Tesco Kildare town

Also different colour shorts from 2.95

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭peaceboi

garbeth wrote: »
    Xbox 360 250GB €99

Tesco Kildare town

Would this be national?
    Or Store specific

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Only

Xbox 360 250GB €99

Tesco Kildare town

Jesus, little fella looking for an xbox from the man in red - would kill for this! ... Don't suppose anyone has seen them elsewhere?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Only wrote: »
    Jesus, little fella looking for an xbox from the man in red - would kill for this! ... Don't suppose anyone has seen them elsewhere?

Are you sure he's looking for the 360 and not the Xbox One?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

Standard procedure now from parents with younger children, they are getting an xbox, kiddies dont know the difference, in fact talking to some parents at xmas Im not sure they knew the difference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Standard procedure now from parents with younger children, they are getting an xbox, kiddies dont know the difference, in fact talking to some parents at xmas Im not sure they knew the difference

But if the kid's 10 or 11 and the he thinks he's getting an Xbox One to play Fifa online with his friends, he get a rude awakening on Christmas morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Bebo stunnah

Nothing from this thread ever shows up in the Sligo shop as I found out a while back when there was one about bicycle lights and they didn't have a single thing bicycle related. They also didn't have the gameboy either. Not sure if it's that they don't have them, keep them themselves or are too lazy to actually help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

seen it in coonagh, limerick yesterday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Redgirl82

Any sign of the sand going n sale?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭th283

Tesco Tralee - Xbox 360's €99, despicable me foldable scooter reduced from €27.99 to €9.79, and lots of gluten free food in the discontinued aisle

phill106 wrote: »
    seen it in coonagh, limerick yesterday

Thanks for posting - need to find one more West ... fingers crossed.
    Will do some scouting tomorrow

Yep, he's only 7 and his buddy next door has a 360. He doesnt know the difference .... neither do I tbh :o . I was just figuring out which one but if I got 360 for 99 it'd be a no brainer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Yep, he's only 7 and his buddy next door has a 360. He doesnt know the difference .... neither do I tbh :o . I was just figuring out which one but if I got 360 for 99 it'd be a no brainer

Bruh

By December he gonna know the difference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭Solaris10

Birds Eye 12 Omega3 Fish Fingers 336G - 3 pack for €3.00 valid until 14/9/2015
    Regular Price €3.95/pack

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Solaris10 wrote: »
    Birds Eye 12 Omega3 Fish Fingers 336G - 3 pack for €3.00 valid until 14/9/2015
    Regular Price €3.95/pack

they're not cod though.
    pollocks to that!

they're not cod though.
    pollocks to that!
    It clearly says Omega 3. The wonderful Omega 3 fish of the sea

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

D Trent wrote: »
    Bruh

By December he gonna know the difference

The Xbox One is already 2 years old as well, the Xbox 360 is long outdated and lots of games aren't even being released on those last gen consoles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

Anyone know if there's any decent laptops in Tesco at the moment? Mine just died. :( Looking to spend about 300-350.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Tesco doesn't do any decent laptops, look elsewhere.

Thanks, I already looked, there's too many and I don't know which one to go for plus doing everything on my phone makes things extra difficult.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭brophs

Toxica wrote: »
    Thanks, I already looked, there's too many and I don't know which one to go for plus doing everything on my phone makes things extra difficult.

Just be careful that you don't end up with an overpriced laptop from a bricks and mortar place. As an example, from Ebuyer you could get this for around €330 delivered. It's nothing special, but it has an i3 processor which will easily handle everyday use, like browsing, MS Office etc.

http://www.ebuyer.com/700318-lenovo-essential-b50-70-laptop-mcc2nuk

Personally if I were you I'd do a bit more research. If you were willing to go second hand this IT company on Adverts, who came up at the top of my search results, are selling really decent Dell laptops for €350 delivered, with an i5 processor, SSD, which will make a massive difference to speed. They seem to do a 6 month warranty (I should say, I have nothing to do with them, so I can't vouch for them, I just did a cursory search on Adverts) which should give you some peace of mind.

http://www.adverts.ie/laptops/10-x-high-spec-dell-e5420-laptops-with-ssd-hard-drive-delivery-warranty-and-vat/8692212

brophs wrote: »
    Just be careful that you don't end up with an overpriced laptop from a bricks and mortar place. As an example, from Ebuyer you could get this for around €330 delivered. It's nothing special, but it has an i3 processor which will easily handle everyday use, like browsing, MS Office etc.

http://www.ebuyer.com/700318-lenovo-essential-b50-70-laptop-mcc2nuk

Personally if I were you I'd do a bit more research. If you were willing to go second hand this IT company on Adverts, who came up at the top of my search results, are selling really decent Dell laptops for €350 delivered, with an i5 processor, SSD, which will make a massive difference to speed. They seem to do a 6 month warranty (I should say, I have nothing to do with them, so I can't vouch for them, I just did a cursory search on Adverts) which should give you some peace of mind.

http://www.adverts.ie/laptops/10-x-high-spec-dell-e5420-laptops-with-ssd-hard-drive-delivery-warranty-and-vat/8692212

Thanks, I was considering second hand also.

Do ebuyer now ship to Ireland? I heard they won't ship to Parcel Motel anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

Thanks, I was considering second hand also.

Do ebuyer now ship to Ireland? I heard they won't ship to Parcel Motel anymore.

I find peeps on adverts/donedeal have unrealistic expectations for the price of their 2nd hand laptops

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48 mot2000ie

Just picked up a 4 slice stainless steel toaster in Tesco Galway for €13.63 and its €29.99 on their website. It didn't have a yellow special offer price ticket, it just had the regular white one. Not sure if it's every Tesco or just this one though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,502 ✭✭✭✭guil

mot2000ie wrote: »
    Just picked up a 4 slice stainless steel toaster in Tesco Galway for €13.63 and its €29.99 on their website. It didn't have a yellow special offer price ticket, it just had the regular white one. Not sure if it's every Tesco or just this one though.

