Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend some nice places to eat and drink near Vicar Street

Options
  • 12-05-2015 2:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭

My husband and I will be in Dublin for a Dara O'Briain show on a Wednesday night in June. We're only staying over night and don't really want to do a lot of walking around, basically we're just looking for some nice laid back casual places to go before and after the show. Thanks in advance.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭nosietoes

Bull & castle right beside Christchurch has lovely food, great selection of beer and some great cocktails. I would go upstairs if I were you.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭patsypantaloni

I'd second the above recommendation. Can also highly recommend La Dolce Vita on Cow's Lane, about a 10min walk to Vicar St, v laidback Italian restaurant (not a pizza place but they do great antipasti, pastas and wine if you like that sort of thing)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

There is a new bar called the Beer Market that does craft beers. Owned by the Galway Bay Brewery who also own Against the Grain. Not much food on so it may be a place to visit after the gig.

http://www.galwaybaybrewery.com/beermarket/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

My husband and I will be in Dublin for a Dara O'Briain show on a Wednesday night in June. We're only staying over night and don't really want to do a lot of walking around, basically we're just looking for some nice laid back casual places to go before and after the show. Thanks in advance.:)

Brazen head is where we go.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

The Bull and Castle might be better for food: http://bull-and-castle.fxbuckley.ie/

Another vote for the Beer Market. I haven't been to it but the crowd who run it have a few pubs around town and they tend to put in a good effort. It's Craft Beer only though as I understand it (no wine/spirits/soft drinks I think). I think they have free water and PieMan Cafe pies though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I think the Bull and Castle is your best bet, Thomas Street itself, really needs a better quality restaurant/pub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Thomas House is perfect for before/after pints for Vicar St.

It's right across the road so you don't run the risk of leaving it too late to finish your pint and get in to the venue.

Advertisement