Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cafes near Eyre Square

Options
  • 12-05-2015 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, working in the city near Eyre Square for a couple of days. Where is good to go for lunch? Not looking for a massive meal or anything, thinking more along the lines of a nice cafe.

Leaning towards a healthier option than Burger King or Supermacs, as much as they're tempting me :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

Try pascals, I read on trip advisor it's cracking! I've yet to try it... It's on Edward square.
    Also if you've somewhere to eat at work, the deli in gourmet tart is amazing and you can ring in advance to order

• Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Cellars sandwiches are amazing (opposite brown thomas)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,889 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I always go to Cafe Express. It's on the corner across from the Imperial Hotel beside CEX.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover54

Cafe Zealous behind TK Maxx.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Daisy78

Renzo,s on Eyre St do the best coffee in Galway as far as I'm concerned, their food is pretty decent too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

I miss the days when people used to try a few different things to figure out what they liked best.
    Now it's all about trying things other people like.

It's only a cafe, you'll spend about €10, try different ones for the week.

If it was a €300 euro tv you want people's opinion on, fair enough or a hotel room, grand as they can be pricey and you need to spend a fair amount of time there, but for café, just enjoy the exploring of different ones

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Thanks guys for the suggestions, I ended up going to Pascals as per ArtyC's suggestion, was quite nice!

Swiftman if I had the budget I would have tried a few, but it was just for the one day, went back to my packed lunches then :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,151 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

swiftman wrote: »
    I miss the days when people used to try a few different things to figure out what they liked best.
    Now it's all about trying things other people like.

It's only a cafe, you'll spend about €10, try different ones for the week.

If it was a €300 euro tv you want people's opinion on, fair enough or a hotel room, grand as they can be pricey and you need to spend a fair amount of time there, but for café, just enjoy the exploring of different ones

Quit living in the past Marge!

Cellar, Cellar, Cellar OP, can be very busy at lunch hour times though.

Advertisement