Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Even More Tesco Bargains

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Pinkycharm wrote: »
    32gb IPad for €150 and 64gb ipad for €190. Not the air models. All stock gone in Nenagh but there was some in Limerick today. Staff are buying them up though, just getting rid of the old models. they have wifi and the 64gb one is 4g. asked directly at customer service for them and was given tip from a staff member.

Awesome. Is it the iPad 2 or 3 do u know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Pinkycharm

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Awesome. Is it the iPad 2 or 3 do u know?

I'd say 2 maybe. this is the sticker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dan185

Quick google puts that model number as a 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Was in Tesco last Friday and spent what I thought amounted to €55.
    Cashier said total was €68, paid for it and checked the receipt before leaving.
    Got charged €15 for something that should have been €10 (3 of them).
    Up to customer service, told her and she checked and said "that's right, I'll have to call a manager".
    She disappeared and came back and said she would refund the difference.
    I then said "is it not double the difference?".
    She said she would have to check with the manager again.
    She disappeared again, came back 3 minutes later and said "manager had authorised the double the difference".
    If I hadn't known about it, she would have just paid me the difference.
    Chancers.
    Checked in another Tesco and was told, it's double the difference in all shops.

This is standard in all shops or so it seems. My local tesco know me and still say it to me when I am overcharged. I point to the board behind the staff member, mention double the difference and they DO have to get a manager to authorise.

They say they make money by not handing it over unless challenged!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Fuk it, would like one of the iPads but not gonna chance going into a tesco only to possibly find none in there lol

Fuk it, would like one of the iPads but not gonna chance going into a tesco only to possibly find none in there lol

Ring around and see would they have them in stock and keep one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

32gb IPad for €150 and 64gb ipad for €190. Not the air models. All stock gone in Nenagh but there was some in Limerick today. Staff are buying them up though, just getting rid of the old models. they have wifi and the 64gb one is 4g. asked directly at customer service for them and was given tip from a staff member.

That is a lovely deal. I might ask in Dublin city tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭new2sat

OK, so not as fancy as the iPads but sure everyone likes a treat.

Spotted this eve

€5.30 for 1 or €4 for 2 (50 cent each - hell yeah)

Guess which option I took

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

new2sat wrote: »

Spotted this eve

Not sure what you bought?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Hococop wrote: »
    Not sure what you bought?

Magnum 4 pack. New2Sat put in a post title probably not realising that you can't see them on mobile

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

new2sat wrote: »

Spotted this eve

What is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭new2sat

4 pack of Magnums

1 pack €5.30

2 packs €4.00

Apologies for the post earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

2 x 4 packs of magnums!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

up til recently they had their "Staying Down Price" of €1.99 each.
    now they're doing 2 for €4 which is same price but made to look like a better offer than it really is.
    get ready for next month when they up the price, but try disguise it as an offer by doing a "Half Price - was €5.30, now €2.65"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Magnum really are a joke with their promotions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Fishy1

Any idea which Limerick stores? Will be down that direction tomorrow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭mightybashful

RossieMan wrote: »
    Magnum really are a joke with their promotions.

Put this one down to tesco. Centra do the raspberry magnums for 2.50 just now as opposed to to 5.15 in tesco.

The 1.99€ offer for the other flavours in tesco was a 'staying down' price til August 31. Different calanders?

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Tradnuts

Re: iPad.

Was in Tesco Maynooth this morning.
    Out of stock sticker on the iPad display.

Says it's a 32gb, 4th gen. Price was 199euro. But alas, marked as out of stock. I didn't get a chance to talk to a member of staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭bars

Tesco Wexford had Ipad4 32gb for 199 all gone. 64gb for 299, I bought one with competitor voucher. Ipad3 with 3G for 259euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Did anybody try Nutgrove for the Moto E?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Cr8or

I had look for the iPads in Finglas clearwater and Clarehall. Sold out three weeks ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Put this one down to tesco. Centra do the raspberry magnums for 2.50 just now as opposed to to 5.15 in tesco.

The 1.99€ offer for the other flavours in tesco was a 'staying down' price til August 31. Different calanders?