If it has 2 dials with 1-7 on the front with both surrounded by bagel cancel frozen and reheat then I'm sorry but it's crap. The slots are really shallow so your always left with untoasted bread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 700 ✭✭✭landmarkjohn

Xbox 360 250GB €99

None in Limerick :-( Coonagh had 500GB model for €249. Roxboro and Crescent had none. Exhausted myself chasing this yesterday, it was almost like Christmas eve out there with the amount of people out!

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

The Xbox One is already 2 years old as well, the Xbox 360 is long outdated and lots of games aren't even being released on those last gen consoles

Its for a seven year old. I would have been delighted with one of those when I was seven, and I'm sure he can pick up dozens of second hand games for next to nothing.

Its only when the next door neighbour decides to upgrade that he has to worry :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,216 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

If you can wait a few more days there maybe back to school deals on net week on Laptops in most places, plus with Windows 10 out now some shops might have good reductions on Windows 8 laptops.

I am typing this on a packard bell laptop I got in tesco two years ago which is still going strong but do try to shop around.

If you can wait a few more days there maybe back to school deals on net week on Laptops in most places, plus with Windows 10 out now some shops might have good reductions on Windows 8 laptops.

I am typing this on a packard bell laptop I got in tesco two years ago which is still going strong but do try to shop around.

Thanks, yeah, still looking! Was hoping for some great back to school offer but I have yet to find one! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,352 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

As Windows 10 is a free upgrade from Windows 8 I wouldn't think you'd get a discount on that basis...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,909 ✭✭✭✭L1011

As Windows 10 is a free upgrade from Windows 8 I wouldn't think you'd get a discount on that basis...

That's what I imagine too - but the few "free Windows 7" Vista laptops were shifted by Tesco as old stock pretty quick back in the mists of time - I bought a Thinkpad 3000 in a pack deal with some useless stuff (Canon printer, bag, junk antivirus, etc) for about €250 when it was selling for over €600 with Win7 preinstalled.

History may repeat itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 332 ✭✭KathleenF

Leather folio Kindle covers for €3.51 in Newcastle West. Dozens in clearance section in blue, and red canvas ones too.

Could people post any other discontinued bargains they find?
    I just found out that T dried milk, instant and value, was reduced and my local store has no more coming in.

Carnation condensed/evaporated milk, various versions reduced to 25%
    Energizer high tech AA 4pack 74c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Springwell

Naas store, large range of discontinued items on the shelf opposite the electrical area where special offers are usually stocked. Mostly condiments, spices and canned/packet goods. All at clearance prices....just the prices of what I bought below.

Dried wood ear wild mushrooms 1.65
    Tabasco spicy habanero sauce 69c
    Heinz black label spicy tomato and chorizo soup 60c
    Green giant Mexican corn 50c
    Ambrosia flavoured rice pudding cans 40c
    Tesco chilli sauce jars 35c
    Tesco organic kidney beans 54c
    Bisto stock melts beef or chicken 4s 67c
    Cook Italian linguine, pappardelle and spaghetti 500g 35c

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

Springwell wrote: »
    Naas store, large range of discontinued items on the shelf opposite the electrical area where special offers are usually stocked. Mostly condiments, spices and canned/packet goods. All at clearance prices....just the prices of what I bought below.

Dried wood ear wild mushrooms 1.65
    Tabasco spicy habanero sauce 69c
    Heinz black label spicy tomato and chorizo soup 60c
    Green giant Mexican corn 50c
    Ambrosia flavoured rice pudding cans 40c
    Tesco chilli sauce jars 35c
    Tesco organic kidney beans 54c
    Bisto stock melts beef or chicken 4s 67c
    Cook Italian linguine, pappardelle and spaghetti 500g 35c

Hope my local tesco has all that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

snubbleste wrote: »

Energizer high tech AA 4pack 74c

I went into Tesco Sligo with the intention of buying 10 packs as Im always camping and use a lot of batteries, all sold out! :(

ncur wrote: »
    Hope my local tesco has all that!

There was loads of most things left in Naas even after I'd bought 10 of each stock melts etc. All had long dates on them too so no problem stocking up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,216 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

check the date on those dried mushrooms, bbe Dec 2014 in my local store last night.

Mar 16 on mine

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

Thanks, yeah, still looking! Was hoping for some great back to school offer but I have yet to find one! :)

If you only use a laptop for casual internet surfing and the odd word document. A Chromebook is a good choice. They are cheap, light and have an unreal battery. They are quite limited in what they can do. But for their price, they are pretty good. My brother has used mine for the summer and loves how light it is. You can get one for about €200 off amazon. I use mine for college, as you dont have to worry about charing it constantly and its light enough/cool enough to type on your lap.

They dont work for everyone. They are perfect for my needs though

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭AhrSkidar

snubbleste wrote: »

230g jar of Tesco Spicy Mango Chutney 13c (Athlone)

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭paska

manuka honey 15+ €6.50 Half price. Tesco Rush.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,453 ✭✭✭CH3OH

The Kappa Messenger bags that were on offer as part of a promotion have gone on clearance at €7.95
    These were €14.95
    http://www.tesco.ie/kappa/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

CH3OH wrote: »
    The Tesco Messenger bags that were on offer as part of a promotion have gone on clearance at €7.95
    These were €14.95
    http://www.tesco.ie/kappa/

Thanks. Wife picked one up in Tesco Roxboro today for €7.95

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement