Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

River Moy Half Marathon 16th May 2015

Options
  • 12-05-2015 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

This is next Sat - lining up myself and hoping to break my 1.32 PB.

Apparently a flat enough course. There are some hills but seem to be mainly in only one section based on reports.

WEBSITE

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭snailsong

Yes, quite a nice course. Unfortunately might be a bit windy on Saturday.
    There will be pacers for 1.30 if you want to go with them.
    I'll be pacing 1.50. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Running Fool

Ugh - fingers crossed for no wind - pointless as it may be to say that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭dublin runner

Really good race. Just one very sharp short to negotiate. Asides from that, a typical country route with ups and downs.

Really good race. Just one very sharp short to negotiate. Asides from that, a typical country route with ups and downs.

*I hope they have a runner pacer for the 1.30 as last year it was a cyclist. Far from ideal.

Nuts, don't like the sound of that.

Nuts, don't like the sound of that.

It's a really good course. Really enjoyed it the last two years. The last few miles are quick.

• Advertisement

It's a really good course. Really enjoyed it the last two years. The last few miles are quick.

Fingers crossed, hoping for a PB but have had a few stumbles in the last few weeks. Will line up with the 1.30 person anyway.

Fingers crossed, hoping for a PB but have had a few stumbles in the last few weeks. Will line up with the 1.30 person anyway.

Have s good one. One of my favourite races.

Just watch out for the trad band around 8 miles! Gave me a great laugh the first year. Brilliant.

Great race. Well organized, friendly.

Got in at 1.30.02 - over 2mins PB and was pretty comfortable up till mile 9. Just couldn't push it for the last mile and a half. Sprint finish, but those 2 secs were gone.
    Was very windy in sections, particularly one very exposed section about mile 5 or 6, also quite a lot more hills than I expected. Some rain too, but that was cooling more than anything else.

Certainly on a flatter course I would have done better. But also it put to bed a couple of bad races recently when I thought I should be doing better.
    Just lining up with the 1.30 pacer was a great idea, and leaves me confident of the possibility of A Lot of training putting me into the 1.20's or so.

Also the pacer doing 1.30 was great, very chatty, kept group morale up.

Def a race I'd recommend.

Got in at 1.30.02 - over 2mins PB and was pretty comfortable up till mile 9. Just couldn't push it for the last mile and a half. Sprint finish, but those 2 secs were gone.
    Was very windy in sections, particularly one very exposed section about mile 5 or 6, also quite a lot more hills than I expected. Some rain too, but that was cooling more than anything else.

Certainly on a flatter course I would have done better. But also it put to bed a couple of bad races recently when I thought I should be doing better.
    Just lining up with the 1.30 pacer was a great idea, and leaves me confident of the possibility of A Lot of training putting me into the 1.20's or so.

Well done on the big pb. Pity about the 2 seconds, it'll make the 90 all the sweeter when it happens.

Paced 1:45 in the end, very enjoyable and got a good few in on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

2 guys ran it in 68 minutes. Seriously impressive stuff. Did one of those guys run the marathon in manchester recently or have I the wrong guy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,525 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

2 guys ran it in 68 minutes. Seriously impressive stuff. Did one of those guys run the marathon in manchester recently or have I the wrong guy?
    You might be thinking of last year's second place? This year Ultrapercy was in second in 72 mins (assuming the results are correct).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Is today's winner targeting rio for the marathon?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

Is today's winner targeting rio for the marathon?

1.08.54 wouldn't be good enough, brutal and all as that may sound.

Which leads me to ask, what would you have to be running for a Half?

1.05?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭ultrapercy

Itziger wrote: »
    1.08.54 wouldn't be good enough, brutal and all as that may sound.

Which leads me to ask, what would you have to be running for a Half?

1.05?

He is indeed targeting Rio. He is running Berlin in September. He has a marathon pb of 2.19 which he is hoping to improve. I wouldn't read too much into yesterday's time, he is just coming back from injury it was a tough course with lots of long draws and some forrest trail to deal with. Also he was Running solo with his nearest challanger (me) over 3 mind behind.He looked fluent and relaxed I'm told. He has a strong outside chance of 2.17 so Rio is not a ridiculous ambition for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

looking through the results , a lot of people i know locally ran pbs, the wind whilst bad enough on the way out mustve been pushing ye back in a bit too..
    not a hilly course as such, but theres a long drag from town up and most of the time in the wind to where you turn off the main road..
    was driving through town when a lot of the 1.48-1.50s were running through was great to watch a big crowd running through town..

woody1 wrote: »
    looking through the results , a lot of people i know locally ran pbs, the wind whilst bad enough on the way out mustve been pushing ye back in a bit too..
    not a hilly course as such, but theres a long drag from town up and most of the time in the wind to where you turn off the main road..
    was driving through town when a lot of the 1.48-1.50s were running through was great to watch a big crowd running through town..

It was more of a cross wind on the Killala Road. Km 10-13 ran pretty fast with a tailwind and downhill, most picked up.a few seconds here.

Advertisement