Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to buy a high quality acoustic guitar in Dublin?

• 12-05-2015 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi folks,
    I think it's time for an upgrade. I have a lovely solid top yairi that's aging well, but intonation is a constant issue. I was planning on a trip to Dublin to scout out some of the better guitar shops. Could anyone kindly point me in the right direction? Somewhere with a decent collection of nice acoustics (£1-4k range). I'd happily go to London, but exchange rate ain't too pretty these days.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Cclancy

Some Neck Guitars on Georges Street would be a good port of call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Cclancy wrote:
    Some Neck Guitars on Georges Street would be a good port of call.

Bigtime. I have to avoid going in there for fear of what I'd spend if I went in.

The Guitar Centre on Exchequer Street are a Martin and Maton Dealer, and Waltons on Georges Street have high end Gibsons if that floats your boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Cclancy

Bigtime. I have to avoid going in there for fear of what I'd spend if I went in.

Oh man, I feel your pain. That place is dangerous! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 loumcc

I would have to say waltons. they have a great selection of great acoustic and electric guitar in all price ranges!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Hi folks,
    I think it's time for an upgrade. I have a lovely solid top yairi that's aging well, but intonation is a constant issue. I was planning on a trip to Dublin to scout out some of the better guitar shops. Could anyone kindly point me in the right direction? Somewhere with a decent collection of nice acoustics (£1-4k range). I'd happily go to London, but exchange rate ain't too pretty these days.
    Thanks.

For that sort of budget would you not look at getting one handmade? Somewhere like this maybe http://www.chrislarkinguitars.com/

I'm not a guitarist and nor do I have any dealings or contact with the site I linked, but maybe it's food for thought

• Advertisement
Advertisement