Every retail chain has their own promotion schedule the suppliers have to stick to this they usually alternate promotions between them so it could be Tesco this month, Dunnes next month and so on. Sometimes they'll run a bonus week if they're overstocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Lau2976

Tesco tallaght still have the samsung st30 for €39. One left when I was there a while ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Tesco any 6 wines for €50.

http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/ProductBuylist/default.aspx?id=L00003770&icid=GHP_2A_6for50EURWine

If you use an Aldi voucher €10 off a > €50 shop (in the Irish Indo on 2nd & 3rd July) you can get 6 bottles for €40 or 12 bottles for €80 (if you have two vouchers). Assuming they'll apply the 5% discount for purchasing 6 bottle or more then you could save another €2.50 on 6 bottles or €5 on 12.

Valid until 3rd July.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

5 pack of Curly Wurlys for €1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Pipmae wrote: »
    Tesco any 6 wines for €50.

http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/ProductBuylist/default.aspx?id=L00003770&icid=GHP_2A_6for50EURWine

If you use an Aldi voucher €10 off a > €50 shop (in the Irish Indo on 2nd & 3rd July) you can get 6 bottles for €40 or 12 bottles for €80 (if you have two vouchers). Assuming they'll apply the 5% discount for purchasing 6 bottle or more then you could save another €2.50 on 6 bottles or €5 on 12.

Valid until 3rd July.

They do apply the 5% discount BEFORE accepting the 10 off 50 voucher so be aware of this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

4 cans of Stella Artois Cidre 500ml for €4.50

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

ShaneU wrote: »

That's €4 more than they're worth,:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

11hfjnm.jpg2yo3jvo.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭ando

where's that Gazz?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

ando wrote: »
    where's that Gazz?

I'd say it's in Gazz's house by now :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

Drogheda but check your locals,loads of em in stock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

ShaneU wrote: »

They have been that for the last week or so. They're nice too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Terenure have 3 packs of Crunchie, Wispa and Double Decker, all the brands of Fruit Shoot and the two brands of Oreo, any 3 for €3

Fishy1 wrote: »
    Any idea which Limerick stores? Will be down that direction tomorrow!

Was crescent and coonagh that I had rang. my friend got one in the arthurs key one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

Drogheda but check your locals,loads of em in stock

I have long puzzled about this, but in these days of built in mics and cameras, why do people want these?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Glenbhoy wrote: »
    I have long puzzled about this, but in these days of built in mics and cameras, why do people want these?

Well in my case its because my inbuilt web cam broke and wasn't particularly great in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Glenbhoy wrote: »

Desktops don't have built in mics or cameras

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Resolva bug killer scanning at 65c in Maynooth. Shelf is 6.99

Screwed up my voucher run though, pushed me so far under 50!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

I've noticed in a few stores two versions of Weedol lawn weedkiller in stock at the moment. It's the identical amount of the identical product in both, only the packaging is somewhat different.

One is priced (and scans) at €11.99 but the other is only €9. At either price though, it's a bargain compared to the €14.99 Woodies are looking for it!

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Andrex classic white 18 roll €8 from last Wednesday to next Tuesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭ando

Tesco Naas

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭dawidnowak2005

ando wrote: »
    Tesco Naas

What is one left top corner? 2.5€? Cant read

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

What is one left top corner? 2.5€? Cant read

DVDs i guess..

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭dawidnowak2005

Its looks like Apple care

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Its looks like Apple care

it is (for ipad i think). as far as i know this can only be applied to an ipad bought within the last 12 months...ie read the small print before buying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

I'm holding out for a dab radio for next to nothing after missing them the last time around and some grass seed.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭DaraDali

cerastes wrote: »
    I'm holding out for a dab radio for next to nothing after missing them the last time around and some grass seed.

You can get grass seed for 1.49 in dealz's :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭masculinist

DaraDali wrote: »

I got cheap grass seed before in dealz and other places. Unfortunately despite throwing tons of it on again and again , half the seeds didnt sprout and it was patchy and bad quality. You cant beat an unfortunately expensive but good quality grass if you ask me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

DaraDali wrote: »
    At 1.49 I might give it a go.
    I got cheap grass seed before in dealz and other places. Unfortunately despite throwing tons of it on again and again , half the seeds didnt sprout and it was patchy and bad quality. You cant beat an unfortunately expensive but good quality grass if you ask me.

I still like to try a better brand myself, all the better if I can get it on an offer, which I had in the past in B&Q, mine didn't sprout like you say but I think that was more to it being kept for ages or possibly poor preparation of the soil on my part, probably needs more than me scratching the surface with a rake.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement