Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarming MINE or FLAG text message!

Options
  • 12-05-2015 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭

I just got a text message from +353871******* and it says that I got a €**** transaction on my credit card, please respond with MINE or FLAG.
    I went into my online acc and there's no evidence of this €**** transaction.
    Any ideas ?? /worried 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

I just got a text message from +353871******* and it says that I got a €**** transaction on my credit card, please respond with MINE or FLAG.
    I went into my online acc and there's no evidence of this €**** transaction.
    Any ideas ?? /worried 
    Hi Morriseeee,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

This text is sent to you as a security measure to determine if the transaction relates to a genuine transaction that you have carried out. You can reply with 'MINE' to confirm that this is one of your transactions, otherwise if the transaction is not familiar you can reply with 'FLAG'.

To query this further, please call our credit card team at 0818 251 251 (+353567757747 from abroad) and one of our representatives will be able to advise you.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks
    Nicola

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Thanks for that and thanks for notifying me, much obliged. 
    The transaction was indeed bogus. 
    I rang BOI and they cancelled my card.
    Could you tell me who the transaction was made to ? (via PM or email on my acc) The guy last night mentioned who it was but I can't recall what he said specifically.

What I found strange was that when I login into my acc that the Credit Available eur **** almost exactly matches the amount of the bogus transaction, weird!
    Also I looked at other transactions and I noticed another one that is bogus, from HOTELS IN ONE LTD for €15.20. What can I do about this one as last months payment has been taken out/settled ? 

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Thanks for that and thanks for notifying me, much obliged. 
    The transaction was indeed bogus. 
    I rang BOI and they cancelled my card.
    Could you tell me who the transaction was made to ? (via PM or email on my acc) The guy last night mentioned who it was but I can't recall what he said specifically.

What I found strange was that when I login into my acc that the Credit Available eur **** almost exactly matches the amount of the bogus transaction, weird!
    Also I looked at other transactions and I noticed another one that is bogus, from HOTELS IN ONE LTD for €15.20. What can I do about this one as last months payment has been taken out/settled ? 

Cheers
    Hi Morrisseeee,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.

We do not have account details at this department so cannot confirm the details.

If you call Credit Card Services on 0818 251 251 / +353 56 7757747 a rep will be happy to confirm the details of the initial transaction and also look into the second transaction on your card.

Thanks

Billy

Advertisement