Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Buggy/Pram

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

pwurple wrote: »
    Children are great at throwing spanners in the works! Yes, that can absolutely work. I did that for a while, but my second child had reflux. Not the silent reflux kind, more like projectile vomitting, 20+ times a day.

I just found the carrier was impossible in that scenario. I ended up changing my own clothes way too much. Ended up walking through shops looking for clothes to buy because I had just been puked on again! And getting them to scan them while I was wearing them.

But, I could put her in the buggy, on a towel/muslin, and just swap the towels and bibs as we went along.

So, yes, I'd aim for that alright, and then see what suits you all when the baba arrives.

Good to know :) This lad has silent reflux so the carrier is great for him and keeping him upright. Well I'll do my research in advance but postpone buying anything too I see how the 'twinkle in my eye' is when they appear at some stage all going well!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Just posting on this for the future, only had the first! Has anyone worked with a carrier and a normal buggy? I use a structured carrier with my baby and tbh I actually find it way more handy than the buggy for shopping at the moment (he's four months). I imagine when he's walking it'll be buggy needed but when the 2nd comes along (all going well in the future) I'd consider keeping my buggy for the current baby and using the carrier for the newborn. Is that mad?

I use slings a lot but sometimes I just need the buggy too. I have a Manducca and Buzzidil and a wrap and a ring sling. I have 4 pretty close in age though so had I known about better slings when my 1st 2 were small it may have not been such a necessity.
    3 of mine had reflux,I used to use a muslin or towel in the sling and it made life so much easier.

Advertisement